Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre maybe coming one day ? Customer paying around 60 euros a month for a 1mb conne

Options
  • 13-03-2016 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

I took this screenshot on the 10th of November 2015 (attached ) 

If i check again the eta for fiber today ... the eta is the same .... within 6 month. Can you please provide a narrower timeframe ? 

Suggestion on pricing : at the moment, i pay around 58 euros for internet with you guys, for a 1mb line. don't you think it would be fairer to charge people with such slow connection a bit less ?
    380241.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Fairer? Haha.

Cost to provide BB has almost nothing to do with the speed. A rural 3Mb line could cost OpenEir 3x as much as a 300Mb FTTH line in Dublin in OPEX. Right now city dwellers are subsidizing your connection, there have been talks of allowing OpenEir to change their rates so that prices reflect more accurately reflect costs rather than flat across the board.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

I took this screenshot on the 10th of November 2015 (attached ) 

If i check again the eta for fiber today ... the eta is the same .... within 6 month. Can you please provide a narrower timeframe ? 

Suggestion on pricing : at the moment, i pay around 58 euros for internet with you guys, for a 1mb line. don't you think it would be fairer to charge people with such slow connection a bit less ?
    380241.png

Hi synesthesia, 

I'm afraid this is the most up to date information we have available. 

We advise 'up to' speeds as we can't guarantee any speeds so pricing can't be changed unfortunately.

Apologies for the delays. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement