If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exclusive Boardie Top end AV Receiver and (Very top-end) Soundbar Promo

Options
  • 14-03-2016 2:23pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Guys,

I haven't done enough Boardie promos recently for you guys but here come 2 absolute scorchers!

1: Monitor Audio Sound-Bar

Monitor Audio ASB2B

It's not often that you see a soundbar that literally has everything AND looks really well built AND sounds amazing - but of course when you do see these all combined, the product normally costs a fortune!

We have secured a small amount of the Legendary Monitor Audio ASB2 Soundbar - yep, that's the one that What Hi-Fi gave a 5 start review to at £800, the one that is for sale in most Irish dealers at over €1000 and we are going to sell them as a Boardie exclusive at a silly price :)

They are really well equipped with 6 drivers including 2 * 5.5" Bass drivers - this bar really is HIFI!

The ASB2 also has Apple Airplay and Airplay direct, as well as its own App and DLNA compatibility - add in 3 HDMI inputs and 160Watts of amplification AND 2 digital inputs AND additional analogue inputs and you start to realise that this is a really serious piece of kit - but then we get to the price :)

The ASB2 launched at £850 - we currently sell it at £499 - which is an absolute bargain - we have a limited number that we can sell at £299.95!

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/asb-2-range/asb-2/

Next up :)

AV Receiver.

Another quality brand - another scorcher this time from Yamaha:

2: Yamaha Aventage RXA550

The RXA550 is the first in the line of Yamaha's top end prestige Aventage range, the RX-A550 is something special at its price, including full metal casing with aluminium front panel and even a fifth damping foot, helping give the RX-A550 its superb detail and resolution.

But whilst the emphasis is on quality with the RXA series - the 550 also has a great feature count, its Bluetooth, Apple Airplay, with built in Wi-Fi, DLNA and a dedicated Yamaha App for wireless audio streaming.

Add in Music-Cast and the RXA550 becomes a multi room hub - you can just add on Music-Cast speakers or amps and you have a truly great multi room system!

In terms of inputs the A550 is no slouch - it has 6 HDMI inputs including a HDCP2.2 ready input ( and output!)

?mode=model

The RXA550 is currently reduced to £499.95 but we are selling a limited quantity to Boardies at just £289.95 ( that's way cheaper than the lower range RXV679!) - you will see it close to €700 in most ROI dealers!

http://data.yamaha.jp/sdb/product/image/main/raw/r/rx-a550_black_g/41384548CE5540FC9587D1F015C55F5B_12073.jpg

If you would like to grab one of these please just drop us a line to sales@richersounds.ie with your Boardie name and contact details and we will get back to you to arrange delivery.

As ever thanks for checking in and please don't hesitate to drop us a line if we can assist in any way.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

So where are they :D?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Ah thought it might've been the sony 1060 from the hints you left in other threads...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Wow cracking deal on the Sound Bar. Need to see if Nichols Canyon wins today before I take the plunge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭deepimpact

Hi guys, I'll take one of those Yamahas.
    I'm in work at the moment, so I'm being a bit cheeky I know, but I can send an email tonight.

You couldn't pair it with a set of MA BX6s and give me a total price please?

Might aswell get a start on Project Mancave :)

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

scanlant wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'll take one of those Yamahas.
    I'm in work at the moment, so I'm being a bit cheeky I know, but I can send an email tonight.

You couldn't pair it with a set of MA BX6s and give me a total price please?

Might aswell get a start on Project Mancave :)
    Hi Scanlant, thanks for the post.

no probs, if you want to PM me your contact details I can get the order in the system for you

The BX6 are now finished unfortunately, the current model is the Bronze 6 - http://www.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=bronze%206 - at £699 
    If you wanted these with the Yamaha amp, I could do them all for you at £935

Cheers
    Brian

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

PCDub wrote: »
    Ah thought it might've been the sony 1060 from the hints you left in other threads...
    PCD,

I'd probably go for the RXA550 over the 1060 in terms of sound quality - the Sony has a great feature count and is a cracking AVR but if audio Q is the main issue than I'd prefer the RXA550 - especially at £299!

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Dammit if I wasn't working abroad for the next 3 years I'd be all over this deal. I've bought a few MA products off you and they are top class. Don't suppose you can hold the deal for me in 3 years time ;)! joking of course!

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Dammit if I wasn't working abroad for the next 3 years I'd be all over this deal. I've bought a few MA products off you and they are top class. Don't suppose you can hold the deal for me in 3 years time ;)! joking of course!
    Sorry Marcus, I couldn't hold one that long for you :P
    I agree, the monitor audio stuff really is top notch, very hard to beat.

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

I'll take the Monitor Audio ASB2B. :)

I'll take the Monitor Audio ASB2B. :)
    Have PM'd you BigGreen

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Darcy Dougal

Hi John / Brian

I sent an email to the address above earlier looking for one of the Monitor Audio soundbars and the price in €'s including delivery to Dublin

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Monitor Audio ASB2B

It's not often that you see a soundbar that literally has everything AND looks really well built AND sounds amazing - but of course when you do see these all combined, the product normally costs a fortune!

We have secured a small amount of the Legendary Monitor Audio ASB2 Soundbar - yep, that's the one that What Hi-Fi gave a 5 start review to at £800, the one that is for sale in most Irish dealers at over €1000 and we are going to sell them as a Boardie exclusive at a silly price smile.png

They are really well equipped with 6 drivers including 2 * 5.5" Bass drivers - this bar really is HIFI!

The ASB2 also has Apple Airplay and Airplay direct, as well as its own App and DLNA compatibility - add in 3 HDMI inputs and 160Watts of amplification AND 2 digital inputs AND additional analogue inputs and you start to realise that this is a really serious piece of kit - but then we get to the price smile.png

The ASB2 launched at £850 - we currently sell it at £499 - which is an absolute bargain - we have a limited number that we can sell at £299.95!

Hi John

Can I nab one of the soundbars please

Thanks
    Nyom

Monitor Audio ASB2B

We have secured a small amount of the Legendary Monitor Audio ASB2 Soundbar - yep, that's the one that What Hi-Fi gave a 5 start review to at £800, the one that is for sale in most Irish dealers at over €1000 and we are going to sell them as a Boardie exclusive at a silly price smile.png

The ASB2 also has Apple Airplay and Airplay direct, as well as its own App and DLNA compatibility - add in 3 HDMI inputs and 160Watts of amplification AND 2 digital inputs AND additional analogue inputs and you start to realise that this is a really serious piece of kit - but then we get to the price smile.png

Hi John

Can I nab one of the soundbars please

Thanks
    Nyom
    Cheers Nyom. If you want to PM me your contact number, or give us a call on 0044333 900 0070 and we'll get you sorted
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 21 barryleonard79

Brian,
    Just wondering are u planning any euro for pound paddys weekend deals as per previous years? Looking to get an AVR sub sat package. Thanks. 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Brian,
    Just wondering are u planning any euro for pound paddys weekend deals as per previous years? Looking to get an AVR sub sat package. Thanks. 
    Hi Barryleonard79.

I don't think so :(

Although you never know.

Are there any of the packs you have had your eye on?

There are already a good few packs listed on our .co.uk which are also available to order through ourselves for delivery. For some reason our .ie is having an issue with packages at present (We are looking into getting this corrected). Have a look over the link below and let me know if anything catches your eye:
    http://www.richersounds.com/products/home-cinema/home-cinema-separates/home-cinema-separates-bundle-deals

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Subadub

Hi, 
    I am potentially looking at upgrading my receiver...
    I'm currently using a Yamaha rxv 673 through Kef 3005 (?) series "egg" 5.1 setup...
    The 673 may take up residence in the attic cinema with a Boston Acoustic I bought from you goodselves some time ago IF I can grab a bargain upgrade at some point,.... Now this Yamaha looks like it could fit the bill: I'm not bothered about Atmos or other bells & whistles at the moment, i just want to be able to hear the difference in audio over and above my present system - which sounds sweet! The only issue I have at the moment is with the quality of stereo playback: being able to do justice to music playback is important to me, and I would only consider upgrading to the 550 if the benefit is apparent in both cinema 5,1 AND music stereo playback,., otherwise I may wait and see if I can grab a bargain later on in the year with something like a Sony 1060 or a Denon 2200, both of which have been lauded in reviews for both cinema and music playback... I'd appreciate ye're advice and comments, bearing in mind that - notwithstanding the great price on the Yamaha 550 - I am in no mad rush.., Thanks a lot, Subadub ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Hi,

Interested in the Yamaha receiver - could you suggest a pair of stand mount speakers to go with it? Might also consider floor standing speakers.

many thanks!

Pete.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Received the soundbar this morning, thanks for the prompt delivery! A+

Subadub wrote: »
    Hi, 
    I am potentially looking at upgrading my receiver...
    I'm currently using a Yamaha rxv 673 through Kef 3005 (?) series "egg" 5.1 setup...
    The 673 may take up residence in the attic cinema with a Boston Acoustic I bought from you goodselves some time ago IF I can grab a bargain upgrade at some point,.... Now this Yamaha looks like it could fit the bill: I'm not bothered about Atmos or other bells & whistles at the moment, i just want to be able to hear the difference in audio over and above my present system - which sounds sweet! The only issue I have at the moment is with the quality of stereo playback: being able to do justice to music playback is important to me, and I would only consider upgrading to the 550 if the benefit is apparent in both cinema 5,1 AND music stereo playback,., otherwise I may wait and see if I can grab a bargain later on in the year with something like a Sony 1060 or a Denon 2200, both of which have been lauded in reviews for both cinema and music playback... I'd appreciate ye're advice and comments, bearing in mind that - notwithstanding the great price on the Yamaha 550 - I am in no mad rush.., Thanks a lot, Subadub ;-)
    Hi Subadub.

I currently use a 673 myself and I think the upgrade to the RXA550 would be night and day.
    The 1060 and the 2200 did get very good reviews but in my opinion the 550 is a league above these. The 679 would be more on a par with them.

How close are you to the Belfast store? We could set up a few demos for you and let you hear them running? Sometimes it is hard to come to a conclusion without hear what your getting.

Let me know what you think.

Hi Pete.

There are many many stand mounts you could go for:

Have a look at the Monitor Audio Bronze 1 priced at £229.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12897-bronze-1-black.aspx?swapstore=1

We also have a special currently on the Q Acoustics 3000 series in the Black Leather.
    3010 normally retail at £179.00 we are offering at £139.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201176-3010-leather.aspx

3020 normal retail £249.00 we can offer at £189.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201181-3020-leather.aspx

On the floor standing front you could look a the 3050 normally priced at £649.00 now offering at £499.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201186-3050-leather.aspx

What sort of price range do you have on teh speakers and I can perhaps come up with some others if the ones above do not suit.

Any questions please ask.
    Pete67 wrote: »
    Hi,

Interested in the Yamaha receiver - could you suggest a pair of stand mount speakers to go with it? Might also consider floor standing speakers.

many thanks!

Pete.

• Advertisement

[Hi Kenny,
    Thanks for speedy reply!
    I'm based in Limerick, so demo not practical.. However, I'm willing to take guidance/advice, and considering you have a 673 yourself makes it easier...
    2 further questions, and then I'll mull it over for a day or so:
    How would you characterise the 550 music playback compared to 673..?
    (...personally, I find the 673 ok for internet radoi and spotify and qiute good for "sparser" ie Piano trio cd's, but that it starts to struggle when "there is a lot going on", sounding a bit dense and wooly, with a poor sense of seperation and space...? Performs well - ironically - with concert dvds in pcm stereo, but struggles in 5.1..?
    Overall I love it though as it does a great jub with movies..!)
    What is the Euro price delivered to Limerick..?
    Thanks again, Sean

uote="Richersounds.ie: Kenny;99105956"]Hi Subadub.

I currently use a 673 myself and I think the upgrade to the RXA550 would be night and day.
    The 1060 and the 2200 did get very good reviews but in my opinion the 550 is a league above these. The 679 would be more on a par with them.

How close are you to the Belfast store? We could set up a few demos for you and let you hear them running? Sometimes it is hard to come to a conclusion without hear what your getting.

Let me know what you think.[/quote]

[Hi Kenny,
    Thanks for speedy reply!
    I'm based in Limerick, so demo not practical.. However, I'm willing to take guidance/advice, and considering you have a 673 yourself makes it easier...
    (...personally, I find the 673 ok for internet radoi and spotify and qiute good for "sparser" ie Piano trio cd's, but that it starts to struggle when "there is a lot going on", sounding a bit dense and wooly, with a poor sense of seperation and space...? Performs well - ironically - with concert dvds in pcm stereo, but struggles in 5.1..?
    Thanks again, Sean

Hi Subadub.

I like the sound from the Yamaha unit for stereo and the 550 handles it better than the 673.
    However its always very hard to compare to stereo amps as home cinema puts most its efforts in to the surround sound side of things.

I have to say at the moment (Had to down size, no room for two systems in my living room anymore :( ) I've my turntable going through my 673 along with a pre-amp, while its not perfect it still does sounds very good.

Over the years we have tried and tested many A/V amps in stereo and for me at the time the 673 produced it better than others available. For the money on the 550 it will be hard to find one that will do it better without a jump in price.

At our in store conversion rate it would be around 402.70 euro inc delivery. Or the sterling would be £296.94 delivery. You can pay in which ever way works our cheaper for yourself.

If you think of any more questions please drop me a post.

Hey guys, ordered the Yamaha and the MA Bronze 6s on Wednesday.

I haven't received an email confirmation yet. Just want to make sure the shipping address is the one used, not the billing address.

I tried the sales@ email address, but I haven't received a response yet.

Thanks,
    Tadhg

scanlant wrote: »
    Hey guys, ordered the Yamaha and the MA Bronze 6s on Wednesday.

I haven't received an email confirmation yet. Just want to make sure the shipping address is the one used, not the billing address.

I tried the sales@ email address, but I haven't received a response yet.

Thanks,
    Tadhg
    Hi Scanlant.

Your order was shipped yesterday as requested :)
    I have emailed over a copy of your receipt and one will also be attached to tthe goods when they arrive with you on Monday.

We shipped them to the Pharmacy address.

I'll drop your tracking number in a PM.

Again thanks for the order.

Thanks Kenny,

Could you give me a total price on the Yamaha paired with the 3050's in walnut please?

Pete.
    Hi Pete.

We also have a special currently on the Q Acoustics 3000 series in the Black Leather.

On the floor standing front you could look a the 3050 normally priced at £649.00 now offering at £499.00

What sort of price range do you have on teh speakers and I can perhaps come up with some others if the ones above do not suit.

Hi,

many thanks!

Pete.

Thanks Kenny,

Could you give me a total price on the Yamaha paired with the 3050's in walnut please?

Pete.
    Hi Pete.

Hi,

many thanks!

Pete.
    HI Pete, thanks for the post

It works out slightly better for you to pay in Euro, so the best we could do for you would be the RX-A550 and Q Acoustic 3050 at €1075 including delivery ( at our standard mailorder exchange rate of 0.72, paying in sterling would be €1104 including delivery)

Cheers
    Brian

Thanks Brian,

Will go ahead, moving discussion to email.

Pete.

Thanks Brian,

Will go ahead, moving discussion to email.

Pete.
    Thanks Pete

Hi Scanlant.

Your order was shipped yesterday as requested :)
    I have emailed over a copy of your receipt and one will also be attached to the goods when they arrive with you on Monday.

We shipped them to the Pharmacy address.

I'll drop your tracking number in a PM.

Again thanks for the order.
    Thanks Kenny, I won't be at the house at all next week to sign for it.

Looking forward to setting it all up.

• Advertisement

[Hi Kenny,
    Thanks for speedy reply!
    Thanks again, Sean

Hi Subadub.

I like the sound from the Yamaha unit for stereo and the 550 handles it better than the 673.
    However its always very hard to compare to stereo amps as home cinema puts most its efforts in to the surround sound side of things.

I have to say at the moment (Had to down size, no room for two systems in my living room anymore :( ) I've my turntable going through my 673 along with a pre-amp, while its not perfect it still does sounds very good.

Over the years we have tried and tested many A/V amps in stereo and for me at the time the 673 produced it better than others available. For the money on the 550 it will be hard to find one that will do it better without a jump in price.

At our in store conversion rate it would be around 402.70 euro inc delivery. Or the sterling would be £296.94 delivery. You can pay in which ever way works our cheaper for yourself.

If you think of any more questions please drop me a post.
    Hi Kenny,
    After a bit more research I'm thinking I'll take a punt on the Yamaha - your comments have been reassuring and helpful, so thanks a lot for taking the time! Should I give ye a bell to take things to the next stage..?
    Regards,
    Seán

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.