Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sent money to wrong paypal account

Options
  • 14-03-2016 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

hi , i sent money from my BOI current account to Paypal last Friday .
    i was checking this morning on paypal and discovered that they've changed their bank details - how will i be able to stop the transfer , and send the money to the correct account ?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

jamesieliz wrote: »
    hi , i sent money from my BOI current account to Paypal last Friday .
    i was checking this morning on paypal and discovered that they've changed their bank details - how will i be able to stop the transfer , and send the money to the correct account ?
    thanks
    Hi jamesieliz,

Thanks for getting in touch.

As the funds would have reached the payee account the next banking day, it will not be possible to reverse the transfer. You would need to check with PayPal, if the account you have sent the funds to is still opened and if they can have your transfer redirected. If the account was closed, the payment will reject back to your account. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement