Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deise Greenway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I see a SF councillor wants to charge €5 for parking for those using the Greenway . For feck sake - its bringing in huge amounts of tourists and business is thriving. Leave it off for once

That'll only encourage people to park any old where at all, unsafe bends in the road, farm gates, house entrances, etc. to avoid the charge.

TBH I don't think the revenue generated would pay to enforce it full time, not to mind the cost of installing and maintaining ticket machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Thought I heard someone from the council on WLR last week say that this will not be happening

What they do need badly are bike bells and doggie poop bags. A lovely amenity is being ruined by inconsiderate cyclists and dog owners. Cop on folks. Ye aren’t the only ones using the greenway.

Advertisement