Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow connection speed

Options
  • 13-03-2016 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi I am paying for broadband *up to* 24mbps down and i think 1 mbps up. but the speed I am receving is 2.5 down and 0.3 up at best.

I get I just must be far from the exchange but I am paying the same cost as someone who is getting 20 mbps. Does this happen to everyone and is there anyway to reduce my bill as the connection is so s**t?

I would hope my connection speed would be fixed when efibre comes to my area but I was told last summer it would be in October then it was February and now it's either "the next 6 months"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

sirboby wrote: »
    Hi I am paying for broadband *up to* 24mbps down and i think 1 mbps up. but the speed I am receving is 2.5 down and 0.3 up at best.

I get I just must be far from the exchange but I am paying the same cost as someone who is getting 20 mbps. Does this happen to everyone and is there anyway to reduce my bill as the connection is so s**t?

I would hope my connection speed would be fixed when efibre comes to my area but I was told last summer it would be in October then it was February and now it's either "the next 6 months"
    Hi sirboby, 

The best advice I can offer is to contact our support team on 1890 260 260 (tel no. and option 0) They'll troubleshoot with you to identify the issue and resolve it.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement