Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division names and raid meet up

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

think health is around 90k, dps around 120k. armor is what i might need to look at.

anyone else around tomorrow night to give it a shot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

IBYRNEI wrote: »
    If you are free tomorrow then I'll give it another go. I'll be on in the evening and night.
    GamerTag:
    i BYRNE i
    I'd recommend first reading "Easy Mode Incursion The Division" post you'll find through Google. It has lots of tips.
    There's a lot to know before trying it. Try to have your health as high as possible before trying it. I had health at 30k and I would die while running to place the bomb. It's over 80k now. A few HE stamina mods and re-rolling helped.

I tried it and failed a few times. I felt even worse after watching the video of a guy completing it solo :D

There's a Incursion for Dummies video out and it's great. The key thing is to stay where the ammo drops are as counter intuitive as it seems. you also need everyone to have their super on for the bomb runs. I'd advise two people to have the health pack with revive and two to have the thing that puts the green bubble out that gives health to everyone. Forget turrets and sticky bombs too as they'll just be turned against you so I ran with the scan as did all my mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 IBYRNEI

Jayop wrote: »
    There's a Incursion for Dummies video out and it's great. The key thing is to stay where the ammo drops are as counter intuitive as it seems. you also need everyone to have their super on for the bomb runs. I'd advise two people to have the health pack with revive and two to have the thing that puts the green bubble out that gives health to everyone. Forget turrets and sticky bombs too as they'll just be turned against you so I ran with the scan as did all my mates.
    Thanks. In the last run, we stayed in the pits and everything was fine until a bomb run. One person died, and the rest of us followed.
    I think my problem with the last few runs were that I didn't understand the basics of the game very well. I was getting 500k+ with sniper headshots. But being one-shotted with the shotguns. It was fine for the challenge missions and turtling, but not suitable for Incursion and their infinite spawn enemies from every direction. I've spent a lot of time re-rolling, and I have 3 striker gear now too. I've given up the LMG and only use SMG with Marksmen rifle.
    The sticky flash bangs are actually very good, they stop the drones for a few seconds. I think it's the seeker mines that are bad?

Thanks. In the last run, we stayed in the pits and everything was fine until a bomb run. One person died, and the rest of us followed.
    I think my problem with the last few runs were that I didn't understand the basics of the game very well. I was getting 500k+ with sniper headshots. But being one-shotted with the shotguns. It was fine for the challenge missions and turtling, but not suitable for Incursion and their infinite spawn enemies from every direction. I've spent a lot of time re-rolling, and I have 3 striker gear now too. I've given up the LMG and only use SMG with Marksmen rifle.
    The sticky flash bangs are actually very good, they stop the drones for a few seconds. I think it's the seeker mines that are bad?

Yeah the SMG and Sniper are the best load out for the incursion by a mile. A good AUG or Vector will down a drone with one clip. If you have people with the health pack on your team try to always have one out at each side of the pit all the time and that will revive you if you get downed by a sniper.

I didn't find the rushers too bad down there compared to the first place we tried it at the ledge back right. Be sure never to have all four players at the one side so that if a roller mine does take you down you'll have one player alive to do the revives. Also if you are running pulse you'll get the crit hit bonus and not be surprised where they come from. I was the weakest player on my team so I stayed on the left mostly alone while they all stayed on the right and took most of the heat.

The key to the bomb runs is contrary to most of the early advise. We were initially told to go 2 to each side but we were getting caught out so the we all ran to the left and stayed in the room while one player planted the bomb. If everyone runs the super and you organise it so that the first person pops it as you're leaving the pit and then keep popping them overlapping slightly you should be able to get in and out ok. Be careful of the seeker mines as you leave the room with the switch.

We're planning on running it on challenge later so it'll be a experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 IBYRNEI

Jayop wrote: »
    Yeah the SMG and Sniper are the best load out for the incursion by a mile. A good AUG or Vector will down a drone with one clip. If you have people with the health pack on your team try to always have one out at each side of the pit all the time and that will revive you if you get downed by a sniper.

I didn't find the rushers too bad down there compared to the first place we tried it at the ledge back right. Be sure never to have all four players at the one side so that if a roller mine does take you down you'll have one player alive to do the revives. Also if you are running pulse you'll get the crit hit bonus and not be surprised where they come from. I was the weakest player on my team so I stayed on the left mostly alone while they all stayed on the right and took most of the heat.

The key to the bomb runs is contrary to most of the early advise. We were initially told to go 2 to each side but we were getting caught out so the we all ran to the left and stayed in the room while one player planted the bomb. If everyone runs the super and you organise it so that the first person pops it as you're leaving the pit and then keep popping them overlapping slightly you should be able to get in and out ok. Be careful of the seeker mines as you leave the room with the switch.

We're planning on running it on challenge later so it'll be a experience.

That's the exact mistake we made when we failed. We went two to the left and two to the right. I'll try all to the left next time. The far turret doesn't seem to cause as much damage as people expect. The auto revive after bomb plants was important to know as well.
    I saw that the next Incursion is out in May, and the recommended gear score is 240. That's a huge jump in difficulty.

• Advertisement

That's the exact mistake we made when we failed. We went two to the left and two to the right. I'll try all to the left next time. The far turret doesn't seem to cause as much damage as people expect. The auto revive after bomb plants was important to know as well.
    I saw that the next Incursion is out in May, and the recommended gear score is 240. That's a huge jump in difficulty.

I got up to 187 I think last night so I've a long way to go.

AFAIK the max gear score currently is 228. You can only get 240 gear by doing the incursion on challenging so a full set plus the weapons averages at 228. They must be adding new higher level stuff soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Just noticed this thread now! If people are still playing -

GT: Kirk the dog
    Level 30 GS:240ish

Up for playing anything really. Heoric FL and farming heroic Dragons Nest mainly at the moment.

i'd be really interested if there were 3 others that were still playing regularly and wanted to do FL heroic/dragons nest heroic, and wanted to set up a regular team...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

mossym wrote: »
    i'd be really interested if there were 3 others that were still playing regularly and wanted to do FL heroic/dragons nest heroic, and wanted to set up a regular team...

Id definitely be up for this. I'm usually on when I get the chance. I still have to do Dragons Nest hardmode before I can run the Heroic Farm. Haven't even tried it yet.

I posted a link in the main The Division thread on a way to farm Dragons nest.

yup, have run that method on heroic, works really well. got 4 229 weapons, 4 gear/weapon mods(4 bosses), 3 268 dead eye bits and another weapon at the mission end.

so it's well worth running. have a strong tacticians character i can use to supply the smart cover needed if there are strong damage dealers, or i can run a full sentry build if someone else is skill based

not looking to carry folks though, it won;t work with weak players looking to gear up. need pretty strongly geared players that are looking to farm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 runningfree82

Hey guys,

Level 30. GS of 170 at the moment. Looking for farming missions to gear up if possible. Also do regular DZ runs and must start UG too.
    GT is runfree82

Feel free to add me. Happy to help people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 runningfree82

mossym wrote: »

Happy to be part of this. Also on a few other sites for matchmaking. But need improve my gear first.

Happy to be part of this. Also on a few other sites for matchmaking. But need improve my gear first.

yeah, sorry but at gs 170 you'll get your ass handed to you in heroic anything. happy to help you gear up though or give me a shout when you have geared

Advertisement