Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to find all the bus routes in my area?

• 14-03-2016 9:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭

I live on Camden St in Dublin 2, is there a list of routes that service the area?

Will help in my job search ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I live on Camden St in Dublin 2, is there a list of routes that service the area?

Here you go:

Routes 9, 14, 15, 15a, 15b, 16, 44, 61, 65, 65b, 68/a, 83/a, 122, 140, 142

If you click on the individual timetables page on the link below there is a button on each timetable page showing "view on map" which will give you an idea of where the route goes.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Asking lxflyer is the only reliable way.

Download the national journey planner app, use the national journey planner at www.a-b.ie and use google maps - all of the bus routes and timetables are loaded onto those along with other modes.

syklops wrote: »
    Asking Ixflyer is the only reliable way.

And it's LXFlyer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

lxflyer wrote: »
    I concur with this list.

There are a small number of Bus Éireann services that use South Circular Road.

Otherwise the nearest routes are Clanbrassil Street/Patrick Street/Kevin Street or Leeson Street / St. Stephen's Green.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

Thanks all. I actually found quiet by accident that Google maps give a list of all the buses that stop at each busstop when I was trying to send a friend the location of the air coach bus stop last night.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I forgot, you also have the Luas Green Line nearby. :)
    Thanks all. I actually found quiet by accident that Google maps give a list of all the buses that stop at each busstop
    This can be slightly hit or miss, e.g. with the 3 inbound stops at the Bleeding Horse each serving different routes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

And it's LXFlyer

this has genuinely blown my tiny mind. All these years I've been thinking its ixflyer

Dodge wrote: »
    this has genuinely blown my tiny mind. All these years I've been thinking its ixflyer
    I'm a semi-regular LX flyer. Nothing more complicated than that!

If that doesn't make sense - use google!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,766 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

TfL provides spider bus maps for every district.

They are good.

There are some for Dublin, but not as detailed or comprehensive as London.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Here you go:

If you click on the individual timetables page on the link below there is a button on each timetable page showing "view on map" which will give you an idea of where the route goes.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/

The 150,27,151,56a & 77A serve the stop opposite Kevin st Garda station outbound

Geuze wrote: »
    TfL provides spider bus maps for every district.

They are good.

There are some for Dublin, but not as detailed or comprehensive as London.

Those maps are in some cases out of date unfortunately.

Advertisement