Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router firmware upgrade/rebrand or hacked?

Options
  • 13-03-2016 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Last night around 11pm we lost connection and had the router sporadically disconnecting. This morning the router branding has changed suggesting an upgrade was pushed. Can you confirm this was done by you please. Also the syslog shows a worrying amount of intrusion warnings from different source ip's I noticed, do I need to be worried about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cagefactor

Also same issue. My branding has changed. Loads of intrusions in the logs and no service whatsoever. Cannot connect to WAN. Bloody joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

boomslang wrote: »
    Last night around 11pm we lost connection and had the router sporadically disconnecting. This morning the router branding has changed suggesting an upgrade was pushed. Can you confirm this was done by you please. Also the syslog shows a worrying amount of intrusion warnings from different source ip's I noticed, do I need to be worried about this?
    Hi all, 

I'm not aware of any issue here. 

The best advice I can offer is to contact our support team on 1890 260 260 (tel no. and option 0) They'll assist you with this there. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement