Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Gatica, where did you get the gentle birth cds? :)

I'm feeling bits of movement. I'll be 17 weeks on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Lucyfur wrote: »

weirdly enough it was off their own gentlebirth.ie or .com website. It's not for sale directly if you go to the site. However, I was reading an article on their website (didn't save the link to it :( ) about how great the programme is and it had a buy it now option at the bottom which allowed me to pay for it. I just clicked on it and paid on the off chance they still had some in stock and got it delivered couple of days later. They did send a sales confirmation but logging into my account with them the order wasn't in my order history at all! Maybe they don't promote it anymore but still have some old stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I'm feeling bits of movement. I'll be 17 weeks on Thursday

Is this your first? When did it start!? I really want some movement as at the moment I don't feel pregnant, I am not ill, I'm not as tired, my belly feels normal.... only when I look down and see my giant gut do I think I must be!!

I've had some odd movement kind of feelings but I don't think it was the baba... :( probably one of a number of pregnancy symptoms (air/gas, agh :mad:) or the fibroid, which has grown to apple-size now and can be uncomfortable depending on when it moves to.
    Feeling stretching in my abdomen quite frequently, which is unpleasant.

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Is this your first? When did it start!? I really want some movement as at the moment I don't feel pregnant, I am not ill, I'm not as tired, my belly feels normal.... only when I look down and see my giant gut do I think I must be!!

No its my second :) I'm feeling bits of movement since 13 ish weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi everyone.. due November 2nd. Had 20 week scan.. it's AMAZING. Just wondering of anyone has found out the sex of their baby and what symptoms you all had..? A lot ppl telling me if sick etc it's a girl n if not it's a boy? Obviously it's all talk but was just curious..

First movements a couple of nights ago at 19 weeks. Had the m/w appointment and she said I should be expecting 10 per day, but I'm barely getting any movement feelings as it is. Anyone else finding it tough to count these?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Gatica wrote: »
    First movements a couple of nights ago at 19 weeks. Had the m/w appointment and she said I should be expecting 10 per day, but I'm barely getting any movement feelings as it is. Anyone else finding it tough to count these?

Hi I don't think you count 10 per day until at least 24 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

That's odd Gatica, I'm on my third but with each pregnancy I've been told to count from 24 weeks. Some people don't start feeling anything until 20-22 weeks.

phew.. thank goodness. Didn't make sense to me either tbh, as I only just about felt kicks in the middle of the night when relaxed. Can't really feel anything during the day standing/sitting.
    Just another one of those things that m/w's can get wrong and then get women worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

Girls should have left ages ago but wasn't really online as took some time out! Wasn't meant to be, Miscarried at 7 weeks! Enjoy the excitement and rest of pregnancy! Good luck x

Oh no! :( very sorry to hear that.
    Hope you recover from this soon and go on to have a positive pregnancy next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

So sorry for your loss Zizigirl, I hope you're taking care of yourself and are doing ok.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

So sorry to read that zizigirl

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pricklefingers

So sorry for your loss Zizigirl, take care of yourself 😘 x

Going for a 20 week scan today. Hopefully all measurements come back good, feeling a little apprehensive and a little excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Good luck Gatica! I'm 21 weeks and going for mine this afternoon. The detail they go into in the anomaly scan is amazing.

Good luck ladies :) had mine on monday and everything is well thankfully :D

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

phew.. thank goodness. Didn't make sense to me either tbh, as I only just about felt kicks in the middle of the night when relaxed. Can't really feel anything during the day standing/sitting.
    Just another one of those things that m/w's can get wrong and then get women worrying.

When you are moving about during the day it rocks your baby to sleep, and they'll sleep more, and then they are wide awake and kicking you at night when you are relaxed. :)

Had a lovely scan last Friday. All measurements came back average size, which is good. Saw the heart/valves and aorta, all the different organs and head, and confirmed it's a girl. Got lovely shots of her face and profile, the grandparents were over the moon with those.

• Advertisement

Was in A&E early this morning after worrying about some womb tightness and reduction in fetal movement.

I'd been getting really good movement when relaxing in the evening for bedtime over the last few days, but yesterday just barely got 1 or 2. Then woke up this morning 4.30am, not feeling movement and with a really solid womb. Decided to get a glass of cold water and some cereal and a bit of dark chocolate, but nothing. No change for about an hour, so decided to wake up my OH to go get it checked out at A&E. Just as I was lying down there for the doppler it started to relax :o so was hard to explain the tightness to the midwife and doctor. They checked the heartbeat and everything else was fine too, so they said it was either Braxton Hicks or just stretching/growing pains (though I'd no pain, so I don't really get it).

Just wondering if anyone else has had this very weird symptom. I looked up Braxton Hicks but that's supposed to only last seconds/minutes whereas mine was over an hour, and it felt like I'd sucked in my stomach and was holding it in, except that it was the womb doing it itself. I poked it around and it was like a football inside, my stomach looked flatter on the outside rather than bulging out like normal when it's relaxed. There was no pain or anything else weird.

^^ moved to a separate thread.

Anyone know when I go for 20 week scan in holles street? Is it same outpatients clinic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Anyone know when I go for 20 week scan in holles street? Is it same outpatients clinic?

No I think it's the second floor ... but sure just ask in reception on the way in. Don't bother waiting for the lifts though, they take forever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Hi girls

late to the party but I thought I'd join in if that's ok! I'm due with my 2nd on the 18th Nov. My little fella will be 2 years on the 3rd November so Novembers will be busy for birthdays in our house!

I'll be 22 weeks tomorrow, we had our anomaly scan yesterday evening at the Coombe and thankfully all is well. We didn't find out what we're having although it was sooooo tempting!

Someone earlier was asking about the kicks - this used to freak me out on my first cos I never ever got 10 kicks day! I found out then that I had an anterior placenta (at the front of my belly) which padded a lot of the kicks. Turns out it's the same this time around too although this baby does feel more active than my first did, at least as far as I can remember!

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you and hope everyone is keeping well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

genie_us wrote: »
    Hi girls

late to the party but I thought I'd join in if that's ok! I'm due with my 2nd on the 18th Nov. My little fella will be 2 years on the 3rd November so Novembers will be busy for birthdays in our house!

I'll be 22 weeks tomorrow, we had our anomaly scan yesterday evening at the Coombe and thankfully all is well. We didn't find out what we're having although it was sooooo tempting!

Someone earlier was asking about the kicks - this used to freak me out on my first cos I never ever got 10 kicks day! I found out then that I had an anterior placenta (at the front of my belly) which padded a lot of the kicks. Turns out it's the same this time around too although this baby does feel more active than my first did, at least as far as I can remember!

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you and hope everyone is keeping well!

Congratulations and welcome, number two for me also. I'm finding this baby isn't as active as my first, I only seem to feel movements at night.

xalot wrote: »
    Congratulations and welcome, number two for me also. I'm finding this baby isn't as active as my first, I only seem to feel movements at night.

Most of mine are definitely at night too when I lie down. Prob the movement all day helps them stay asleep!

I'm going to try not to live by the ' you should feel x y or z' type things, otherwise I'd freak myself out! I reckon we'll just get used to the rhythm of the babies and get to know what is 'normal' for them

genie_us wrote: »
    Most of mine are definitely at night too when I lie down. Prob the movement all day helps them stay asleep!

I'm going to try not to live by the ' you should feel x y or z' type things, otherwise I'd freak myself out! I reckon we'll just get used to the rhythm of the babies and get to know what is 'normal' for them

MIne are at night too. Not very strong but I think they are getting stronger. The location and infrequency means the husband can't fell them, no matter how long he waits!

MIne are at night too. Not very strong but I think they are getting stronger. The location and infrequency means the husband can't fell them, no matter how long he waits!

My oh felt his very first kick only the other night. He had his tummy on my bellly for a good 10 minutes, I felt all the kicks obv but he only felt one! He was happy enough anyway. They're only starting to get a bit stronger now though really

• Advertisement

Booked a private scan this weekend at 25 weeks, wanna see that our little girl is still looking fab and growing healthily :) also, interested in keeping an eye on that growing fibroid.

Advertisement