Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channels not getting listed in Searches - VU+Solo2 with OpenVIX

Options
  • 14-03-2016 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

I have a satellite dish system with the following setup

STB - VU+ Solo2 with OpenVIX
    Dish - Triax 1.2 mtr

While I am doing channel searches, many channels are not getting listed, like Travel Channel, Movies4Men, SKY news etc. Each time I search it finds / doesnt find some channels.

Signal Strength
    SNR:79%
    AGC:91%
    BER:0
    What could be the problem - Is it a problem with the LNB / Vu+Solo2 STB or the Dish Alignment?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭fintaneduffy

you should be getting a higher signal, at least high 80's to 90
    your dish may be a little out of allignment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Apogee

ITguru wrote: »
    I have a satellite dish system with the following setup

STB - VU+ Solo2 with OpenVIX
    Dish - Triax 1.2 mtr

While I am doing channel searches, many channels are not getting listed, like Travel Channel, Movies4Men, SKY news etc. Each time I search it finds / doesnt find some channels.

Signal Strength
    SNR:79%
    AGC:91%
    BER:0
    What could be the problem - Is it a problem with the LNB / Vu+Solo2 STB or the Dish Alignment?

Have you tried a manual transponder scan for the missing channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TestLink

Ya, I tried manual Scan as well. But the same results.Channels appearing and disappearing randomly !

Shall I change the LNB or realign the Dish? What LNB make would you suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Shall I change the LNB or realign the Dish? What LNB make would you suggest?

What kind of dish are you using, is it a sky dish or other, if other have you tried adjusting the skew of the lnb ...i.e twisting the lnb or moving it back or forth in the slider...

If your not using a sky dish and want to change the lnb I would highly recommend using an INVERTO range Lnb, find them to be the best on the market, never any problems at all. Also if you go into the info on the channel you are missing the picon for...write down the pid number of the channel..if you have the picon already simply rename it with the number and upload it back onto the box using an ftp client such as filezilla.

• Advertisement

I am using a Triax dish - 1.1 mtr. Also I am using an INVERTO LNB - Black Premium.

Just dont understand why are channels coming and going in each channel search?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I am using a Triax dish - 1.1 mtr. Also I am using an INVERTO LNB - Black Premium.

Just dont understand why are channels coming and going in each channel search?

Definetly either the dish is improperly aligned or the skew is off on the lnb twist the lnb slightly or move it back or forth and see does it improve...

inverto black premium fantastic lnb....never any issues with them.

Advertisement