Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

When did you send off your registration letter to the Coombe lainycool? I sent mine off on the 18th March and I haven't heard from them yet, and I am 7.5 weeks gone. Would love to get a letter from them with even just a date of an appointment!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

sinead81 wrote: »
    When did you send off your registration letter to the Coombe lainycool? I sent mine off on the 18th March and I haven't heard from them yet, and I am 7.5 weeks gone. Would love to get a letter from them with even just a date of an appointment!!!

I sent it in on Monday the 21st and got my letter back on the 24th, I've had gestational diabetes with my last 2 pregnancies so that's why they bring me in early, I'll only be 8 weeks at that appointment so they won't be doing much, Just blood tests to check my sugar levels etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I haven't booked in to Holles street, I was waiting on my dating scan. Should I book anyway? I see I can book online but I got a referral letter so I might have to use that as I have PCOS? The system is hard to navigate!!!

Is it true that if you go to Holles street you don't get a scan until 20 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Beanybabog wrote: »
    I haven't booked in to Holles street, I was waiting on my dating scan. Should I book anyway? I see I can book online but I got a referral letter so I might have to use that as I have PCOS? The system is hard to navigate!!!

Is it true that if you go to Holles street you don't get a scan until 20 weeks?

Popping over from June your post caught my eye! I've been public in holles street twice and have had a scan (mini) at every single appointment. Got pics at my 13 week booking in apt. Obviously also had the big anomaly scan at 21 weeks.

You can register online or through a referral letter it doesn't matter, I did it online this time and got a letter back very quickly. Best to register and get in the system asap, they can adjust your dates based on your private scan if needs be. Unless it's a week or more out either way they'll likely leave your appointment as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Finally got my apt with the Coombe.... 28th April for 1st midwife apt and then the scan straight afterwards! Delighted that it will be all on the same day and it will be at the 12 week mark exactly :)

• Advertisement

I sent in my referral letter to register and emailed but it's been sent to a senior midwife for review. Is this normal or is it because I've a medical conditions (PCOS and on metformin)

I sent in my referral letter to register and emailed but it's been sent to a senior midwife for review. Is this normal or is it because I've a medical conditions (PCOS and on metformin)

Maybe they are deciding what part of the hospital to send you to? Like the diabetic department?

lainycool wrote: »
    Maybe they are deciding what part of the hospital to send you to? Like the diabetic department?

Thanks. It didn't say on my letter what type of care. Will they ask me that in the booking letter. I decided I would like to go with the combined care - half of appointments with GP. Should I ask for that now or wait until they contact me? If I get referred to a more high risk section I think it's not an option anyway. But PCOS doesn't actually count as high risk by itself....

Thanks. It didn't say on my letter what type of care. Will they ask me that in the booking letter. I decided I would like to go with the combined care - half of appointments with GP. Should I ask for that now or wait until they contact me? If I get referred to a more high risk section I think it's not an option anyway. But PCOS doesn't actually count as high risk by itself....

What hospital are you attending?
    No usually they wont say on the booking letter what department you are going to!

Holles street. What do I do so?? How do I tell them I'm picking public and combined care?

• Advertisement

Holles street. What do I do so?? How do I tell them I'm picking public and combined care?

Maybe give them a call and ask?
    I'm attending the coombe so they do things differant there!

Maybe give them a call and ask?
    I'm attending the coombe so they do things differant there!

Sent them an email and I'll follow up. Not sure if I can do combined care anyway so I'm sure they'll tell me. I see you had diabetes - did you have an option of combined care or not because of it? (Obviously I won't know if I'll get it but I'm on metformin which is for diabetes)

Sent them an email and I'll follow up. Not sure if I can do combined care anyway so I'm sure they'll tell me. I see you had diabetes - did you have an option of combined care or not because of it? (Obviously I won't know if I'll get it but I'm on metformin which is for diabetes)

Yes I had gestational diabetes and yes I had the option of combined care which I did on my 1st pregnancy but I just attended the hospital on my last as I was in the hospital all the time anyway, However I will do combined care this time again as I had to pay for my 6 week check up after baby was born and that's included in the combined care.

Thanks a million lainycool! I wasn't sure if the combined care was allowed with gestational diabetes and since I'm already on mediation for my blood sugar I might fall into that department. Anyway, I'm excited!! I'm going for a dating scan on Sunday!

Thanks a million lainycool! I wasn't sure if the combined care was allowed with gestational diabetes and since I'm already on mediation for my blood sugar I might fall into that department. Anyway, I'm excited!! I'm going for a dating scan on Sunday!

Ah brilliant that will be great to see! How many weeks will you be at scan?

Ah brilliant that will be great to see! How many weeks will you be at scan?

I don't know exactly!! I will be officially 8 week but could be 7 - due to PCOS it's not quite clear but shouldn't be out by too much. I reckon I'll be 7, but I'd love to be 8 and have cleared another week of trimester 1!

I don't know exactly!! I will be officially 8 week but could be 7 - due to PCOS it's not quite clear but shouldn't be out by too much. I reckon I'll be 7, but I'd love to be 8 and have cleared another week of trimester 1!

Oh I can't wait to reach the 2nd trimester, Literally feel like I have a hangover most days although my diet has been terrible for the last 2 weeks so I need to work on that.
    I have spots too which I never get! Boohoo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mindy76

I have pcos and am on metaformin and was the same for my last pregnancy and I didn't have gd.. Also it shouldn't make a difference in terms of your booking.. Not sure how things work in relation to bookings at Holles street but with the Coombe you tick for semi private or public on the booking form.. If you were a private patient you wouldn't be filling in the booking form you'd just make an apt with your chosen consultant..

You'll only be referred to the diabetic clinic if you do have GD. I sent in my booking form last week and forgot to include my referral form from doctor.. But sure I doubt it'll make a difference. My gp did say I may not be considered for combined care even though I did last time, he suspects with my age it may be required that I have all my visits in the Coombe. I'm hoping not! That would be inconvenient...

Oh I can't wait to reach the 2nd trimester, Literally feel like I have a hangover most days although my diet has been terrible for the last 2 weeks so I need to work on that.
    I have spots too which I never get! Boohoo!!!

I have spots too. Am tired as well. No nausea although I had a bit and discovered it was my nicotine lozenges, since I stopped them it lifted :eek:

I'm looking forward to the second trimester to be able to tell people, to fell great (apparently!) and start buying stuff :P I'd love if my scan said I was like 9 weeks, but I think that's impossible!!

Mindy76 wrote: »
    I have pcos and am on metaformin and was the same for my last pregnancy and I didn't have gd.. Also it shouldn't make a difference in terms of your booking..

Thanks a million. Holles street allow you book online but not if you have a pre exisiting medical condition etc, So I emailed them and dropped in my GP letter. I hope I'll get combined care, but I suppose I'll see what happens!

Main thing is get over the scan and fingers crossed the peanut is alive and kicking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Hope everyone is doing well. Am finding the constant nausea a lot tougher going this time around but hopefully it wont last much longer.

Had my first appointment in the coombe private clinic yesterday at 8 weeks 5 days. For anyone with their first appointment coming up allow a couple of hours. I met with the midwife first who took my medical history and tested urine (took about 25 mins). Then I waited about 20 mins to see the consultant. Am very happy with our choice, she seemed on the ball. She did a quick scan and printed off some photos for us. All looks well, delighted to see babs moving around, makes it very real. She has requested my previous chart so she can take a look over the various 'issues' I had last time but seemed open to scheduling a C section at 39 weeks which I really want.

Have decided to do the harmony test which they will do for €385 (a lot cheaper than other clinics). I'd just rather know if there was anything wrong so we have time to prepare ourselves. Will be nice knowing the gender too. Have scheduled it for 3 weeks time.

Think we're going to tell immediate family this weekend, very excited, there's no way I can hide it much longer!

xalot wrote: »
    Hope everyone is doing well. Am finding the constant nausea a lot tougher going this time around but hopefully it wont last much longer.

Had my first appointment in the coombe private clinic yesterday at 8 weeks 5 days. For anyone with their first appointment coming up allow a couple of hours. I met with the midwife first who took my medical history and tested urine (took about 25 mins). Then I waited about 20 mins to see the consultant. Am very happy with our choice, she seemed on the ball. She did a quick scan and printed off some photos for us. All looks well, delighted to see babs moving around, makes it very real. She has requested my previous chart so she can take a look over the various 'issues' I had last time but seemed open to scheduling a C section at 39 weeks which I really want.

Have decided to do the harmony test which they will do for €385 (a lot cheaper than other clinics). I'd just rather know if there was anything wrong so we have time to prepare ourselves. Will be nice knowing the gender too. Have scheduled it for 3 weeks time.

Think we're going to tell immediate family this weekend, very excited, there's no way I can hide it much longer!

That's great, sounds like you're making good progress! When did your nausea start? I'm apparently 7 weeks 2 days and I'm ok, hoping I escape!

I'm going to do the harmony too, that's a really good price though, I was look at like €500.

That's great, sounds like you're making good progress! When did your nausea start? I'm apparently 7 weeks 2 days and I'm ok, hoping I escape!

It started at 6 weeks and hasn't let up, hopefully you're in the clear. Last time around I had it very mild from about 7.5 weeks for about 14 days and then it just stopped. Freaked me out at the time but it's pretty normal for it to stop once the placenta takes over apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

*deep breath*

I still don't know if im ready to post here :/ Almost 6 years trying, 4 losses along the way but 7th (!!) scan today, measuring perfectly at 9 weeks and 5 days. Ridiculously nervous. Spotting more days than no spotting and horrible cramps. But the most beautiful heartbeat and little arms and legs waving at us this morning :)

Lucyfur wrote: »
    *deep breath*

I still don't know if im ready to post here :/ Almost 6 years trying, 4 losses along the way but 7th (!!) scan today, measuring perfectly at 9 weeks and 5 days. Ridiculously nervous. Spotting more days than no spotting and horrible cramps. But the most beautiful heartbeat and little arms and legs waving at us this morning :)

Ah thats great news for you, Congratulations to you and I really hope everything goes well!
    I have the horrible cramps too which do really freak me out!
    My sister in law bled up until she was 22 weeks pregnant and had a healthy baby boy at the end :-D

*deep breath*

Congratulations! Sounds like you've had a horrible time of it, seeing your baba makes everything that bit easier.

*deep breath*

Wow!! Well done you! All sounds very positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mindy76

*deep breath*

Huge congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

*deep breath*

So exciting luc xxxx

• Advertisement

Anyone else getting "fat"?? I'm not even 8 weeks so too early to show but my stomach is all blubbery (I wasn't exactly a washboard before :-))
    Been bloated a bit but today I didn't eat much but got undressed for my bath and shocked at my belly!!!

Advertisement