Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTX750TI POOR PERFORMANCE

Options
  • 13-03-2016 2:07am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13

I purchased a custom built PC back in October 2015. About a month after I bought it, I started to experience white dots while using it. Sent an e-mail to the seller and he replaced the GPU because it was under the 1 year warranty. I received the replacement in Mid February and installed it into my machine. Since then, FSX and Prepar3d have been running much lower FPS then previously on the old card. FPS was probably more on integrated! Someone suggested that I should take the card out again and re-place it into the slot, I did this and I have seen a small increase in FPS but nothing to what I was getting on my original card before it went faulty. I`m quite frustrated about this as I feel like I`m being cheated performance wise getting lower FPS then I should be.
    My specs are:
    -I7 4790K
    -8GB RAM
    -Zotac GTX750Ti 2GB
    -1TB HDD
    -PSU: ??
    -Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Have you installed the nVidia drivers?

You won't be maxing out Ultra60fps anyways, Mid-High in most games for 60fps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Are you using the latest drivers? Drivers that come on CD are always dreadfully outdated, always use the latest drivers from the Nvidia website.

What sort of FPS are we talking and what settings? FSX is processor heavy rather than graphics, the other one I'm not familar with but a quick look suggest's that it's requirements are far heavier than FSX on both fronts.

The GTX750Ti is nowhere near the same tier graphics wise as the 4790 is processor wise, you have a high-end part coupled with a low-end part. Still a grand card for most games but nowhere near fast enough to realize the potential of the 4790 in anything that puts strain on video cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Nvidias latest drivers have been troublesome for alot of people nvidia tried hotfix didn't work so be advised .

definitely download a newer driver but perhaps earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

nVidia took down the beta driver, so you can't install it anymore. The latest drivers should boost a small bit of your performance but not by much.
    Are your clock speeds dropping? The card might not be boosting as much as your older one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Are you sure you have the monitor plugged into the card and not the motherboard?
    I doubt this is it but I have seen people make this mistake before.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 togaselected

Have you installed the nVidia drivers?

You won't be maxing out Ultra60fps anyways, Mid-High in most games for 60fps

I reinstalled the drivers about 3 times now, I tried an older version of the drivers from October 2015 aswell which my old card ran fine on, still no change.

tuxy wrote: »
    Are you sure you have the monitor plugged into the card and not the motherboard?
    I doubt this is it but I have seen people make this mistake before.

Yep its plugged into the card, just checked :)

Are you using the latest drivers? Drivers that come on CD are always dreadfully outdated, always use the latest drivers from the Nvidia website.

What sort of FPS are we talking and what settings? FSX is processor heavy rather than graphics, the other one I'm not familar with but a quick look suggest's that it's requirements are far heavier than FSX on both fronts.

The GTX750Ti is nowhere near the same tier graphics wise as the 4790 is processor wise, you have a high-end part coupled with a low-end part. Still a grand card for most games but nowhere near fast enough to realize the potential of the 4790 in anything that puts strain on video cards.

FSX was running pretty well with the 4790K and the 750, Prepar3D is a little more GPU intensive but nothing that the 750 shouldn`t be able to handle, if I tried another game like GTA 5 then there probably would be an issue. I have tried reinstalling the drivers a couple of times now and also tried downgrading to older versions. With my old card before it went faulty, I was getting 40-60 FPS with heavy scenery and addons.

Nvidias latest drivers have been troublesome for alot of people nvidia tried hotfix didn't work so be advised .

definitely download a newer driver but perhaps earlier.
    Eoinmc97 wrote: »
    nVidia took down the beta driver, so you can't install it anymore. The latest drivers should boost a small bit of your performance but not by much.
    Are your clock speeds dropping? The card might not be boosting as much as your older one.

Just downloaded the most recent update, haven`t tried what the performance is like yet but I`ll see what its like when I try it tonight. How can I check clock speeds dropping?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Just downloaded the most recent update, haven`t tried what the performance is like yet but I`ll see what its like when I try it tonight. How can I check clock speeds dropping?

Use MSI Afterburner

• Advertisement

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Use MSI Afterburner

Ok, thanks. How do I tell if something is wrong with the clock speeds? Should there be a certain thing that I should look for?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ok, thanks. How do I tell if something is wrong with the clock speeds? Should there be a certain thing that I should look for?

They should be in the high hundreds I would think, not sure the exact clocks of a 750Ti.

If they're under 500 the card is under clocked for some reason.

It's unlikely but possible, I've found my 290 clocked to like 15mhz instead of 1200

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Wasn't fsx CPU bound. Don't suppose your windows power settings are set at power saver?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Use MSI Afterburner to view clocks in real time

They should be in the high hundreds I would think, not sure the exact clocks of a 750Ti.

If they're under 500 the card is under clocked for some reason.

It's unlikely but possible, I've found my 290 clocked to like 15mhz instead of 1200

Just googled clock speeds for the 750Ti and it said 1020mhz was standard, looking at MSI Afterburner at the moment while doing a flight in FSX, the cards clock speed was 836mhz with occasional jumps to around 1020mhz.

Wasn't fsx CPU bound. Don't suppose your windows power settings are set at power saver?

FSX is mainly CPU bound but a mid range GPU can boost things abit. My power settings are on balanced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

FSX is CPU heavy not GPU heavy. Run something like 3D mark and record your scores.

Advertisement