Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Repair/warranty Advice please. Apple blanking me.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

naasrd wrote: »
    That is none of your business. If you have nothing constructive to add butt out of the thread with your pointless self serving questions. This isn't about you and your quest to find holes. Back in your box.

Have you not bored of been a troll by now?

breanach78 wrote: »
    It was not me that broke the contact, I was not given the service that was sold to me and I was released from the contact. Not my fault. It's messy. Looking back I should have insisted on handing the phone back.

Look at it this way, you got the phone for 40% of the cost and its lasted just over 16 months.

From other threads I've seen here, the scc generally order the provider to repay the customer whatever they paid for the phone when they got the contract originally. I don't know of the fact you were released from contract after a month will have any bearing on it. I'm not sure if you have to give the phone back at the same time as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

It was not me that broke the contact, I was not given the service that was sold to me and I was released from the contact. Not my fault. It's messy. Looking back I should have insisted on handing the phone back.

Its just not clear.

That said if you have paid money, have a receipt that would seem clear cut. But you might have to go to the SCC to get it sorted. I don't think its that big a deal. Never done it myself.

Last time I returned a faulty phone I left it back for repair (3rd time) and refused to collect it. Took them 3 or 4 months to issue a refund. Your situation is different because no one will accept it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Do they sometimes reduce an award by how much time someone has the product. I don't know just asking.

beauf wrote: »
    Do they sometimes reduce an award by how much time someone has the product. I don't know just asking.

Haven't a clue, I've never used it either but I'd imagine everything is taken into consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

beauf wrote: »

Yes, the judge can take that in to account.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Xpro wrote: »
    Apple repair policies have changed even for phones within the warranty period. My 3 months 6s 64GB is giving me an awful hassle with camera not working and they are fobbing me off to go to emobile for repairs, or send it in and be without the phone for 10 days. Totally unacceptable. Not what you expect from Apple. Even in your case there should be some goodwill if the phone is knackerd

There not fobbing you off, we live in a country that doesn't have an Apple Store so that's not an option. They are asking you to go to your Carrier to see if they can help you out. If they can't then your phone will be replaced by Apple under warranty through the mail option. Tell me again how they are fobbing you off if they are willing to replace your phone for free?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Did you contact Consumer Line yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

faceman wrote: »
    Did you contact Consumer Line yesterday?

I'll try give them a bell next week. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Xpro wrote: »
    Apple repair policies have changed even for phones within the warranty period. My 3 months 6s 64GB is giving me an awful hassle with camera not working and they are fobbing me off to go to emobile for repairs, or send it in and be without the phone for 10 days. Totally unacceptable. Not what you expect from Apple. Even in your case there should be some goodwill if the phone is knackerd

Nothing has changed with Apple repair policies.

You have a faulty phone in warranty. You therefore have several choices.

1. Apple will send you a return box. You put the phone in it, and send it back to them. 5-10 working days later you will receive your phone repaired or replaced with a refurbished one.

2. Request an express replacement with Apple.
    Apple will put a hold of a new iPhone 6s 64gb on your credit/debit card. They will then send you the new phone.
    Once received, you have 10 days to return the faulty one. If you don't return it, they keep your money.

If you do return it, once received and verified that it's not accidental damage, Apple will release the hold on the credit/debit card, and you keep the new phone.
    You pay a small fee for this option, which in most cases, is waived by Senior Support.

3. Go to an Apple Authorized Service Centre in Ireland. There are lots of them in Ireland, and they will be able to help you out.

4. Go to Belfast to the Apple Store. They will be able to replace your phone if it's not accidental damage.

You have multiple options. It's up to you which you pick.
    Claiming that it's totally unacceptable is pretty much a waste of time when you have lots of options available to you, but your not willing to accept any of them.

• Advertisement

1. Apple will send you a return box. You put the phone in it, and send it back to them. 5-10 working days later you will receive your phone repaired or replaced with a refurbished one.

Apple will put a hold of a new iPhone 6s 64gb on your credit/debit card. They will then send you the new phone.
    Once received, you have 10 days to return the faulty one. If you don't return it, they keep your money.

If you do return it, once received and verified that it's not accidental damage, Apple will release the hold on the credit/debit card, and you keep the new phone.
    You pay a small fee for this option, which in most cases, is waived by Senior Support.

3. Go to an Apple Authorized Service Centre in Ireland. There are lots of them in Ireland, and they will be able to help you out.

4. Go to Belfast to the Apple Store. They will be able to replace your phone if it's not accidental damage.

Claiming that it's totally unacceptable is pretty much a waste of time when you have lots of options available to you, but your not willing to accept any of them.
    3 deiny any responsibility
    Why would I be sent a 64g? Mine is 128g. My local Apple retailer, compub, won't take in the phone for repair unless it's under warranty.
    I think I am just going to take the hit and sent it to apple for repair, sicken.

3 deiny any responsibility
    Why would I be sent a 64g? Mine is 128g. My local Apple retailer, compub, won't take in the phone for repair unless it's under warranty.
    I think I am just going to take the hit and sent it to apple for repair, sicken.
    The post you quoted was in reply to another post about a 64gb iphone, there was no reference to yours.

guil wrote: »
    The post you quoted was in reply to another post about a 64gb iphone, there was no reference to yours.

Sorry my bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

If they got the phone from emobile then the sale of goods contract is with emobile not Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

naasrd wrote: »
    That is none of your business. If you have nothing constructive to add butt out of the thread with your pointless self serving questions. This isn't about you and your quest to find holes. Back in your box.

You are such a troll.

Of course it's his business. He didn't pay the full value of the phone and is looking to blame Apple and O2 for not covering a replacement. He came here to ask for advice or whatever and what he is being given is the hard facts of the case. It's not about finding holes for his pleasure it's to find holes in how this won't result in anything beneficial by trying to make a claim through SCC.

Express Replacement Service is only an option if you have AppleCare+ or Apple Care Protection plan. There is no free to be waived as it is covered under the AC+ or APP agreement.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Express Replacement Service is only an option if you have AppleCare+ or Apple Care Protection plan. There is no free to be waived as it is covered under the AC+ or APP agreement.

You can avail of ERS without AC+ by paying €29 for it.

whiterebel wrote: »
    You can avail of ERS without AC+ by paying €29 for it.

Nope. Need AC+ or Apple Care Protection plan.

Nope. Need AC+ or Apple Care Protection plan.

Nope. From Apple's website, and confirmed by the CS Agent a few weeks ago. ERS is free under AC+ or APP, chargeable @ €29 without.

The following terms and conditions will apply to Express Replacement Service (“ERS”) provided in conjunction with any services offered that are not covered under Apple's Limited Warranty, AppleCare Protection Plan or AppleCare+. This service does not otherwise affect your statutory rights.

i. If Apple determines that your product is eligible for ERS, and you choose to order ERS by providing to Apple your credit card details, Apple will ship to your designated location a replacement product. You will return your product so that Apple receives it within ten (10) days from the date Apple ships the replacement product (the “Return Period”). You must return the original product in the package that contained the replacement product in accordance with Apple’s instructions. Apple will retain the original product and you will retain the replacement product.

ii. For the ERS, Apple will charge your credit card the ERS Charge, described at the Product Service FAQ webpages described below (“Service FAQ”) at the time the replacement product ships. At the time the replacement product ships, Apple will effect an authorization against your credit card equal to the replacement value of a new product (“Replacement Value”), described at the Service FAQ. This authorization will be maintained by Apple and will be applied against any damage to the original product that is not eligible for Out-of-Warranty Service, or loss of the original product or other payments due Apple.

Nope. https://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=Ireland&product=iphone

"The Express Replacement Service is only available if your iPhone is covered by an AppleCare product. For other service options, see the Service page."

• Advertisement

Nope. https://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=Ireland&product=iphone

"The Express Replacement Service is only available if your iPhone is covered by an AppleCare product. For other service options, see the Service page."

You do realise that AppleCare is the all-encompassing name for the full range of Apple services, don't you? Limited Warranty, Tech support, AC+, APP etc are all classed as AppleCare. See the attached pdf from Apple which should explain it once and for all. If it was only available to AC+ which is free, why do they have a charge of €29 on it?

http://images.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/docs/AppleCare_Service_Plan.pdf

You're way off the mark here. Your link shows nothing to say it's available for €29.

If you took the time to read the link above you'll see that " an Apple care product" is linked to the following:

http://www.apple.com/ie/support/products/iphone.html

It used to be the case that anyone could get ERS for iPhone for €29. This has since changed and is only available for those with AC+ or APP now.

You're way off the mark here. Your link shows nothing to say it's available for €29.

If you took the time to read the link above you'll see that " an Apple care product" is linked to the following:

It used to be the case that anyone could get ERS for iPhone for €29. This has since changed and is only available for those with AC+ or APP now.

http://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/terms/iphonears/

I've outlined clearly that it requires an AppleCare product (AppleCare+ or Apple Care Protection plan) to be eligible for it.

The page that you've linked that says "These terms apply to customers whose iPhone is not covered by Apple's Limited Warranty, AppleCare+ or AppleCare Protection Plan." is on the US version of the site.

US: "If your iPhone isn’t covered by AppleCare+ or AppleCare Protection Plan, you can request Express Replacement Service for a $29 fee. This fee is separate from the cost of service."

The procedure changed for Europe.

I've outlined clearly that it requires an AppleCare product (AppleCare+ or Apple Care Protection plan) to be eligible for it.

The page that you've linked that says "These terms apply to customers whose iPhone is not covered by Apple's Limited Warranty, AppleCare+ or AppleCare Protection Plan." is on the US version of the site.

US: "If your iPhone isn’t covered by AppleCare+ or AppleCare Protection Plan, you can request Express Replacement Service for a $29 fee. This fee is separate from the cost of service."

The procedure changed for Europe.

Click the link on the right saying express replacement for out of warranty or not competed by apple care, it then ask you to select a region and then a country.

I think you're the one thats way off. An Apple Agent was trying to charge me €29 for ERS only 2 weeks ago.

"Express Replacement Service (ERS) Terms and Conditions for customers whose iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch is covered by Apple's Limited Warranty, AppleCare+ or AppleCare Protection Plan". With typical Apple efficiency every plan for Europe seems to link to the USA page.

I'm not going to bother trying to convince you any more, you seem to know better than the Apple CS agents and their website, so I'll leave it at that.

Click the link on the right saying express replacement for out of warranty or not competed by apple care, it then ask you to select a region and then a country.

Yep, it should be removed or made more clear. The main thing is the changes are reflected in the Service Answer Centre.
    What if my iPhone is not covered by an AppleCare product?
    The Express Replacement Service is only available if your iPhone is covered by an AppleCare product. For other service options, see the Service page.

Yep, it should be removed or made more clear. The main thing is the changes are reflected in the Service Answer Centre.

Please stop sending condescending and unwanted PMs, you are making a bigger twat of yourself as you go on. I've put you on ignore now as you don't seem to able to read English.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Please stop sending condescending and unwanted PMs, you are making a bigger twat of yourself as you go on. I've put you on ignore now as you don't seem to able to read English.

Sent via PM because this is wasting everyones time and energy. The only reason I said it in this thread in the first place was to make people aware that it isn't an option anymore unless you have AC+ or APP. A polite heads up. Then you come trying to say otherwise with no facts. You haven't provided one link to the Apple site advising that it's available for €29. On the US site, where it is available, it shows $29 charge in the Service Centre. All it shows in Ireland now since the change is:
    What if my iPhone is not covered by an AppleCare product?
    The Express Replacement Service is only available if your iPhone is covered by an AppleCare product. For other service options, see the Service page.

That is as self explanatory as it gets. An AppleCare product is defined by Apple as extra coverage, AC+ or the protection plan.

I invite anyone to contact AppleCare and ask them if ERS is available without AC+. Because a front line advisor told me and a senior advisor in Cork told me the same and referred me to that link above. He told me the policy changed in January. My only option was to have the phone sent off.

End of story. What a waste of time and energy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

You cannot get the express service unless you have AppleCare+ as FourFourFM has said.

Advertisement