Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chickenpox Vaccine

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sareer

ted1 wrote: »
    That's the way it's bought up and in fact only head about the vaccine recently

Same here. I was talking to a creche manager about the benefits of sending children into creches, including getting their share of the typical childhood diseases like chicken pox and she just stared at me with an open mouth and rambled on about vaccination - taking ME by surprise! I had no idea there is a vaccine and now it is too late anyway as my son caught chicken pox recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

bovril wrote: »
    You were lucky so. You're entitled to your opinion but you should look at some of the not so minor doses of chickenpox before making a decision on the vaccine. Chickenpox can have some very serious effects. It's not something I was willing to take a risk on personally.

I got a serious dose of it when I was a child and almost ended up in hospital. Even now, all these years later, its still one of the worst things I ever remember going through. I don't want my kids to have to get that sick if it can be avoided.
    I'm in France, and I get the impression it's less talked about over here.
    It seems to be considered as one of those diseases that you should get as a child.

..........again should you get it if it can make you that sick?:confused:

I think it comes down to a personal choice and experience. I was horrificially sick with it, my brother had it and it hardly cost him a seconds thought. I got measels and was fine, he ended up in Temple Street. Different kids react different ways to different diseases.

Advertisement