Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

I am with Holles Street, I must check there and see if they have the price. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

stickybean wrote: »
    I am with Holles Street, I must check there and see if they have the price. Thank you

I am with Holles street and going to Merrion Fetal which is attached to them and the price is €550. I think the €380 deal is because the other poster is private already? I am public and 550 is my price

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bluepants

I also got the harmony test done, results back within a week instead of 10 working days so quite fast. We went to the RCSI clinic, it's attached to the rotunda, cost 450. Was v nervous getting it done but results all good, saw the lil heart beating, and we know the sex already, it's crazy!!
    First hosp appointment with Holles st on thur, fingers crossed all will be good.
    Hope everyone is feeling ok :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Beanybabog wrote: »
    I am with Holles street and going to Merrion Fetal which is attached to them and the price is €550. I think the €380 deal is because the other poster is private already? I am public and 550 is my price

I'm being charged 550 next week with them and I'm private, must query it with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

There's a place in Galway that does it, had a look and it's been reduced to 455 recently from 650.

• Advertisement

Has any registered for their antenatal classes yet or had first appointment?

I enquired at the hospital today and turned out they didn't have me on the system at all :mad: had to get GP to resend my referral. I only got the mother and infant care scheme letter in the post, but turns out that's separate from the hospital! So glad I checked, could've been waiting for weeks without being on anyone's radar. :eek:

Looked online for my hospital's classes and everything is booked out, there's only couple of slots very close to due date :( worried now how much more have I missed out on because of how late my registration is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Hi all, well had my first apt with the Coombe last thursday, they changed my due date so I thought I was 11 weeks and 5 days but I was actually 12 weeks and 2 days so an earlier due date of the 8th November. I am going public but because of my pregnancy DVT I am being referred to the medical team so I will be seen by a consultant each time I go in. I gave blood and a urine sample and was then sent up for a scan. The scan showed the little heartbeat and the legs kicking away so all good so far!! Big scan at the end of June!

I am going to see the consultant next Wed for our first meeting and they will tell me what their plan is for me. I don't think I can go overdue and I cant get an epidural, I know that anyway!

I am starting to have a little hard pouch in the belly and jeans are bit snug when I do the button up and I have really bad nauseous/wretching. Ugh its so bad but as the doc says, its a good sign because it shows that the baby is ok!

Anyone else been for their first hospital apts? Feels real now!

sinead81 wrote: »
    Hi all, well had my first apt with the Coombe last thursday, they changed my due date so I thought I was 11 weeks and 5 days but I was actually 12 weeks and 2 days so an earlier due date of the 8th November.
    I am starting to have a little hard pouch in the belly and jeans are bit snug when I do the button up and I have really bad nauseous/wretching. Ugh its so bad but as the doc says, its a good sign because it shows that the baby is ok!

Anyone else been for their first hospital apts? Feels real now!

Mine is tomorrow eek!!!! Bricking it. What are the chances of a missed miscarriage??? I already had a scan at nearly 7 weeks and had a hearbeat, no bleeding or anything, mild pregnancy symptoms but nothing major. I'm nervous :(

I'm not ill at all and hoping that's ok, bit of mind gagging is all. I have been tired but seem to manage to catch up at the weekend.

I'm getting a pouch too. I'm only 10 weeks but I look about 4/5 months pregnant some days :mad: Mainly bloating I think but I won't keep it under wraps in work for too long

I think the chances are slim if you saw a heartbeat at 7 weeks and then you haven't had any bleeding etc. Pregnancy is a stressful game isn't it!!!! You are so lucky to have mild symptoms, the nauseous and wretching is so bad. Everytime I wretch I think to myself, ok baby I hear you, I know you are there :)

14 weeks, still waiting for hospital appointment.
    Feeling just as crappy still, so guess starting into second trimester isn't easing anything for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Gatica wrote: »
    Feeling just as crappy still, so guess starting into second trimester isn't easing anything for me :(

Urgh, I'm 15 weeks and still feeling pretty crappy, Gatica! Hopefully that second trimester spring in the step isn't too far away for either of us. Can't believe you are still waiting for a hospital appointment. Have you chased it up?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Have you checked your details haven't been lost?

I would chase up with the hospital, that is really bad form on their part if they are waiting this long to even contact you with an apt letter!!! I am 13.5 weeks and the nauseous is so so bad, hoping it passes soon :(

When are you all telling work? I'm 11 weeks but starting to show! Just look a bit fat to be fair but if this keeps up I certainly won't hide it much longer. I'm bricking it telling work tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bluepants

Me too, I'm so scared to tell work, can't imagine they'll be happy at all. I'm 14 wks now, will try hold off for another 2 wks If I can, but they may have noticed by now for all I know, iv packed on a good few pounds in the last 2/3 wks, it's getting harder to hide it.

Same. I don't understand these books that tell me I won't show until X weeks- I'm 11 and obviously packing on weight!

Roesy wrote: »
    Can't believe you are still waiting for a hospital appointment. Have you chased it up?
    pc7 wrote: »
    Have you checked your details haven't been lost?

Indeed that was the case. I called then and they said they didn't have any info for me on file and that the GP should've sent it in. I mentioned getting the Mother and Infant care scheme letter and they said that's separate from the hospital referral (we're going public). Called the GP and they were sure they sent everything. I think things may have got muddled because I called GP couple of days after seeing her and asked for a referral to get an early pregnancy scan that we paid for ourselves as I'd a miscarriage before and just wanted a scan for peace of mind. I would assume that should be a separate referral, not the same as the public care one. In any case, they said they'd fax it to the hospital again. I gave it a week and rang again this morning and to my relief they confirmed an appointment for tomorrow! I still haven't received the appointment letter, but at least I know it's happening now. I'm close to being 15 weeks now :rolleyes:

How long did your first appointment take? Do they do a scan at this? and did your partner come to it? I think my OH would love to be there for the scan, but obviously no point wasting 3 hours if it's just consultation and blood tests.

Roesy wrote: »
    Urgh, I'm 15 weeks and still feeling pretty crappy, Gatica! Hopefully that second trimester spring in the step isn't too far away for either of us.

Well, I talked to my mum about the different symptoms and she pretty much nodded to everything and said she had the exact same with all her pregnancies. It's annoying because I enjoy most foods while I'm eating it, but soon as I stop or drink something it starts repeating on me and I feel more nauseous from that. She said she'd the same with constant eating helping avert nausea, and it lasted til 6 months... :eek: Agh! Worrying that I may have taken after her and that and it might stick around til then unfortunately.

Found my bellybutton starting to puff up if I push into the stomach muscles. Kinda freaky...

Take a look at gentle birth, at 20 weeks on my last pregnancy I was going to ask for a section. Heard about gentle birth, listened to the tracks and had a fantastic labour and drug free birth. It was amazing. Might help take the fear out especially as you can't have an epi.

Just wondering where you got the Gentle Birth soundtracks? I looked at their website and could only find the classes over $300.. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Agiibagii

Hi all,
    14 weeks and 6 days today, my due date is the 3rd of November, it was pushed from 31St October as I have veeeeeery bad PCOS. I didn't realised I was pregnant until 6th week. I just thought I was sick or something must I add this is my first pregnancy ha I have been dying of nausea since probably like week 4 and only this week is slowly going away, I can't suddenly eat meat or fish, even thought of it turns my stomach and its smells and taste horrible. A vegetarian basically nowadays ha
    I have very bad psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis and it has gone super bad in last few weeks. I have massive arthritis flare up, all joints stiff and sore, in pain 24/7.
    Had our first scan on 20th April, was told everything is great, healthy baby!
    Can't wait to find out sex in June! :)

• Advertisement

Just wondering where you got the Gentle Birth soundtracks? I looked at their website and could only find the classes over $300.. :-/
    My friend had the discs, they have a new app and I think you can pay by track, maybe even check adverts for a second hand set?

Agiibagii wrote: »
    Hi all,
    14 weeks and 6 days today, my due date is the 3rd of November, it was pushed from 31St October as I have veeeeeery bad PCOS. I didn't realised I was pregnant until 6th week. I just thought I was sick or something must I add this is my first pregnancy ha I have been dying of nausea since probably like week 4 and only this week is slowly going away, I can't suddenly eat meat or fish, even thought of it turns my stomach and its smells and taste horrible. A vegetarian basically nowadays ha
    I have very bad psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis and it has gone super bad in last few weeks. I have massive arthritis flare up, all joints stiff and sore, in pain 24/7.
    Had our first scan on 20th April, was told everything is great, healthy baby!
    Can't wait to find out sex in June! :)

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum/thread...
    Funny, I'm actually the opposite, due date 3 November but dating scan showed up 3 days older. They haven't changed my EDD though since it's less than 1 week difference.
    My friend had the discs, they have a new app and I think you can pay by track, maybe even check adverts for a second hand set?

Unfortunately, they want a monthly subscription for about €12 now and the info on it didn't say whether you'd get to keep any of the tracks once you unsubscribe. At least with CDs, you'd always have them!
    Thanks for the suggestion, I have checked and there's a few for sale there. Might try get one there...

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum/thread...
    Funny, I'm actually the opposite, due date 3 November but dating scan showed up 3 days older. They haven't changed my EDD though since it's less than 1 week difference.

Unfortunately, they want a monthly subscription for about €12 now and the info on it didn't say whether you'd get to keep any of the tracks once you unsubscribe. At least with CDs, you'd always have them!
    Thanks for the suggestion, I have checked and there's a few for sale there. Might try get one there...

I have the tracks on my phone so cant even share them with you sorry

No worries, thanks. Just don't like that you mightn't be able to keep tracks after paying for subscription, which at least with CDs you can and also sell on after or give to a friend.

Finally had our booking appointment last week. Called them to find out my registration got through to find out had appointment next day (letter still never arrived, thank goodness I called). Took about 1.5hrs. Quick medical history check, consent for GTT and bloods, bloods taken, quick portable scanner scan - still right size and all, which is great... and an info pack.
    Unfortunately cos it was all done so late they didn't bother booking me for a scan, just the next 20 week one :mad: (didn't wanna lie about getting an early scan, though we paid for that ourselves. The hospital really doesn't wanna spend any extra money on doing their own scans, darn it!). The midwife's clinic letter arrived within a couple of days though! Appointment for 18 weeks.

Harmony test done this morning, now just gotta relax while waiting for results. Actually, really looking forward to knowing the baby's gender!

Found the GentleBirth CDs for sale, but no book... :( If anyone sees the book for sale anywhere would be grateful to hear bout it! :)

Unfortunately cos it was all done so late they didn't bother booking me for a scan, just the next 20 week one :mad: (didn't wanna lie about getting an early scan, though we paid for that ourselves. The hospital really doesn't wanna spend any extra money on doing their own scans, darn it!). The midwife's clinic letter arrived within a couple of days though! Appointment for 18 weeks.

I only got a quick scan too - I don't think they do a proper one at 12 weeks? It could be worse, I was reading old posts on internet from a few years ago where apparently Holles Street were so busy no one was getting any scan until 20 weeks!

Yes, I do think it used to be much worse. I imagine most parents are probably most excited about getting a scan with a printout to keep. I was assured by GP that there were scans between week 12-14. There's not exactly much to see before that, so I was looking forward to it. I was told before appointment that they usually book scan appointment at booking appointment. However, since mine was so late I guess they figured just the one in another 5 weeks is no big deal, plus I already had an early one (paid by us, thank you very much).

Harmony test done this morning, now just gotta relax while waiting for results. Actually, really looking forward to knowing the baby's gender!

Got result yesterday. Everything came back low risk, which was a great relief to us. We also found out that we're having a girl, which is so exciting!
    And have finally started on the GentleBirth CDs. Very relaxing, fell asleep listening to it on the second day... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Congrats Gatica, it's another boy for us. To be honest we were really hoping for a girl and I was a bit worried that my disappointment would stick but had a really detailed scan yesterday and am now so excited to meet my little dude.

Cant wait for a proper bump to appear so that I dont just look porky anymore.

Has anyone felt any movements yet? I've noticed a kind of rolling feeling for the last week, could feel him moving as I was watching him on the scan yesterday, was lovely.

• Advertisement

xalot wrote: »
    Has anyone felt any movements yet? I've noticed a kind of rolling feeling for the last week, could feel him moving as I was watching him on the scan yesterday, was lovely.

No. i thought I felt a little tapping one day but couldn't be sure. I'm 13+3 on my first so probably too early

Advertisement