Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

They don't looked cooked...

Gnocchi looks like chicken nuggets....

I can't see any sauce?

Chris on the top of the bus que at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Chris' dish sounded good but didn't live up to it.

• Advertisement

Will the gimmick work?

Looks a bit like oatmeal, I hope it tastes nice...

Love the taste and smell of Earl Grey...

Liver and onions. No thanks.

There's a book in that dessert....

• Advertisement

Liver and onions. No thanks.

Love liver and onions....:D

I think Chris will go through..

I'd give Earl Grey man a pass too....

Ah now.....Julie....

Mr Liver man gone I think?

I thought Julie was on her way out 40 minutes ago now she's in the quarter final. Glad Chris got through.

I thought Julie was on her way out 40 minutes ago now she's in the quarter final. Glad Chris got through.

I'd have had her on the bus after the fish and the horrible skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Can only think that leaving Julie in is a sop to mammy viewers. No one who can't sear a steak should get past round one! Her menus were like 1970's "fine dining".

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

As usual, posting while catching up.... so haven't checked any previous posts.

First reaction - WTF is Yanique (or whatever her name is) doing whinging about "I really didn't want to have to cook again" - YOU ENTERED A BLOODY COOKERY COMPETITION!!!

(aha, she's changed her tune now that the possibility of eviction has reared its head!!)

Round 2 - three finalists from last year - the only one I recognise is yer man with the mad moustache! Hoping they're a bit more familiar when they actually talk.... I swear, I think Alzheimers is setting in here!

oh lads.... "I'm quite confident in my gnocchi".... are they setting him up for an almighty fall??

hah, didn't take long for the sous vide to appear.... :D

Harumph... I see John STILL hasn't yet been to me/I grammar classes :mad:

Steaks.... do you not need to rest them? (bearing in mind I've never managed anything other than to convert steak to shoe leather) - and what's all that about "cooked to order", not much ordering done as far as I can see :confused: Also, four steaks in one pan? Even I (through my fog of ignorance/incompetence) would know that that's a recipe for disaster!

Oh holy God, that gnocchi dish :eek:

Salmon looks awful.... what a shocking waste of nice cuts of fish! But they seem awfully impressed by his dessert... rice pudding, yuck! He's a bit.... odd?

That liver dish.... I'm a huge fan of the smell and idea of liver, but the texture - euwwww! Used to be my staple diet as a kid, dunno when that changed, but I can't abide it now! Shame his dish didn't work, could have been a big winner.

Hmmm, hard to know who should/will go.......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Unfair on Joe, my sister was joking about how it looks after two episodes with the first coloured contestant gone and now the old man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Joe was 15 minutes late. Did that count against him ? His food looked better tho.

Gawd, only 3 through.... that was harsh!

Poor Kai, well that was never going to happen.

Katie I was sure would slip through, and I think it's a bit rough that she didn't - she did so well in the first round and for the critics.

Between the two other guys, I was a bit meh... neither terribly exciting.

The obligatory Mammy is through - and I think if she gets her presentation skills up to scratch she could go far.

How far will the dessert girl get before a savoury/main does for her???

Good week all round, looking forward to next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭tinpib

Nice fix of scahdenfreude there with Cae, thought he was stuck up, arrogant and no fun at all. Was roaring laughing at him panicking. Felt a bit sorry after he was eliminated though.

I think it's unfair on Julie saying that she is the obligatory Mammy. Already her presentation has come on in leaps and bounds and they do love to see improvement.

Agree that the other girl was unlucky not to get through.

Greg seems in good form this year. Flirting away

John Torode looks like he has aged a decade.

Couldn't believe it was almost a year when we saw the 3 finalists from last year in the heat during the week.

Great show as always, looking forward to next week.

tinpib wrote: »

I think it's unfair on Julie saying that she is the obligatory Mammy. Already her presentation has come on in leaps and bounds and they do love to see improvement.

Ah, that was meant more tongue in cheek than anything else... she literally could be the Mammy of any of the other contestants! (Except Joe, obviously :D ). I wish her the best of luck.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Ah, that was meant more tongue in cheek than anything else... she literally could be the Mammy of any of the other contestants! (Except Joe, obviously :D ). I wish her the best of luck.

We always have the Mammy HH!..:D

Wasn't online but watched the last two.......Ah, poor Welsh grandad, I loved him!....

Looking forward to this evening.....:)

Call me pedantic but I don't like anyone wearing jewellery cooking raw fish or pastry etc.... :(

The egg truffle looks good.....

Liver all the way.....

It's like Moby Dick liver........

In fairness, Fran's looked like mush on the plate......

More livers??....

It's like being a castaway on this thread............

• Advertisement

Car crash unfortunately......

Advertisement