Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Repair/warranty Advice please. Apple blanking me.

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You cannot get the express service unless you have AppleCare+ as FourFourFM has said.

Not according to Apple 2 weeks ago, and their website. Anyway, this is just going around in circles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

whiterebel wrote: »
    Not according to Apple 2 weeks ago, and their website. Anyway, this is just going around in circles.

I can guarantee you that it's been the case for 4-5 months. You try ringing Apple and set up an ERS, I can bet you won't get it unless you have AC+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I can guarantee you that it's been the case for 4-5 months. You try ringing Apple and set up an ERS, I can bet you won't get it unless you have AC+

So he's just making it up for the craic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

guil wrote: »
    So he's just making it up for the craic?

Most likely scenario is that the person he spoke to wasn't aware of the change. Do you honestly think everyone on the floor level of tech support knows all the answers.

I questioned it with the original person (as I had received ERS in the past and a senior advisor then confirmed it to me). I accepted this and went for another option.

What's further, is that it's not even up for debate when the website clearly says it is available if you have an AppleCare product only. As was kindly pointed out to me by senior staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

You cannot get the express service unless you have AppleCare+ as FourFourFM has said.

I beg to differ I have sent back the following phones to Apple ip4, ip4s iph5, ip5s, iph6. All were replaced with ERS and a fee of €29 and I did not have one phone with Apple care or Apple care +.

• Advertisement

I beg to differ I have sent back the following phones to Apple ip4, ip4s iph5, ip5s, iph6. All were replaced with ERS and a fee of €29 and I did not have one phone with Apple care or Apple care +.

Yep. Nobody is disputing that. I did before too. This change came info effect in Janaury.

Anytime I returned an iPhone tech support would always try and sell AppleCare saying that with this you would not need to pay the €29 but I always declined.

Double post.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Yep. Nobody is disputing that. I did before too. This change came info effect in Janaury.

Ah I wasn't aware they changed that the hungry gits.

Ah I wasn't aware they changed that the hungry gits.

I paid the €29 a few times in the past too. It was so handy not to have to go without a phone.

I guess it's good that the likes of Compu B are authorised service providers for the iPhone now too.

• Advertisement

FourFourFM wrote: »
    I paid the €29 a few times in the past too. It was so handy not to have to go without a phone.

I guess it's good that the likes of Compu B are authorised service providers for the iPhone now too.

Good to know.Well I won't need to worry about for now as I've gone to the dark side with s7 edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

I too can confirm like fourfourfm said , ERS is not available in Ireland a senior advisor told me this in January he was based in ireland. So i think i would believe one of them than what is being said here. Yes it was previously available but any longer unless you have AC+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I was a senior advisor until September. I guess it changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

I have a similar problem
    Bought new 64gb iPhone 6 unlocked from Apple 18 months ago
    It has developed a "no service"problem this comes up where the carrier details are normally
    It rights itself sometimes with and sometimes without a reset
    Phone is in a case and well looked after from day 1
    Q.1 Am I out of warranty ?
    Q.2 Who/where do I go for a repair ?

Sorry for the questions but I couldn't follow exactly the ins and outs of the previous pages due to people's comments on the op's being in or out of contract
    I bought my phone outright from Apple
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

What network are you using it on?

soundsham wrote: »
    I have a similar problem
    Bought new 64gb iPhone 6 unlocked from Apple 18 months ago
    It has developed a "no service"problem this comes up where the carrier details are normally
    It rights itself sometimes with and sometimes without a reset
    Phone is in a case and well looked after from day 1
    Q.1 Am I out of warranty ?
    Q.2 Who/where do I go for a repair ?

Sorry for the questions but I couldn't follow exactly the ins and outs of the previous pages due to people's comments on the op's being in or out of contract
    I bought my phone outright from Apple
    Thanks

Does this happens with other SIM cards or only your current network ? If the answer is yes then send it back to Apple. Don't worry about the out of warranty nonsense if it's a hardware issue and no fault of yours then Apple are obliged to replace it under the sale of goods act.

Does this happens with other SIM cards or only your current network ? If the answer is yes then send it back to Apple. Don't worry about the out of warranty nonsense if it's a hardware issue and no fault of yours then Apple are obliged to replace it under the sale of goods act.

Ya swapped out the sim tray & card with another phone and same deal
    Thanks

guil wrote: »
    What network are you using it on?
    Emobile

Advertisement