Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Anyone else getting "fat"?? I'm not even 8 weeks so too early to show but my stomach is all blubbery (I wasn't exactly a washboard before :-))
    Been bloated a bit but today I didn't eat much but got undressed for my bath and shocked at my belly!!!

YES!!! I am very wobbly on my belly. I haven't gained weight and in fact lost a lb this week so it's all very strange :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Any more November peeps have scans yet?? I was so excited about mine but the closer it gets the more I'm bricking it. I'm feeling a lot better which I'm worries is a bad sign!!! No nausea, not as tired, I even did a preg test yesterday!! Still positive but I assume it would be even if something has gone wrong. Not feeling pregnant :-(

Any more November peeps have scans yet?? I was so excited about mine but the closer it gets the more I'm bricking it. I'm feeling a lot better which I'm worries is a bad sign!!! No nausea, not as tired, I even did a preg test yesterday!! Still positive but I assume it would be even if something has gone wrong. Not feeling pregnant :-(

No, 3 weeks to go until my first hospital scan. Not having a great time of it now, got phlebitis on my leg (doc said its because I am pregnant), and I am feeling really nauseous, I was wretching so bad today, don't know how I didn't get sick!! Totally gone off veg too, tomatoes make me gag and I love them

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My sickness went completely last week, as did most of my symptoms, which sent me into blind panic and only for the scan I'd be thinking the worst. Well. Yesterday everything came back full force. I'm wearing seabands now. They are MAGIC. I'm never taking them off.

Lucyfur wrote: »
    My sickness went completely last week, as did most of my symptoms, which sent me into blind panic and only for the scan I'd be thinking the worst. Well. Yesterday everything came back full force. I'm wearing seabands now. They are MAGIC. I'm never taking them off.

I have seabands too. Maybe that's why I'm not ill? I was so worried about morning sickness in work, on public transport, in general, that have been doing everything I can find to tackle it. I have seabands, take epson salts bath, use magnesium spray, eat little and often and avoid foods that aren't appealing...

• Advertisement

I have seabands too. Maybe that's why I'm not ill? I was so worried about morning sickness in work, on public transport, in general, that have been doing everything I can find to tackle it. I have seabands, take epson salts bath, use magnesium spray, eat little and often and avoid foods that aren't appealing...

Oh.... I miss baths big time! I heard a myth that it shouldn't be too hot or only at a certain temp? And ladies... Where do I get the sea bands???

sinead81 wrote: »
    Oh.... I miss baths big time! I heard a myth that it shouldn't be too hot or only at a certain temp? And ladies... Where do I get the sea bands???

Me too but I love my baths! I think if you raise your body temperature for more then ten minutes (think sauna or steam room) it's dangerous. My research tells me unless your bath is full to the brim with very hot water, there is no risk. In fact some doctors advise baths for back ache etc.

I don't fill mine up so bits of me are still sticking out! The water is hot but not to the extent I'm roasting and in any even it cools (too quickly) I find. I think I'll be ok!

Sean band can be found in any chemist pretty much. I have bought them in boots and in a smaller independent chemist, in the travel section. You can get them on amazon but the prices ae nearly the same. They are about €10-€12 so defo worth a shot

Me too but I love my baths! I think if you raise your body temperature for more then ten minutes (think sauna or steam room) it's dangerous. My research tells me unless your bath is full to the brim with very hot water, there is no risk. In fact some doctors advise baths for back ache etc.

I don't fill mine up so bits of me are still sticking out! The water is hot but not to the extent I'm roasting and in any even it cools (too quickly) I find. I think I'll be ok!

Sometimes I laugh to myself that we are too cautious these days! You'd wonder do drug addicts or alcoholics care as much as we do :(

Sometimes I laugh to myself that we are too cautious these days! You'd wonder do drug addicts or alcoholics care as much as we do :(

Yeah I know, I reckon you could pick any food, drink or activity out of the air and you'd finding someone somewhere advising it's dangerous if you're pregnant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Yeah I know, I reckon you could pick any food, drink or activity out of the air and you'd finding someone somewhere advising it's dangerous if you're pregnant!

I know, I actually read something last week that said you're not supposed to have tinned goods as the tins are heated to a temperature that releases BPA and so are not safe in pregnancy.

xalot wrote: »
    I know, I actually read something last week that said you're not supposed to have tinned goods as the tins are heated to a temperature that releases BPA and so are not safe in pregnancy.

Oh for gods sake! Well that's me fooked haha

At the beginning of the pregnancy I was taking vitamin c along with the folic acid and a pharmacist told me vitamin c was dangerous for the foetus to develop. So of course I stopped and then at the back of my pregnacare supplement it says it includes vitamin c!!!! What?!?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Oh for gods sake! Well that's me fooked haha

At the beginning of the pregnancy I was taking vitamin c along with the folic acid and a pharmacist told me vitamin c was dangerous for the foetus to develop. So of course I stopped and then at the back of my pregnacare supplement it says it includes vitamin c!!!! What?!?

Pregnacare has Vit C in a dosage amount safe for pregnancy. Ordinary vitamins have a different dosage AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

The pharmacist maybe got Vit C and Vit A mixed up? Vit A is the one that is dangerous for pregnancy.

Wrap yourselves in cotton wool and don't leave the house for the next 7-8 months. It's the only solution. :-)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

The pharmacist maybe got Vit C and Vit A mixed up? Vit A is the one that is dangerous for pregnancy.

Actually you are right :o It's Vitamin A - that's why you avoid liver too (not that I needed an excuse for that)

I don't remember vitamin C being rationed. Just as well, my cravings were for all stuff high in Vitamin C.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 samiF

Hi, yes I had my scan on Tuesday in sims. It was amazing, baby looks tiny & like a little bean. Heard the heartbeat. I'm 8 weeks 1 day today. Went to register with the gp today, It was such a rush, they only gave me a 15 min appt & I was told to post my own letter to register with the hospital & buy a stamp. Won't get called till the hospita till I'm 16 weeks & won't get a scan till I'm 20 weeks!!! I've requested an early scan cos I'm so nervous due to Ivf & waiting 3.5 years for this baby but she said they might not scan me till 20 weeks still!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mindy76

We had our first scan yesterday. 7weeks 6 days according to the scan so that's two days ahead of my dates. All is looking good, good strong heartbeat too. Both delighted and relieved..

Do I need a full bladder?? Forgot to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mindy76

Do I need a full bladder?? Forgot to ask

Yes, not overly full though.

• Advertisement

Success! I'm actually well behind my EDD so it was changed to 29.11!! Could have ended up in December group and probably will actually go then :-)

Very prominent yoke sac and heartbeat. All good so I'm not too disappointed I've been put back 10 days!

Am I a bit safer now I know I have a heart beat??

Success! I'm actually well behind my EDD so it was changed to 29.11!! Could have ended up in December group and probably will actually go then :-)

Very prominent yoke sac and heartbeat. All good so I'm not too disappointed I've been put back 10 days!

Am I a bit safer now I know I have a heart beat??

Congratulations!!!! It's a great feeling seeing the heartbeat. And yes please god... It is defo a good sign. That's what I am telling myself too. So how many weeks are you pregnant?

Congratulations!!!! It's a great feeling seeing the heartbeat. And yes please god... It is defo a good sign. That's what I am telling myself too. So how many weeks are you pregnant?

I'm 6+ 5! My doc said 8 weeks but I have pcos and long cycles so I was convinced I was 7 weeks. So not too behind what I thought myself.

It does mean that I got 2-3 weeks on the clear blue at 10dpo!! And it's not twins so I don't know how that happened

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I'm 6+ 5! My doc said 8 weeks but I have pcos and long cycles so I was convinced I was 7 weeks. So not too behind what I thought myself.

It does mean that I got 2-3 weeks on the clear blue at 10dpo!! And it's not twins so I don't know how that happened

Congrats! The clearblue 2-3 weeks covers hCG from 200-2000, 3+ is hCG of 2000 and upwards, so the variation is HUGE! My hCG was nearly 6000 by the end of week 4 ....but all that matters is that the number doubles (some midwives say it doesn't even need to double, a rise of 60% every 48 hours is sufficient), the start number is all that matters. I thing anything over 25 from date of missed period is classed as pregnant :)

Ah well that's great, 6.5 weeks is great for it to pick up a heartbeat. I was 7 weeks when I went for mine and I'm 9 weeks now, time just flying in.

Yeah had a great heartbeat :-) I had an internal scan coz I didn't drink enough. Was very clear!

Yeah had a great heartbeat :-) I had an internal scan coz I didn't drink enough. Was very clear!

Where did you get it done as a matter of interest? I got mine in ultrasound in blackrock

Where did you get it done as a matter of interest? I got mine in ultrasound in blackrock

Blackrock as well. The doc was going to refer me to hospital for an early scan but I assumed that would be on a week day with a queue and I was to keep it on the quiet in work!

Blackrock as well. The doc was going to refer me to hospital for an early scan but I assumed that would be on a week day with a queue and I was to keep it on the quiet in work!

I think it's well worth going for the early scan, it gives you a huge peace of mind in the early first few weeks

• Advertisement

I think it's well worth going for the early scan, it gives you a huge peace of mind in the early first few weeks

Yeah, I got a great kick out of seeing it. Plus I think without needing a dating scan you would be waiting until 12+ weeks for a hospital scan? I don;t think I could wait!

Advertisement