Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sauna / Steam

Options
  • 14-03-2016 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Excuse the ignorance but I'm originally from Killarney where there's an abundance of hotels - you can pop into most of these hotels without a membership and pay €10/15 to use the pool/sauna/steam facilities

Had a lot of training this week after coming back from an injury so figure a swim, sauna, steam would be a great rememdy for the aches but I rang around and pretty much every hotel in Cork or place that I know of that would have the leisure facilities stated that I'd need to be with a member, there was no allowance for walk ins or one off payments.

Just wondering if anybody knows of a place that allows walk ins or has a recommendation for the best facilities? I'll most likely buy passes for future use as I'm a member of Dennehys so won't be getting full membership in a hotel which work out more expensive.

Would appreciate some suggestions, passes are obviously the solution but wouldn't mind a conversation on where's best to go & if you can do walk ins in certain places I may have left out etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Leisureworld is pay as you go, they have a sauna, perhaps a steam room too, I can't remember.

Other than that in terms of hotels, I know the Carrigaline Court Hotel will allow non-members, but the location may not suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Was only looking for this the either day would love a sauna and steam room. Came across one for gay people that was it...

You could ask the Kinglsey if they do it, they have a fab set up..Sauna, steam rooms around 3 different one

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Milly33 wrote: »
    Was only looking for this the either day would love a sauna and steam room. Came across one for gay people that was it...

You could ask the Kinglsey if they do it, they have a fab set up..Sauna, steam rooms around 3 different one
    Kingsley needs membership too I rang in

In fairness it was Sunday when I rang so a few of the staff said - it's quiet, call away in sure and we could leave you in for the guest fee but the thing is that won't work during the week / all the time.

Looking at membership for hotels too - fairly high prices. Not sure I could justify that much when I'm barely getting use out of my current one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ah no what a shame it really is a nice set up there.... I did look around now after going to them and could not find any like that, that you could drop in...

Ill keep you in mind if I do hear of one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I'm from Killarney myself, so I know what you mean. No Towers in Cork :)

Leisureworld in Bishopstown do pay as you go. Bit out of the city. The one in Churchfield may do pay as you go also, but could be busy and not very relaxing. Maybe try the Maldron and Montenotte hotel, they have very cheap short term member rates going a lot of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Pop up some times that suit and im sure a few boardsies who are members will help out. I go to the oriel in ballincollig and if im going some day that suits i could bring you in with me as a guest. Think its about €12 tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Did you contact the Escape Spa in the Imperial Hotel. They do not have a swimming pool but have a sauna/steam room to the best of my knowledge.

Advertisement