Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home brew Cider flavouring

Options
  • 14-03-2016 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I am new to home brewing and have just purchased my starter kit.

A friend of mine is very fond of this particular type of cider which is vanilla and cinnamon flavored, made by Rekorderlig.

I had an idea that I could buy a standard Cider kit and add maybe some vanilla pods and some sticks of cinnamon to replicate somewhat the same thing.

Has anyone had any experience doing infusion with flavoring like this? If not with cider even with beer, would be interesting to hear what part of the process infusion could be done.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'd say you'd have trouble replicating it exactly since commercial producers probably use some heavy duty industrial flavour extracts to get the effect. But infusing with real cinnamon and vanilla should work. My advice would be to let the batch ferment out then split it into smaller demijohns and experiment with different amounts of flavourings in each to see what works. Boil the additives in a small amount of water to sanitise before adding them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭paruss100

Hi thanks for your answer, good idea about splitting it out for experimentation will probably try that.

Yes doubt it will be very close to what I am trying to replicate but I might get lucky and make it even better!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Advertisement