Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mindy76

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Sorry for all the questions girls but I have one more!!! I haven't gone I doctor yet (booked Friday) but because of pcos and long irregular cycles will dating it be hard? I thought I ovulated on cd21 which would make me 5 weeks at the weekend, but last period date would make me 6 weeks at the weekend. I wouldn't have thought I could go by last period date due to long cycles but the day before my period was due I got 2-3 weeks on a clearblue. How accurate are they?

I suppose 5 or 6 weeks is much of a muchness but I'm eager to get the early scan as soon as I can without wasting money because I went too early

Yes as far as I know they will only put your dates down provisionally until your first scan.. Leave your early scan until you at at least 7 weeks and id say you'll be ok to see the heartbeat. That said the scan should date you regardless of when you have it done but it's very nice and reassuring to see the heartbeat and if you go too early you might not get to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Sorry for all the questions girls but I have one more!!! I haven't gone I doctor yet (booked Friday) but because of pcos and long irregular cycles will dating it be hard? I thought I ovulated on cd21 which would make me 5 weeks at the weekend, but last period date would make me 6 weeks at the weekend. I wouldn't have thought I could go by last period date due to long cycles but the day before my period was due I got 2-3 weeks on a clearblue. How accurate are they?

On my last pregnancy I had no idea when I conceived due to irregular cycles, my doctor sent the booking letter and put me at 14 weeks by my dates, I got a scan pretty much straight away as they thought I was so far gone but the scan dated me at six weeks so I got to come back for another one at 12 weeks, this was the Coombe. It sounds like your dates are only a week or so off so you probably wont get an early scan.

Should have said my early scan was a private scan I paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

xalot wrote: »
    . It sounds like your dates are only a week or so off so you probably wont get an early scan.

I am going to pay for one too. Just because I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I am going to pay for one too. Just because I can't wait.

A friend went to the baby scan place on Grafton street and quality of the stuff she got was great, think she was about 8 weeks. I went to Ultrasound dimensions in Blackrock for my 3D scan last time and it was such a lovely experience, very different from the hospital experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 samiF

Hi girls this is my first post & I'm nervous .... but here goes. I'm due nov 20th so im 5 weeks - 6 weeks on easter monday( still counting days), we are pregnant through Icsi with Sims Ivf on our first go (so lucky & so greatful) after trying for 3 & a half years.
    Its lovely reading everyone's story. I've my first scan on 5th April & im counting the days. I need to heart beat before it feels real. We will also find out then if it's 1 or 2!!! The waiting is killing me...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dizzy bee

samiF wrote: »
    Hi girls this is my first post & I'm nervous .... but here goes. I'm due nov 20th so im 5 weeks - 6 weeks on easter monday( still counting days), we are pregnant through Icsi with Sims Ivf on our first go (so lucky & so greatful) after trying for 3 & a half years.
    Its lovely reading everyone's story. I've my first scan on 5th April & im counting the days. I need to heart beat before it feels real. We will also find out then if it's 1 or 2!!! The waiting is killing me...

Huge congrats SamiF! Sorry you had a tough road getting here but fingers crossed everything will go smoothly now :) good luck with your scan...it's not that long away now

Congratulations, we have the same due date!

Mindy76 wrote: »
    Congratulations, we have the same due date!

Congrats, how u feeling? Have u had a scan yet? The waiting for mine is so hard... Thought the 2ww was bad! Lol

Congrats SamiF! That's a long time but I'm sure you're glad now you persevered! I'm sure it'll all go great. I'm nervous too, I think all the first timers here are, and probably some of the second and third timers :-)
    What do you mean 1 or 2... High chance of twins?? That'd be cool

• Advertisement

Congrats, how u feeling? Have u had a scan yet? The waiting for mine is so hard... Thought the 2ww was bad! Lol

No scan yet, have booked one for the 7th April, really looking forward to it. Yes I know from last time that once you have the first scan and see the baba it becomes more real. I'm feeling ok.. I had no morning sickness or any issues really on my first pregnancy.. I have had some nausea (not too bad) but I'm hoping for the same this time again. How are you feeling?

Mindy did you really escape morning sickness totally? I'm anxious about it. I'm quite bloated last two days and my digestion is a bit sluggish ... I hope it's not starting

Mindy did you really escape morning sickness totally? I'm anxious about it. I'm quite bloated last two days and my digestion is a bit sluggish ... I hope it's not starting

Yes! I was very lucky no sickness at all! I am very bloated at the moment and have had mild nausea the last few days but hoping that passes soon!

Congrats SamiF! That's a long time but I'm sure you're glad now you persevered! I'm sure it'll all go great. I'm nervous too, I think all the first timers here are, and probably some of the second and third timers :-)
    What do you mean 1 or 2... High chance of twins?? That'd be cool

Hi, I'm a second timer, have a 4 year old already but still nervous. We had 2 embryos transferred during Ivf so yes it could be twins, have to wait till scan to find out. X

Mindy76 wrote: »
    No scan yet, have booked one for the 7th April, really looking forward to it. Yes I know from last time that once you have the first scan and see the baba it becomes more real. I'm feeling ok.. I had no morning sickness or any issues really on my first pregnancy.. I have had some nausea (not too bad) but I'm hoping for the same this time again. How are you feeling?

Hi, I'm feeling ok so far just tired but I've a terrible cold for a week that I can't shift x

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bluepants

Hi ladies, congrats to you all, what an exciting time.
    I'd love to join in, think I'm about 8 weeks, it's my first time so I'm quite anxious/nervous.
    I was so excited when I found out first, just wanted to tell everyone, and felt fine, but the past 2 weeks iv totally gone off food and feel a bit miserable so hoping it will pass soon so I can enjoy more. Havnt been sick yet tho.
    Boobs have been sore for weeks now, so annoying coz I love sleeping on my belly.
    Iv also completely gone off chocolate -which I love - and it's easter :(
    Iv booked in for an early scan next week, so excited for that!!
    I was looking at maybe getting 1 or 2 pregnancy books online, has anyone any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Congrats bluepants! I am 7 weeks tomorrow, first timer, and sitting here in work and my jeans are so tight on me but its because I am so bloated or something. Obviously its not a bump but I have swelled up, gone up a bra size too. And yes my boobs are sooooo sore!!! I defo haven't gone off chocolate :) But I am more hungry, my stomach is constantly rumbling!!! I guess the saying 'you are eating for 2' is really true! I have booked in for a scan tomorrow in ultrasound dimensions in blackrock........... so excited because then it will feel real. We then plan to tell our parents on sunday!!!!!! EEEEEEK!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bluepants

Oh cool sinead, best of luck with the ultrasound tomorrow.
    I think we'll tell our parents next wkend, but maybe my best friend before then.
    Iv a few hen parties coming up soon, anyone with tips on how to pretend to be drinking please share :)

Well I am in a stickler too bluepants because I am getting married in 7 weeks!! My OWN hen is in 4 weeks. I think I might just fess up to extended family and friends when my hens is on because there is no way I cant not drink. I dont really care about not drinking on my wedding, I am not a massive drinker and will be content on some non alcoholic bubbles!

Hi, anyone been using clear blue digital tests, I have to test weekly until my scan on 5th April (the clinic told me too), I've been using digital got 1-2 weeks then last sat 2-3 but today it's still 2-3 weeks! I've checked Google & seems common but anyone else had that too? I'm gonna be 6 weeks on Monday.

• Advertisement

Hi, anyone been using clear blue digital tests, I have to test weekly until my scan on 5th April (the clinic told me too), I've been using digital got 1-2 weeks then last sat 2-3 but today it's still 2-3 weeks! I've checked Google & seems common but anyone else had that too? I'm gonna be 6 weeks on Monday.

I used one, it told me 2-3 weeks (which would make me 4-5) weeks even though I'm convinced My period wasn't even due for 2 days (have pcos so ovulation date is a bit sketchy but I'm fairly good at recognising it). Googling it seems to bring up a lot that are inaccurate. From what I can tell people call have vastly different results at the same stage

Just back from the scan.... All ok! Everything looks good, such a relief. Saw the heart beat.......Plenty of tears!!!! 7 weeks today and due date 12th November x

sinead81 wrote: »
    Just back from the scan.... All ok! Everything looks good, such a relief. Saw the heart beat.......Plenty of tears!!!! 7 weeks today and due date 12th November x

Well done you!!! Was it clear enough at 7weeks? Did your date change?

Well done you!!! Was it clear enough at 7weeks? Did your date change?

It was actually, well as in you could make out the little shape and see the flicker on the screen which was the heartbeat. Very very emotional! My date didn't change either from what the doc said. Just waiting now for my hospital apt. Well worth the cost of going to these private places! Huge peace of mind!

That's so exciting!! I'm officially 6 weeks tomorrow but due to pcos I need a dating scan and I'm fairly sure when I ovulated so I reckon I'm 5 weeks, so need to wait a few weeks for the scan.

Well girls I'm 6 weeks today, no symptoms yet. What did everyone suffer with at 6 weeks?

Well girls I'm 6 weeks today, no symptoms yet. What did everyone suffer with at 6 weeks?

I'm 6 weeks!
    1) sore boobs (really bad, not agony but much worse than AF). Included sore nipples
    2) big boobs (despite starting as an FF not happy with this!),
    3) indigestion.No nausea to speak of bar the indigestion. My gut seems to have slowed down so I feel quite bloated and full. Need to eat regularly but can't finish a big meal.
    4) I keep farting, I'm very attractive right now!!😂
    5) a bit more tired than usual especially at night

That's it I think. Hoping I don't get much worse because in reality I'm feeling quite good and I'd prefer to enjoy these few weeks!

I'm 6 weeks!
    1) sore boobs (really bad, not agony but much worse than AF). Included sore nipples
    2) big boobs (despite starting as an FF not happy with this!),
    3) indigestion.No nausea to speak of bar the indigestion. My gut seems to have slowed down so I feel quite bloated and full. Need to eat regularly but can't finish a big meal.
    4) I keep farting, I'm very attractive right now!!😂
    5) a bit more tired than usual especially at night

That's it I think. Hoping I don't get much worse because in reality I'm feeling quite good and I'd prefer to enjoy these few weeks!

Hi,
    Sounds like u have quiet a few symptoms, I remember from My last pregnancy they didn't kick in till about 8-9 weeks so reckon it might be the same. I am bloated even though I've lost weight, I feel huge already. My boobs are not too bad although I did get some shooting pains over w/end. I feel full quickly when eating a meal.

My scan is next week & it feels like forever waiting!!

Also a bit cranky, but nothing too bad. They come and go.
    The food thing is annoying- I'm trying to get used to eating smaller portions more often. I suppose it's healthier but it's annoying when I'm out and pay for a meal and can't eat half of it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

I haven't really any symptoms at all myself at nearly 6 weeks, Just some pms type pain, It was the same on my last 2 pregnancies too, I'm tired but I couldn't say that's 100% down to pregnancy as I have an underactive thyroid and would feel tiredness a lot!

I got my 1st booking in appointment for the 15th of April in the coombe and then my scan will be on the 13th of May, It's a bit of a pain to be going in there twice wish i could just do it all in May!

Advertisement