Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgraded to efiber, no difference in speed

Options
  • 13-03-2016 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    Last Friday i moved from Sky to Eir to avail of the new e fibre broadband.
    I was getting around 13Mbps with Sky on the old broadband. The best speed i have got on the new efiber is 14.3 Mbps but most times the speed is between 13 and 14.
    I am paying €25 a month more for this than i was with Sky. 
    Can it be improved or should i just go back to Sky and save the difference?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi,
    I was getting around 13Mbps with Sky on the old broadband. The best speed i have got on the new efiber is 14.3 Mbps but most times the speed is between 13 and 14.
    Hi sinnerboy555, 

Feel free to PM me your details and I'll clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 10 The Grimm

Hi,
    Hi Sinnerboy555

My broadband speeds are currently 5mb.

I saw that efibre was enabled and straight away contacted Eir about it - have to say the guy I was dealing was so arrogant and rude in the way he was talking to me but he assured me I would get speeds of up to 100 mb (if I had got one fifth of this I would have been happy) and the cost would be €30

Rang Sky as I have my broadband with them and they informed me that even upgrading to efibre I would only have speeds of up 7 mb - that's 7 mb versus 100 mb!!!!

I rang the Eir guy back today and asked him out straight why was there such a difference in stories and was informed that the testing was down yesterday so how could he tell me exactly what speeds I was going to get - a total sales ploy - he assured me a few times yesterday that that was the speed we would have even though I informed him of what sky had said!  I decided to ring Eir Sales directly and got quoted a different price €40 and was told my speed would be 7 mb.

Heres my problem I thought efibre was supposed to bring speeds of greater than >20 mb why would I switch from a service that I have had no problems with and are completely honest about speeds.

Eir might have rebranded but they are still very much Eircom and I was with them for a year years ago and it was a nightmare to deal with them.

So I will remain with sky for the moment, so annoyed with all this silliness!  How can a company be so badly run.........

Advertisement