Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auctioneer recommendations

Options
  • 14-03-2016 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

Could anyone advise me on which of the local firms I should select for a house sake or is there much difference bar personalities of the staff😊😊

Off the top of my head there are about 10/11 to choose from as follows:

Halley grace
    Purcell
    O Shea and O Toole
    Remax
    Book a room ( or do they just do let rings)
    Thomas Reid
    William Quinlan
    Hutchinson
    Barry Murphy
    Brophy and someone
    John Rohan

And probably half a dozen more I've left out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I haven't sold a home here but when I was buying a home some auctioneers were very good with providing lists of property for sale and keeping me updated on developments but the worst by far was Halley Grace.

In the end we bought our home through Pat Connolly, this was a while back and we had moved into our home in under a month from first viewing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Could anyone advise me on which of the local firms I should select for a house sake or is there much difference bar personalities of the staff😊😊

Halley grace
    Purcell
    O Shea and O Toole
    Remax
    Thomas Reid
    William Quinlan
    Hutchinson
    Barry Murphy
    Brophy and someone
    John Rohan

Margaret Fogarty in Remax is very good.
    Regina Mangan (Liberty Blue - Bookaroom) is also excellent.
    Barry Murphy is very enthusiastic

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Halley grace
    Purcell
    O Shea and O Toole
    Remax
    Thomas Reid
    William Quinlan
    Hutchinson
    Barry Murphy
    Brophy and someone
    John Rohan

I have heard good things about Hutchinson's and William Quinlan from Family members whom had sales in the past few months.

Bookaroom appear to have rebranded themselves as Liberty Blue Estate Agents - I have no experience of sales with them but have a search on boards for bookaroom and after reading all the various threads I am guessing you will form an opinion of them quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭deise blue

Jambo wrote: »
    I have heard good things about Hutchinson's and William Quinlan from Family members whom had sales in the past few months.

Bookaroom appear to have rebranded themselves as Liberty Blue Estate Agents - I have no experience of sales with them but have a search on boards for bookaroom and after reading all the various threads I am guessing you will form an opinion of them quite quickly.

Margaret Fogarty of Remax is excellent.

Having had dealings with Bookaroom when letting a house prior to selling same through Remax I wouldn't touch them with a forty foot pole!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Bought a house a few years ago and I found that Fogarty's/Remax and Barry Murphy really stood out as being proactive, and also nice people to deal with. We also had good experiences with the Palmers and some of the O'Shea O'Toole people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

Halley grace
    Purcell
    O Shea and O Toole
    Remax
    Thomas Reid
    William Quinlan
    Hutchinson
    Barry Murphy
    Brophy and someone
    John Rohan

I've had a few dealings with Manor Properties over the years, very happy with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Ennis Gough are over in Ferrybank but deal with all of Waterford. They were fantastic to deal with.

Michael Guiry was appalling. Never returned phonecalls etc.

Advertisement