Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meadow mount churchtown

Options
  • 13-03-2016 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what this area is like to live in? I'm looking at a property there but googling it seems like it's close to a fairly rough estate. It looks like a really settled area. Appreciate any thoughts on it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Meadow mount is a nice estate, no trouble at all. Hillview uesd to be quite a rough estate but in recent years you would never really find any trouble in it at all. In the past two weeks or so however you might remember a story about a garda being stabbed after he followed a robbed car into an estate in Ballinteer, this was in Hillview. Not sure that I would let it put me off though, any trouble would be fairly contained within Hillview estate itself. You should note however that in order for Hillview residents to gain access to their estate they must drive through meadow mount (unless they drive through wyckham) particularly if they are heading towards the nutgrove direction. Not that that really makes a difference but it would add to the traffic driving past certain streets in meadowmount.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The overall area can be iffy, but its not bad.

Two friends (6'2 and 5'10 athletic lads) got spontaneously jumped walking up from DD village towards the same estate. One was left with a broken jaw.

Settled traveler camp on the corner of Nutgrove has not been without its issues over the years either.

The other end of Churchtown is quieter, but probably more expensive than Meadowmount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Meadow mount is a nice estate, no trouble at all. Hillview uesd to be quite a rough estate but in recent years you would never really find any trouble in it at all. In the past two weeks or so however you might remember a story about a garda being stabbed after he followed a robbed car into an estate in Ballinteer, this was in Hillview. Not sure that I would let it put me off though, any trouble would be fairly contained within Hillview estate itself. You should note however that in order for Hillview residents to gain access to their estate they must drive through meadow mount (unless they drive through wyckham) particularly if they are heading towards the nutgrove direction. Not that that really makes a difference but it would add to the traffic driving past certain streets in meadowmount.

That's a good summary

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Advertisement