Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant in blancherstown?

Options
  • 12-03-2016 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

I'm staying in blancherstown next Saturday night with the gf. Could anyone gave me the name of a nice restaurant around there, or not too far away. Hopefully one that would have good vegetarian choices (she's a vegetarian)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Tilikum wrote: »
    Hello All,

I'm staying in blancherstown next Saturday night with the gf. Could anyone gave me the name of a nice restaurant around there, or not too far away. Hopefully one that would have good vegetarian choices (she's a vegetarian)

Perhaps post in Dublin 15 for better info. Would also include where you are staying as it's a big place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Wagamama's is your place, especially if she's a veggie. It's located very near the Crown Plaza hotel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Wagamamas is a bit open plan if your trying to impress the gf. Try Twelfth Lock, she'll be putty in your hand so she will.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Wagamamas is a bit open plan if your trying to impress the gf. Try Twelfth Lock, she'll be putty in your hand so she will.

The Twelfth Lock is closed. Or at least it was a couple of weeks ago.

There's Brownes in Blanch village. No idea what the veggie options are like there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

We're actually staying in the Carlton hotel. Thanks for the ideas!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

We're actually staying in the Carlton hotel. That's for the ideas!!

That's in the middle of nowhere, nothing around it. Some of the best vegetarian food is Asian, consider the Thai Garden in Blanchardstown village but it'll cost you in taxis unless one of you drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DMCC10

Didn't know the 12th lock was closed, that's a pity, one of my favourite places. For Blanchardstown village the Thia gardens is best option. best to book it as it is busy.

Lovely, thanks a lot everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Maximillions in the village beside SuperValu.
    Also does a decent early bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

the thai garden is a personal favourite

• Advertisement

I've actually booked the Thai garden. Thanks again everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I've actually booked the Thai garden. Thanks again everyone.

JFYI, depending on how strict a veggie your GF is, Thai Restaurants are renowned for adding various fish-based sauces to their dishes and labelling them veggie. I always avoid them because of this.

Just took a look at the menu for this restaurant, and there's only one option marked as vegetarian- stir-fried veg in oyster sauce.

You'll probably need to call ahead to make sure the oyster sauce they use is veg friendly. Based on personal experience, I doubt it.

Wagamamas, while an open format and not particularly romantic, will have substantially more variety for your GF (and lots for yourself). Us veggies get quite sick of vegetable stir-fries.

Advertisement