Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuam and bypass

Options
  • 13-03-2016 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Will Tuam boom now with this bypass soon to be finished. Hopefully we might see some of the big retailers coming to tuam. As a blow in to the area well 10 years I see a lot going for it, a great park close proximity to town a fine cathedral loads of good pubs and restaurants and its close proximity to Galway city which is an expensive city to buy a house in. Tuam has its knockers and a lot of these have never even set foot in the place. But I don't see it been any worse than any town of its size in Ireland ( antisocial behaviour ) or is that I just don't see it ,whats your opinion on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Tuam has a lot going for and compared to other similar towns such as Ballinasloe, it appears to be on the up.

The motorway should build on this.... here's hoping because as a blowin myself I am quite fond of the town

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Speaking of Ballinasloe, look how well that's doing since the motorway was opened, or not as the case may be. Most of the traffic isn't going through the centre of Tuam anyway so I fail to see how this new bypass is going to make a blind bit of difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

flazio wrote: »
    Speaking of Ballinasloe, look how well that's doing since the motorway was opened, or not as the case may be. Most of the traffic isn't going through the centre of Tuam anyway so I fail to see how this new bypass is going to make a blind bit of difference.

It might make Tuam more accessible given that you will be able to get there quicker from the city. It won't take as long to commute. So house prices might increase and the empty houses might sell. Then there will be a bigger population and thus an increase/improvement in a commercial sense in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

flazio wrote: »
    Tuam is a mess for traffic now. The N17 is adding a good half an hour on to people's journeys through Tuam during peaks hours.

Sometimes I'll shop in supervalu over lidl just because lidl is a pain in the hole to get to and get out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Getting out of Lidl to head back in to town is horrible. It's easier to the join the traffic heading out of town and do a u-turn at Fahy flooring and join the traffic again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 galwayreader

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Tuam has a lot going for and compared to other similar towns such as Ballinasloe, it appears to be on the up.

The motorway should build on this.... here's hoping because as a blowin myself I am quite fond of the town
    I agree, for the first time in years Tuam seems on the up. Not sure motorway will help but there is a buzz around probably due to huge valeo factory.

Advertisement