Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl PIR ( no light attached ) units €4.99, problems?

Options
  • 13-03-2016 5:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

Bought 2 of these last year. Have one in the back garden is O.K.. Wanted to use one one the front door where the focus is more important, but no matter what fine adjustments I make it either picks up the road/ footpath or else activates just 5 feet from door, the road/footpath is 20 feet away.

Anybody else had a problem getting a fine focus with these units? :confused:

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

That is to be expected, you get what you pay for with PIRs.
    I would rather pay extra and use a Stinel PIR and know that it will work first time. Even if the Lidl unit worked I would not expect it to last too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

2011 wrote: »
    Even if the Lidl unit worked I would not expect it to last too long.
    I've opened the control section and both the sensor and settings (3) rheostats have a nice coating of rust,
    and judging from the case molding I'm not sure there shouldn't be a focusing lens between the outer translucent cover and sensor/IR emitter.

Cheapest Steinel at Amazon is £22

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Advertisement