Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung electric hob not powering up

Options
  • 13-03-2016 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Have this hob 5 years and it has stopped working no power coming on. can this be repaired or is it a case of get a new hob.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The first thing to do is verify that the hob has a supply.
    Have any MCBs tripped?
    Is there any light coming on at the hob or cooker switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭maniac2003

2011 wrote: »
    The first thing to do is verify that the hob has a supply.
    Have any MCBs tripped?
    Is there any light coming on at the hob or cooker switch?

there is electricity going in. no mcbs tripped oven is fine on same supply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭wokingvoter

maniac2003 wrote: »
    there is electricity going in. no mcbs tripped oven is fine on same supply.

Mine lasted 12 years until the extractor fan cover fell on it and smashed it. If it has packed up I'd be looking for a partial refund at least.

Mine lasted 12 years until the extractor fan cover fell on it and smashed it. If it has packed up I'd be looking for a partial refund at least.

is it repairable would ye think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭wokingvoter

maniac2003 wrote: »
    is it repairable would ye think

Sure get an electrician to look at it and then if he says its buggered I would bring it back to the retailer for either a repair a replacement or at least a partial refund
    5 years isn't long enough

• Advertisement

Sure get an electrician to look at it and then if he says its buggered I would bring it back to the retailer for either a repair a replacement or at least a partial refund
    5 years isn't long enough

control unit gone on it not happy have to a new unit as it makes most cost sense I am not happy. realised its only 3 years old too not good.

working voter I contacted Samsung direct they are going to cover the repair of it; sound advise to follow up on it by you cheers

Advertisement