Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry's at the Square

Options
  • 14-03-2016 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

Is the cafe at the square Barry's still open? Was in town a few days last week & shutters were down. Hate to see it go, only place in town that i know where you can get a salad that will actually fill you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bob2oo7

LCD wrote: »
    Is the cafe at the square Barry's still open? Was in town a few days last week & shutters were down. Hate to see it go, only place in town that i know where you can get a salad that will actually fill you

Say it ain't so

Best sandwiches in town by far... and best price too

Was there 2 Saturday's ago and it was closed.... was hoping he was just on holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Was getting my hair cut across the square Saturday & apparently Barry has a leg issue, aggravated by standing all day. Hence he had to shut up shop. No where else that I can think like it, good food, nice relaxed atmosphere. Coffee Time around the corner does great coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

That's a big pity - he's a fierce nice chap and it was a great cafe. Hope his leg problem gets sorted...

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bob2oo7

Noooooooooo

That's crap

Wish him well

A good Dundalk Fan too. Spotted him in Inchacore on Thursday but wasn't the time or place to be asking him about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Walked past Barrys today & noticed shutters up. Had a nosey in the window & place was being redecorated. Possibly reopening, different management?

Hope Barry himself is recovering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Where exactly was this place? Never heard of Barry's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Where exactly was this place? Never heard of Barry's.

Across from the fountain at the square. On the stretch between vodafone and earl street. Its a funny ole area that alright. Prime spot but u never really notice any of the shops along there cause I guess your vision is drawn left as u drive round.

Advertisement