Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK 2016

Options

Comments

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    So..... what exactly is the difference between a raviolo that's closed and one that's open?

Cos Marcus clearly thinks they're a world apart :confused:

If the ravioli opens during poaching water gets in the filling. Bad.

If it is designed to be open (stupid idea in my opinion) the filling is kept apart.

They're in professional kitchens tonight, that should separate the good cooks from the very good cooks.

While good tv, putting home cooks into restaurant kitchens for judging is unfair.
    There is years of training before a chef does this kind of work, learning to cope with pressure, timing, and my god the HEAT

Ah so disappointed Pedro went :( I thought he was great.

I don't know what it is about Annie but I can't warm to her.

Pedro is a pretty boy, Annie is a pretty girl. I get it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Pedro is a pretty boy, Annie is a pretty girl. I get it ;)

Huh :confused: What are you "getting" from the single post I've posted in this thread? I think there are/have been far prettier female contestants than Annie on this series and I've liked them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I don't know what it is about Annie but I can't warm to her.

This makes me a bad person but I suspect I can't warm to Annie because her face is like a weird rigid mask and even though she seems friendly, I just can't build a connection! Like I'm watching a cartoon character and not a real person. :o

Thought I wouldn't be against Annie winning the competition if it wasn't for Juanita.
    I think there are/have been far prettier female contestants than Annie on this series and I've liked them.

It does seem like Gregg gets a bit too.. er... admiring over some contestants, always of the female persuasion. :P
    Maybe it's just me! It's probably just me... I find Gregg creepy and irritating so there's my bias!

• Advertisement

Huh :confused: What are you "getting" from the single post I've posted in this thread? I think there are/have been far prettier female contestants than Annie on this series and I've liked them.

It was an (apparently failed) attempt at levity. :o

It does seem like Gregg gets a bit too.. er... admiring over some contestants, always of the female persuasion. :P
    Maybe it's just me! It's probably just me... I find Gregg creepy and irritating so there's my bias!

I enjoy Greg on the show but he IS a creep! I've read several interviews with him over the years where he's boasted about how his "fame" helps him bag younger attractive women. You just need to look at his track record to get an idea.
    It was an (apparently failed) attempt at levity. :o

Oh sorry...impossible to interpret tone over text at times :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Annie reminds me of someone who's partially sighted. If I didn't know otherwise (and I don't, in fairness) I'd suspect she was partly blind.

And describing herself as an actress seems to be a bit much, on IMDB she has a whole ONE credit! (I've now forgotten what her surname is, so can't provide a link, but it was shown on her midnight feast box the other night so I googled her!)

I agree she has an odd manner about her (I'm sure people probably say that about me, though :D) - I still fancy her for the title though.

But Up Juanita!!

Hould on a minute here now......

Just how many main courses (ie savoury) has Natasha cooked in the course of the series so far??? Am I right in thinking that she also got a dessert in the professional kitchen? (I might be completely wrong in that, and I've deleted the recording so can't check - but I'm sure it was her with the uncooked chocolate cakes?)

She's cooking ANOTHER dessert tonight..... can you actually get all the way through MC on a diet of desserts? :confused:

Hould on a minute here now......

Just how many main courses (ie savoury) has Natasha cooked in the course of the series so far??? Am I right in thinking that she also got a dessert in the professional kitchen? (I might be completely wrong in that, and I've deleted the recording so can't check - but I'm sure it was her with the uncooked chocolate cakes?)

She's cooking ANOTHER dessert tonight..... can you actually get all the way through MC on a diet of desserts? :confused:

I don't actually remember any non-dessert dishes from Natasha.

• Advertisement

Why do they keep pouring sauce over bits of the dishes that are meant to be crispy?

They did it with the brownie (having banged on about how it should be crispy on top) and now they've just poured gravy over Stuart's bonbon, which looked just delicious but will presumably turn into mush now it's soaked in liquid.....

Too many dishes here - by the time we get to the end, I'll need reminding of the dishes that were first!

Clearly not :D

Too much cauliflower, then too beige, then too much mushroom, and Natasha's "warm" caramel sauce looked too thick and gloopy.

Not very good dishes this time. I wonder if the judges are being extra picky today or all the cooks are having a bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭tinpib

Hmm, Natasha sticking with dessert. If she doesn't nail it she will be gonzo I'd say. She needs to show another side I think.

Hon Liz! Nailed it. Happy for her.

Bit harsh on Juanita? But thought it looked very dry and not too appealing. Still think she will have done enough.

Not great from Billy, have been expecting him to step on a landmine every episode though.

Ooh, Natasha. Could be in danger here.

Stewie, another one who needs to nail it I feel. John very direct there.

Nice one Janey-Love!

Maybe Jen/Billy/Natasha in the firing line.

Will go with Natasha because she always goes with desserts and hasn't shown anything else.

Boom!

I think Liz/Juanita and Jack probably the stand-outs with Jane improving all the time, would be great if she went on to win it.

So 8 down to 6 next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Doesn't really seem to be a standout entrant or two this year. They have all had their weak dishes. Seems wide open to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Finally caught up on last week, not surprised by any of those who have gone. Looking forward to this week and maybe actually watching it this week!

Catching up now.

Oh my goodness, the blue team had a shocker there with the relay test :eek:

How any of them ever manage it, mind you, is completely beyond me! Red team did brilliantly, fair play to 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Catching up now.

Oh my goodness, the blue team had a shocker there with the relay test :eek:

How any of them ever manage it, mind you, is completely beyond me! Red team did brilliantly, fair play to 'em.

I really enjoyed that episode. I think the problem with the blue team was Jane starting, they should have picked Juanita, then the guy, then the actress and ended on Jane (can't remember names, it's been a long day).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭tinpib

That was very impressive by the red team alright.

Billy is funny when he has a meltdown :)

But he was left with some mess in fairness.

According to radio time TV listings online it is not on tomorrow even though the voice over at the end says it is, so must be a late change of schedule? Unusual for the BBC to have a mistake like that in the show?

tinpib wrote: »

According to radio time TV listings online it is not on tomorrow even though the voice over at the end says it is, so must be a late change of schedule? Unusual for the BBC to have a mistake like that in the show?

They made the same mistake last week.... The narrator obviously just does a standard closing statement unaware of the scheduling of episodes.. The continuity announcer corrected it both times..

I just hope Juanita survives that disaster!

• Advertisement

Monday's episode failed to record for me. Was it not on last night? Nothing recorded then either!

Has anyone been kicked off this week so far?

Nope, they had the relay challenge on Monday, and one team made a total bags of it, one did fairly brilliantly.

Nobody kicked out, but half of them now have target signs on their heads!

No show last night.

Gawd almighty, it looks bloody freezing out there :eek:

The fishy team fairly gave themselves a challenge......

How is Billy still alive, never mind still in the competition??? :eek: He's a fecking disaster area!

Every time I see them doing a gazillion tortellinis, I can feel my back twanging!

Juanita on the losing team again :mad: (unless they pull some sort of miracle out of the bag!)

I can soooo identify with the "hungry sailors" thing - there is NO hunger like when you've been out in the sea air - you'd eat the dish, never mind what's in it. Or the table!

Mmmm, that chicken dinner sounds YUMMMM!

LOL at the "thought that was a starter"!!!

The didn't cater for their audience with their portion sizes :D

Cod tongues, with fishhead sauce :eek::eek::eek:

Were there no chicken bits left over? :confused:

• Advertisement

Awwww... really thought Liz was for the chop there.

That was close.

I've a feeling she may not have been quite so gracious in defeat!

Advertisement