Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I used some of the gentle birth tracks during my last pregnancy for insomnia and found it quite good but couldn't get into the mind frame for it during labour, the tracks were just annoying me. I'd imagine doing a course would be great though. As for the epidural, I'd say try not to think too much about it now until you know for sure it won't be an option. You may not want it or need it on the day. There's also tens, gas and air and pethedine as well. I've had two inductions without but obviously I know it's easy for me to say that as I knew it was an option for me if I needed it. Good luck ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Scan no 8 done. Everything spot on. Absolutely over the moon. Never thought I'd get to the 12 week mark :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Scan no 8 done. Everything spot on. Absolutely over the moon. Never thought I'd get to the 12 week mark :)

Well done you!!!! Did you have 8 scans!? I'm only 8 weeks today. Longest 8 weeks of my life and I didn't even know for the first three.

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Well done you!!!! Did you have 8 scans!? I'm only 8 weeks today. Longest 8 weeks of my life and I didn't even know for the first three.

Thanks! Yup. 2 with the fertility clinc. 4 while in hospital a few weeks ago. 1 two weeks ago in the EPU and one today. Not back now for a month. My pregnancy started as twins so that along with the blood disorder, the ivf and the hypothyroidism means this poor baby gets no privacy :D

Thanks! Yup. 2 with the fertility clinc. 4 while in hospital a few weeks ago. 1 two weeks ago in the EPU and one today. Not back now for a month. My pregnancy started as twins so that along with the blood disorder, the ivf and the hypothyroidism means this poor baby gets no privacy :D

You poor chicken but sure look where you are, you've thrown yourself over the 12 week line! Hope it's all plain sailing for you now.

• Advertisement

Thank you! On cloud 9 right now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Ah so delighted for you Lucyfur!!! My first hospital apt and scan is next thursday and I am LIVING for it!!!!!!!! Especially with having this DVT and all the lovely side effects. I had chest tightness over the weekend and got myself into a right state and went to the docs yesterday expecting her to admit me to a&e (again!!) but she said everything is fine, its anxiety. I am just up the walls with worry, so I am just living for the scan now for the reassurance. Plenty of deep breathing yesterday and today, did 10 mins of the mindfulness app this morning to really clear my brain :)

sinead81 wrote: »
    Ah so delighted for you Lucyfur!!! My first hospital apt and scan is next thursday and I am LIVING for it!!!!!!!! Especially with having this DVT and all the lovely side effects. I had chest tightness over the weekend and got myself into a right state and went to the docs yesterday expecting her to admit me to a&e (again!!) but she said everything is fine, its anxiety. I am just up the walls with worry, so I am just living for the scan now for the reassurance. Plenty of deep breathing yesterday and today, did 10 mins of the mindfulness app this morning to really clear my brain :)

Thanks :D You poor sausage, it's so hard to relax. There's some great sleep meditations on youtube too, Jason Stephenson ones seem to help me sleep. Thursday will be here before you know it :) Oh and I'm on the heparin for another 4 weeks at least so not coming off it at 14 weeks like I thought

Thanks :D You poor sausage, it's so hard to relax. There's some great sleep meditations on youtube too, Jason Stephenson ones seem to help me sleep. Thursday will be here before you know it :) Oh and I'm on the heparin for another 4 weeks at least so not coming off it at 14 weeks like I thought

Oh no that's a shame although like you said you don't mind doing them. I am dreading the day I have to inject myself, my fiancé is still doing them for me! Will check out Jason Stephenson thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Joining in on this thread. Due early November. One scan done.

I've read the October and November thread and I defo like this one better :D (Although due early November according to my cycle, the scan showed slightly older fetus, so it could be couple of days earlier!)

Really lovely to hear others' experiences and wonderful for those mums who've been trying so long and on IVF. Huge congratulations!

We'd a miscarriage last year and I was really on tenterhooks for the first few weeks of this one. The positive thing was that I felt quite tired very early on compared to the first time. I honestly thought I was so lucky having no pregnancy symptoms the last time other than slightly tender breasts! Then we lost it after 7th week, it was very disappointing.
    This time around after 6th week already started to feel quite exhausted by the end of the day and started taking evening naps after work for a couple of weeks. Also as others mentioned boobs unbelievably sore! Like they were being pumped up from the inside and were gonna burst. Made sleeping quite difficult cos I also like to sleep on my stomach, but even on my back the skin felt like it was really pulling at me. After 7th week started feeling a bit of nausea, nothing major, just aversion to smells and foods. As others have mentioned completely turned off chocolate and coffee. Kind of a relief TBH as I thought I'd really miss indulging in my teas and coffees, but I really don't now.

Other symptoms have been bloatedness, MIL said she thought it looks like I've a bump, but I know it's not quite that big yet, it's just all bloated for some reason. Being picky with the jeans that I wear so as to be comfortable. Also digestion has slowed down, so I can physically only actually eat small amounts and drink in sips. I'm burping all the time too as all food repeats on me, it feels like it's choking me and sitting high up in my throat. Can't wait for that to alleviate as I feel quite gross at work. My lower back's been very achy too to the point it was difficult to walk sometimes. Other than that, the energy started coming back a little last week, so that's quite nice. I'm keeping up with some exercise at the moment and it does make me feel a little better for a few hours after as well as help relieve my back.

We decided to have a private scan, so we paid to have one last week after week 11. It was twirling around quite a bit, but it was amazing to see a head with a nose, and a hand and we also heard the heartbeat. It was really emotional and such a relief.

We're just waiting to get the first HSE appointment for the scan and bloods, and hopefully it's still all going well. We're going with the midwife led care in the public hospital. Not entirely sure yet what that will mean, but all the info sounds positive. Will have a look into the gentle birthing as it keeps coming up on different forums.

...and congrats to everyone here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Was Originally in the October thread, but nurse said early November more likely.

Huge difference in amount of comments in here Vs October thread?

Thinking of moving to the spare bed for a couple of weeks to let her sleep better, she is constantly turning and waking up, im getting the blame for it, more room to 'maneuver the sheets' could be needed.

Good idea. I slept in the spare bed last night because himself smelled like beer! I'm really keen on upgrading as we only have a double and it's uncomfortable

We've a wobbly mattress and if I get up in the night for the loo the whole bed shakes. I used to be able to roll out carefully by engaging quite a bit of core muscles to get up slowly, but that's gonna get more difficult, so we'll see how the sleeping arrangements go... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Thank you! On cloud 9 right now :D

Lucyfur I am sooooo delighted for you darling xxx

stickybean wrote: »
    Lucyfur I am sooooo delighted for you darling xxx

Thank you thank you :D

Is anyone else coughing/ gagging? I felt until i stood up after dinner and started coughing, like a gag, not as bad as a dry heave really though because if I was going to vomit I just ate so I would have. I think it's the saliva. It's kinda horrible. It only happens a little bit to me and any nausea I had seems to be gone for the most part... So I don't nderstand why this is happning more now

Funny you should say that but yes I am the same. Feeling so queasy and then its like I dont feel sick enough to wretch so I have started this odd cough?!?!? Horrible taste in my mouth, but its not heartburn. Very odd!

I started a horrible accumulation of saliva in my mouth today. I only used to get that right before I got sick, but I don't feel bad enough to be sick, just keep spitting out excess when I'm home. Kinda horrible alright.
    Took to eating mashed potatoes yesterday, seems to soak up the stomach acids, anything else repeats a whole lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 samiF

Oh girls... I'm feeling rotten!!! Full of a cold .. Blocked & runny nose, sore throat and exhausted!!!! I'm 10 weeks & 2 days today and I'm finding it tough with this bloody cold too. I suffer with bad sinuses so I'm praying it doesn't develop only had it a few weeks ago x

Got another scan planned next fri - can't wait x

Still have the gagging thing, on and off today. I'm wrecked and I cried (can't remember why - was only 2 hours ago but I was very upset!). I know I'm no where near as bad as many but I'm struggling to find anything good at this stage of the pregnancy.

• Advertisement

Gatica wrote: »
    I started a horrible accumulation of saliva in my mouth today. I only used to get that right before I got sick, but I don't feel bad enough to be sick, just keep spitting out excess when I'm home. Kinda horrible alright.
    Took to eating mashed potatoes yesterday, seems to soak up the stomach acids, anything else repeats a whole lot more.

If you can brush your teeth when it starts it really help. My chemist suggested it and if I leaned forward over the sink (which stopped my from gagging) it seemed to reduce the amount of salvia for quite a bit. Or if you use a mild mouth wash

I'm feeling a good bit better now. It comes and goes. I'm still really looking forward to trimester 2!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Got my Harmony results today, thankfully everything ok. Mad to know gender this early (wont reveal till I tell hubby tonight!).

For anyone getting it done, I had my blood drawn on Tuesday and got my results today (Monday) so it's a faster turnaround then I would have thought.

xalot wrote: »
    Got my Harmony results today, thankfully everything ok. Mad to know gender this early (wont reveal till I tell hubby tonight!).

For anyone getting it done, I had my blood drawn on Tuesday and got my results today (Monday) so it's a faster turnaround then I would have thought.

That's great, I was quoted 2 weeks for results but haven't done it yet.

What are Harmony tests?

Still waiting for letter from the HSE for scan appointment, getting antsy as I'm 12.5 weeks now and I'm away next week. :confused: Really want to get the proper hospital scan with gestation measurement and bloods just to confirm again everything is going well.

Gatica wrote: »
    What are Harmony tests?

Still waiting for letter from the HSE for scan appointment, getting antsy as I'm 12.5 weeks now and I'm away next week. :confused: Really want to get the proper hospital scan with gestation measurement and bloods just to confirm again everything is going well.

Wow that's a long time to be waiting, I wouldn't have the patience.
    The Harmony test is a blood test that is taken from 10 weeks plus and gives astrong indication of whether the fetus is at high or low risk of having trisomy 21 (Down syndrome), trisomy 18 (Edwards syndrome) or trisomy 13 (Patau syndrome). it's more more accurate than the Nunchal scan.

It's also capable of determining gender!

Thanks for the info. I was under the impression all those tests are invasive and carry a miscarriage risk, so didn't want to risk it since had miscarriage before.

Has anyone actually had their HSE appointment yet?

Gatica, this one isn't that's why a lot of people opt for it. Only problem is you have to pay.

xalot wrote: »

Where did you get it done xalot? And could I ask the price please? We have been looking around

• Advertisement

stickybean wrote: »
    Where did you get it done xalot? And could I ask the price please? We have been looking around

I'm private in the Coombe so my consultant only charged me what the lab charges (€380 - I paid them directly). I believe to get it done anywhere else is €450+. I noticed when I was in my GP's that they have a booklet for it, so it might be worth asking your GP how much they charge, if you're doing combined care you might get away with just the lab fee.

Advertisement