Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st year hairdressing apprentice wage

Options
  • 14-03-2016 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Does anyone know what the current 1st year apprentice hairdresser wage is in Dublin for someone over 18?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Probably around 300-350 a week gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ekes

Probably around 300-350 a week gross.

Really? That's not bad I read somewhere that the 1st year rate was 6.49 per hour but wasn't sure if that was out of date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

If it's anything like construction apprenticeships you're talking €200 give or take a week. Shocking money to be starting out on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I remember getting the pricey sum of E183 starting off (not hairdressing) at the height of the boom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I remember getting the pricey sum of E183 starting off (not hairdressing) at the height of the boom

Think I was €202 as an apprentice electrician and that was the highest or 2nd highest paid apprenticeship :rolleyes:

Found this for hairdressing but seems a little out of date

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2007/si/505/made/en/print

€273.70 per week

There's probably something more up to date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ekes wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the current 1st year apprentice hairdresser wage is in Dublin for someone over 18?

How many years of paid work (any work) have they completed since turning 18?

Being over 18 is irrelevant if you've never worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ekes

Thanks everyone, I was enquiring for myself I have worked since I was 16 and I am 27 now and have completed a degree and masters but nothing related to hairdressing so I'd be starting from scratch.

Advertisement