Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if an examiner loses the scripts?

Options
  • 14-03-2016 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Well? Im sure its happened in the past? Is there some procedure theyre meant to follow? Just curious:cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,190 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you mean SEC scripts, it cannot happen if procedures are followed, barring some outrageous event such as that below.

If, for example, an examiner's car burst into flames on the motorway on the way back from collecting the papers in Athlone, I suppose the procedure would be to contact Cornamaddy and they will work out some way to manage it so that the candidates are not disadvantaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Has this ever happened though?

If the student can't do any assessment which will determine points after the script has been lost, even theoretically - would the exam commission have the power to assign a projected grade?

What happens if all scripts for the student are destroyed or lost?

I can't think of any way to compensate but contacting maybe the principle and other authority of student's school and doing a recommendation to see what type of student he/she is (with the honesty of course of the authority) but even that will be a burden over the summer.

Just asking theorically because I'm sure the commission hasn't planned this far ahead.

I'm curious also!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,190 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I don't think it has ever happened. As I said, if people do what they are told, it can't happen.

You could not lose all the scripts for one particular student as they would be in upwards of six different bags.

There is very little the Commission has not planned for. I would expect if the fictitious fire happened on the motorway, they would firstly contact the school involved and speak to the teachers. The option of the class sitting a backup paper would be open to them, I suppose.

You could email them and ask.

info@examinations.ie

Advertisement