Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone read Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling?

• 13-03-2016 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

I have just recently read Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling and I have to say it is a tremendous read. In my opinion its the best wrestling book I have ever read. It was truly an entertaining read from start to finish.

What did you think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I found it very moving all the way through. He really does his best to tell the complete story I think. The people he doesn't like, he tells exactly why. He puts over a lot of people in it as well. It's almost a dossier on the late 70s through to the late 1990s overall after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭IndridCold

I found it very moving all the way through. He really does his best to tell the complete story I think. The people he doesn't like, he tells exactly why. He puts over a lot of people in it as well. It's almost a dossier on the late 70s through to the late 1990s overall after a while.

Yes I found it moving too. Things went downhill for him after the Montreal screwjob. I also like how well he explains his experiences on the road. He tells it like it is.

People give out that Bret is a mark for himself. I would be too if I achieved even half of what he did. Also, the guy has had some of the worst things imaginable happen to him/his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭IndridCold

People give out that Bret is a mark for himself. I would be too if I achieved even half of what he did. Also, the guy has had some of the worst things imaginable happen to him/his family.

The Hart family are like the Kennedy family of pro wrestling, so many tragedies. He didn't lack integrity, that is for sure. I always liked the character he played, a character who had integrity and morals. You don't see that as often anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I love that book, but then again, Bret's my guy. So many great stories. Was delighted he wrote it without input from WWE as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I love this book. It's a must-read for any wrestling fan imo.

IndridCold wrote: »
    The Hart family are like the Kennedy family of pro wrestling, so many tragedies. He didn't lack integrity, that is for sure. I always liked the character he played, a character who had integrity and morals. You don't see that as often anymore.
    Bret Hart was a one-off. There'll never be another one who's as good at this game.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

its great, love it. even though at times it reads like "Bret Hart: My Grievances 1 - 7804" at times :p

If I had written that book I would have ripped into some of the people even harder than that.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

BMMachine wrote: »
    There's a hell of a lot of this that's hilarious, very little of it is without merit too.

He somehow seems to get funnier as he gets older, you've just gotta keep him from the usual topics (Hunter, Hogan, Russo...) and you've got bitter gold.

If I was ever gonna interview him, I'd structure the questions purely to see if I could get him into an area of full on rage.

Advertisement