Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

How long did it take you all to get a booking appointment in your respective hospitals? I dropped in my referral letter a week ago. I know it doesn't really matter because I won't be going in for ages, but at this point in time I;m very impatient!!

Edit and when are you telling people? Husband wants to keep it on the quiet until 12+ but I really want to tell my parents!! i figure if something goes wrong my parents will be told anyway, so why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Oh we told our parents on the 7th week, just after the scan!! And our best friends. On my 12 weeks it is my hen do!!!!!! Yes i know, sober :) So I am going to tell everyone else that weekend. I would try and keep it for a bit longer but I am then getting married 2 weeks later. It took me nearly 3 weeks to hear back from the Coombe and I had to call them because they wanted to scan me on the 14th week but because I am getting married, I begged for 12 weeks so it is happening the day before my hens :)

sinead81 wrote: »
    Oh we told our parents on the 7th week, just after the scan!! And our best friends. On my 12 weeks it is my hen do!!!!!! Yes i know, sober :) So I am going to tell everyone else that weekend. I would try and keep it for a bit longer but I am then getting married 2 weeks later. It took me nearly 3 weeks to hear back from the Coombe and I had to call them because they wanted to scan me on the 14th week but because I am getting married, I begged for 12 weeks so it is happening the day before my hens :)

Ah ok, so I probably won't hear for a few weeks. I'm going to tell my folks, I figure I'm not out of the woods but because I have a scan and heartbeat I'm ok. I know things can go still wrong, but I also know the blighted ovum risk is gone? Like it's not as if I still have the risk of no fetus because I saw him??

And anyway if (and thats a big if) something went wrong, wouldnt you want the support of your parents anyway. Thats how I looked at it anyway. You sound like me, i am convinced something is going to go wrong but my fiance is always giving out to me saying I should be more positive!!!

And anyway if (and thats a big if) something went wrong, wouldnt you want the support of your parents anyway. Thats how I looked at it anyway. You sound like me, i am convinced something is going to go wrong but my fiance is always giving out to me saying I should be more positive!!!

Nah I'm just trying to justify it to myself because my OH doesn't want to tell!! I'm much more positive than him to be honest, maybe because it's in belly and I feel like if something goes wrong I'll know. Like I'm not very ill, in pain, spotting or anything so I feel like it's all ticking over. That said, once 12 weeks comes and I get a scan post 12 I'll feel even better I'd say!!

Two of the OH friends had MC recently so he's up to 90 worrying. One was at 9 weeks. One sounds to me like it was a blughted ovum but I don't know the details. Any idea of the risk level after seeing the heartbeat ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Any idea of the risk level after seeing the heartbeat ?

I believe the risk dramatically decreases once the heartbeat is seen, around 2%. Saw this website but cant verify how legitimate it is http://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=08&d=10&y=12

xalot wrote: »
    I believe the risk dramatically decreases once the heartbeat is seen, around 2%. Saw this website but cant verify how legitimate it is http://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=08&d=10&y=12

Thanks. I've read a few different ones. As I said I reckon some of the risk is probably gone because a blighted ovum is now impossible (is that right??) but I don't know what % of MC they account for anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 samiF

How's everyone doing?? I'm 9 weeks 2 days today and the exhaustion in the evening is tough!!!

samiF wrote: »
    How's everyone doing?? I'm 9 weeks 2 days today and the exhaustion in the evening is tough!!!

I'm not having a good time of it :( I have a history of varicose veins but didn't realize it would affect me so badly with being pregnant. I developed phlebitis on my leg over 2 weeks ago and it was getting worse and on Tuesday after I had a leg scan they found a DVT on my leg so I rushed to a&e. 9 hours on a plastic chair waiting to be seen in James's!! Horrible! Coombe wouldn't take me coz it's a medical problem and not a pregnancy problem?!? So I was kept it over night and discharged the following day. I am on heperin for the next 3 months and have to inject it into me every day! And then I have the general exhaustion and nauseous so it's all fun and games. Not even 10 weeks yet! But I have to keep reminding myself that I am blessed to have fallen pregnant and this is all meant to be and it will be worth it in the end. I had to tell my boss and she's been great thank god.

I'm not having a good time of it :( I have a history of varicose veins but didn't realize it would affect me so badly with being pregnant. I developed phlebitis on my leg over 2 weeks ago and it was getting worse and on Tuesday after I had a leg scan they found a DVT on my leg so I rushed to a&e. 9 hours on a plastic chair waiting to be seen in James's!!

You poor chicken. I hope you're having a good rest and have lots of people to help you. That sounds absolutely awful but I suppose at least you caught it and are being treated.

9 hours to be seen for DVT while pregnant- god I hate our health care system. You could go in with your head hanging off and you still wouldn't be an emergency

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 samiF

I'm not having a good time of it :( I have a history of varicose veins but didn't realize it would affect me so badly with being pregnant. I developed phlebitis on my leg over 2 weeks ago and it was getting worse and on Tuesday after I had a leg scan they found a DVT on my leg so I rushed to a&e. 9 hours on a plastic chair waiting to be seen in James's!! Horrible! Coombe wouldn't take me coz it's a medical problem and not a pregnancy problem?!? So I was kept it over night and discharged the following day. I am on heperin for the next 3 months and have to inject it into me every day! And then I have the general exhaustion and nauseous so it's all fun and games. Not even 10 weeks yet! But I have to keep reminding myself that I am blessed to have fallen pregnant and this is all meant to be and it will be worth it in the end. I had to tell my boss and she's been great thank god.
    Omg that's terrible, u poor thing. I hope u start to feel a bit better soon. Xx

At this stage I can't wait to get to my first apt with the Coombe on the 28th to check if everything is ok. I'm probably going to be classed as high risk for the pregnancy and if I am kept on the heperin for the whole pregnancy (which I probably will because of my history) then I won't be able to get an epidural but I'll take that as long as the baby is ok and all is good!! Will be honest girls... It's quite scary when your body is being taken over by something the size of a blueberry right now ;)

... then I won't be able to get an epidural but I'll take that as long as the baby is ok and all is good!!

You won't get an epidural but you'll deserve a bloody medal!! You'll get through it. It sucks but you'll do it and it'll be worth it. x

Beanybabog wrote: »
    You won't get an epidural but you'll deserve a bloody medal!! You'll get through it. It sucks but you'll do it and it'll be worth it. x

Lol thanks! Well I swear I have warned my fiancé that when this baby is here he is going to be putting in the hours which I know he will obviously but being pregnant really highlights what us women have to go through! Jeeeez we all deserve medals for what we go through :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Oh god, can you not have an epidural if you're on heparin?

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Oh god, can you not have an epidural if you're on heparin?

No because heperin is a blood thinner and it can cause spinal problems if an epidural is administered :(

So I am hoping for a quick and painless birth haha not too much to ask eh?!?

No because heperin is a blood thinner and it can cause spinal problems if an epidural is administered :(

So I am hoping for a quick and painless birth haha not too much to ask eh?!?

Oh man....I did not know the bit about no epidural!! My doc is gonna try to have me off it at 36 weeks but I'll probably be on asprin til the end.

Yes. Quick and painless would be nice!! I would hope to not have an epidural but when the option is taken away it's a bit scary!

Oh man....I did not know the bit about no epidural!! My doc is gonna try to have me off it at 36 weeks but I'll probably be on asprin til the end.

Yes. Quick and painless would be nice!! I would hope to not have an epidural but when the option is taken away it's a bit scary!

Are you on heperin too?? Do you have a history or clots/varicose veins?

Are you on heperin too?? Do you have a history or clots/varicose veins?

This is an ivf pregnancy so I've been on it since the day of transfer. I've a thrombophillia disorder and a problem with protein c. No history of clots or veins at all but both issues would've been factors in previous miscarriages. 11+2 today and can't believe I'm this far! Very grateful for every day I'm still pregnant :)

How are you finding the injections?

This is an ivf pregnancy so I've been on it since the day of transfer. I've a thrombophillia disorder and a problem with protein c. No history of clots or veins at all but both issues would've been factors in previous miscarriages. 11+2 today and can't believe I'm this far! Very grateful for every day I'm still pregnant :)

How are you finding the injections?

Awh well firstly congratulations! I'm 10 weeks today actually. today will be day 5 of the injections and I still can't do it :( my fiancé has been fantastic and is doing them on me but I am going to have to be a big girl soon and do it myself. I have a feeling I will be on it for the whole of the pregnancy. Are you ok doing them on yourself? Expensive too eh?!?

• Advertisement

Awh well firstly congratulations! I'm 10 weeks today actually. today will be day 5 of the injections and I still can't do it :( my fiancé has been fantastic and is doing them on me but I am going to have to be a big girl soon and do it myself. I have a feeling I will be on it for the whole of the pregnancy. Are you ok doing them on yourself? Expensive too eh?!?

You poor thing :( im grand doing them. My mum is a type 1 diabetic so we grew up watching her inject as normal life. I've no fear at all! Himself is on a horseload of drugs for heart disease so we're already at the €144 every month for the drugs payment scheme!

You poor thing :( im grand doing them. My mum is a type 1 diabetic so we grew up watching her inject as normal life. I've no fear at all! Himself is on a horseload of drugs for heart disease so we're already at the €144 every month for the drugs payment scheme!

Yes thank god for the drug payment scheme! Have you been told when you will come off the heperin?

Yes thank god for the drug payment scheme! Have you been told when you will come off the heperin?

My gynae said hopefully at 36 weeks. I've antenatal on Tuesday so I might know more then. There was talk of switching to asprin. We'll see! I'm very crampy today so I just hope nothing is wrong :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Take a look at gentle birth, at 20 weeks on my last pregnancy I was going to ask for a section. Heard about gentle birth, listened to the tracks and had a fantastic labour and drug free birth. It was amazing. Might help take the fear out especially as you can't have an epi.

pc7 wrote: »
    Take a look at gentle birth, at 20 weeks on my last pregnancy I was going to ask for a section. Heard about gentle birth, listened to the tracks and had a fantastic labour and drug free birth. It was amazing. Might help take the fear out especially as you can't have an epi.

I really like the thoughts of hypnobirthing actually. I wish you could have a water birth here. I love the thoughts of being in water

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I really like the thoughts of hypnobirthing actually. I wish you could have a water birth here. I love the thoughts of being in water

Well I'm a convert, I was honestly terrified of giving birth before I found it. It went like a dream, surreal, welcoming every contraction as it brought me nearer baby rather than fearing it, the minds a powerful thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

If you're on Facebook you should join the GentleBirth Mums group there - loads of really positive birthing stories. :)

My gynae said hopefully at 36 weeks. I've antenatal on Tuesday so I might know more then. There was talk of switching to asprin. We'll see! I'm very crampy today so I just hope nothing is wrong :(

Oh that would be great, hope I get similar advice! I didn't think aspirin was good to take though so that's interesting.

pc7 wrote: »

I like the sound of this!!!!!! My public health nurse who was out with me the other day showing me how to do the injections was telling me about this and I like the sound of it. Where did you get the tracks from? Thanks!!!

• Advertisement

http://www.gentlebirth.ie They have a new app haven't tried it yet

Advertisement