Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The coombe hospital

Options
  • 14-03-2016 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Herself is due in the next few weeks and just routing myself with emergency routes and parking ideas :)

I remember with the last little fella due when I was parking at the Coombe was quite expensive but the odd time I could park outside when space on the cobble block beside the footpath at the railings of the main gate, is this still the case that you can park there or will they clamp me there now these days??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Parking in the coombe is 2.50euro covering the first 3 hours, then 5.00euro each hour after that and i think the max is 25.00 per day.There is very limited parking on the opposite side of the street, with the nearby side streets your next option.
    If you are going to or have to park on the street it would be best to have the "Park by Text" app. It will save you having to worry about running out to feed the meter.
    I don't remember seeing any available space near the railings since the street was widened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

info13 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Herself is due in the next few weeks and just routing myself with emergency routes and parking ideas :)

I remember with the last little fella due when I was parking at the Coombe was quite expensive but the odd time I could park outside when space on the cobble block beside the footpath at the railings of the main gate, is this still the case that you can park there or will they clamp me there now these days??

I'm attending thr Coombe and did so on my last pregnancy. I think a deal is available for the day of labour and delivery- a max charge of something, maybe ask at the next appointment.
    They clamp a lot around there now. If you want you could always go to the Lidl car park further down the street. It's free and I go there if the car park is full when I'm going for an ante natal appointment. It's a short walk back to the Coombe for you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Hi if your partner is being kept in the lads at the desk give u a rate for the day. Think its in or around 8 quid, maybe someone can confirm. I was kept in 3 days when I had my baby back in August and my partner had a special parking rate.
    Also if it is an emergency, we were told in antenatal classes to drive in the entrance at the left where the ambulance drive and park at the front door and give security your keys and they will move the car for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

My partner said the lads in security are ok about giving the special daily rate if your gf/wife has been kept in. Just explain situation to them. Because I think officially it is only meant to be for the day of labour

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭info13

Have a look at the picture attached here from Google maps I used to park up here for hours on end with no charge have they removed this now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

info13 wrote:
    Have a look at the picture attached here from Google maps I used to park up here for hours on end with no charge have they removed this now?

Any time I've been there recently there has been cars parked in the same spot. I've never seen a free spot. No idea of they clamp there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I'm pretty sure it was free for the labour? Or a very reduced rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

bovril wrote: »
    Any time I've been there recently there has been cars parked in the same spot. I've never seen a free spot. No idea of they clamp there.

Those spaces are always always full. I was there yesteday for an ante natal appointment and took note of the parking situation. Those spaces outside were full as always and there may have been a space available on the street further down on the left hand side but thats always going to be hit and miss.

When the time comes to take your wife to the hospital and if there are no spaces the security guards will help you out. They're more than used to dealing with such problems I'd imagine. I've always found them to be very helpful and nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I passed by yesterday as well and that area was full of cars, I wouldn't br depending on it for a space.
    Go with the suggestion above, in through the main gate and see the security staff.
    Best wishes, hope all goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'd do what others suggest and leave your keys with the security lad if you can't find a spot on the day. The day I was coming home from the hospital my partner couldn't get a space and they just let him park in the staff area while he collected me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement