Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birth Cert for Primary School Registration

Options
  • 14-03-2016 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for posters experience to save me ringing around schools with my query!

We don't want to send my daughter to the primary school in our catchment area so plan to apply for Sept '17 to four or five other schools in the locality. My query is will I need 4 or 5 original birth certs or would a copy/certified copy do? Do the schools hold onto the original for a period of time as I assume the enrolement periods for all the schools are similar?

I've seen schools have enrolement evenings so I wonder would they look at the original then and accept a copy to hold onto?

It'd cost me €80 to get 4 more original certs so avoiding that would be preferable!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hi, I'm looking for posters experience to save me ringing around schools with my query!

We don't want to send my daughter to the primary school in our catchment area so plan to apply for Sept '17 to four or five other schools in the locality. My query is will I need 4 or 5 original birth certs or would a copy/certified copy do? Do the schools hold onto the original for a period of time as I assume the enrolement periods for all the schools are similar?

I've seen schools have enrolement evenings so I wonder would they look at the original then and accept a copy to hold onto?

It'd cost me €80 to get 4 more original certs so avoiding that would be preferable!

Our school takes photocopies of the birth cert and returns immediately.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They don't keep them.
    Good Luck;)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Great, thanks a mil 👍👍

Advertisement