Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern NSW house sitting

Options
  • 14-03-2016 6:12am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

When we travel over to Ireland we usually have to arrange for friends to look in occasionally to see if the house is OK. We are able to pay the bills and check the power when away. Still always feel a bit nervous leaving the place empty for a couple of months. I am about to install a camera system which I can access online.

Am wondering if it would be practical to see if someone visiting would be interested in staying for that sort of period. Not looking to make any profit but just cover the utilities etc. The house is solar with batteries, so only connection charges. There is water which is minimal, and Phone/Internet.

Would have to be non-smokers and someone trustworthy etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

How far north are you again? I might know of somebody.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Between Lismore & Byron

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

I wouldn't sell it as housesitting, because any housesitters I know actually get paid a small fee - I don't understand that myself, but, what you are looking at is more a short term letting. It is a great idea though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Not a letting as such.

I know that there is a fee for Pet Sitting.

Will probably just have friends keep an eye out (like Nelson)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I PM'd you CS if you are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

CabanSail wrote: »
    Not a letting as such.

I know that there is a fee for Pet Sitting.

Will probably just have friends keep an eye out (like Nelson)

I am too long in the Lower North Shore now, people get paid for sitting around in lovely houses with pools and all sorts just so that people are there......

Advertisement