Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europlex signet 100 mains fault

• 13-03-2016 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭

Just moved into a new house. I don't know the alarm code. The panel shows mains fault.
    Is there any way to fix without calling out an engineer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The alert needs to be cleared with the user code. I'd recommend you get your local alarm company out to reset it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

The alert needs to be cleared with the user code. I'd recommend you get your local alarm company out to reset it for you.

That's what I've read so far. But one presumes the local alarm company will enter into their menu reset it. Change the alarm code and charge me a few bob. I'm fairly sure if I knew how I'd be well able to do the same myself.

Question is how? Would an engineer manual help?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The engineer manual won't help. If the user code is unknown then a new one needs to be programmed and set up.
    The alert can not be cleared without it.

KoolKid wrote: »
    The engineer manual won't help. If the user code is unknown then a new one needs to be programmed and set up.
    The alert can not be cleared without it.

So call the engineer. Grand.

Out of interest how will they programme a new one?

Clarabel wrote: »
    That's what I've read so far. But one presumes the local alarm company will enter into their menu reset it. Change the alarm code and charge me a few bob. I'm fairly sure if I knew how I'd be well able to do the same myself.

Question is how? Would an engineer manual help?

You won't be able to reset it yourself. You'll need to organise a technician.

• Advertisement

So call the engineer. Grand.

Out of interest how will they programme a new one?

He will either know the engineer code or else he'll reset the panel and reprogram it.

He will either know the engineer code or else he'll reset the panel and reprogram it.

Fair enough. Thanks for your help.

I've made a mistake. I was trying different codes (DOB the of previous owners). It's beeping none stop. I thought a lockout would only last 90 secs?

Have I just ruined my chance of sleeping tonight?

I've made a mistake. I was trying different codes (DOB the of previous owners). It's beeping none stop. I thought a lockout would only last 90 secs?

Have I just ruined my chance of sleeping tonight?
    Called the install engineer (they in Cork I'm in Dublin) suggested removing battery but said I'd probably set the alarm off. Not sure if it would turn off eventually.

Balls.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Called the install engineer (they in Cork I'm in Dublin) .

Call an engineer in Dublin is your best bet.
    I'm sorry but we are no longer allowed help with user or engineer codes here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement