Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA mentor Fees

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

The 2 things need to be considered separately IMO. Do you want to be a member of the club? Then you decide to pay the membership fee. Do you want to voluntarily give your time to coach teams? Then you decide to give your time. If you are only giving your time so that you can avoid paying membership then there's a real contradiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

TallGlass wrote: »
    Listen, if you giving up time for your local club your fees should be waved.

That's not viable. Not just in the GAA. Any sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

ProudDUB wrote: »
    The GAA are stupid scam artists.

I need to stop being ridiculous and chill the hell out.

But you aren't insulting anyone?

Okey dokey then.

You are just taking the piss now & pushing buttons to get a reaction.

Sorry to disappoint you.

I'm out.

Listen. I didn't mean to come across as insulting to you and I am sorry if I did. That's all I will say also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭Paulzx

I don't see the issue here. I'm a mentor in my club. I pay a non playing membership fee in order to be a member of the club. This entitles me to use the facilities, vote at agm's and train a juvenile team. I train the team because I enjoy doing it and I'm willing to ignore or disregard what other people might regard as the inconvieniences that go along with this.

Having financial trouble paying your fees is a valid worry and should be addressed by speaking to the powers that be in your club.

However, expecting to not pay any fees (as some people seem to advocate) just because you are giving up your time is a ridiculous and unsustainable option for any club

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Waiving memberships for volunteers would break clubs, where do you stop is it just for coaches or do the people spending hours getting pitches ready or attending county board meetings and so on get it too. But reading the comments here Croke Park needs to set a membership range that clubs need to stick within. There seems to be a massive difference from club to club

• Advertisement
Advertisement