If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exclusive Boardie Top end AV Receiver and (Very top-end) Soundbar Promo

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Subadub wrote: »
    [Hi Kenny,
    Thanks for speedy reply!
    I'm based in Limerick, so demo not practical.. However, I'm willing to take guidance/advice, and considering you have a 673 yourself makes it easier...
    2 further questions, and then I'll mull it over for a day or so:
    How would you characterise the 550 music playback compared to 673..?
    (...personally, I find the 673 ok for internet radoi and spotify and qiute good for "sparser" ie Piano trio cd's, but that it starts to struggle when "there is a lot going on", sounding a bit dense and wooly, with a poor sense of seperation and space...? Performs well - ironically - with concert dvds in pcm stereo, but struggles in 5.1..?
    Overall I love it though as it does a great jub with movies..!)
    What is the Euro price delivered to Limerick..?
    Thanks again, Sean

uote="Richersounds.ie: Kenny;99105956"]Hi Subadub.

I currently use a 673 myself and I think the upgrade to the RXA550 would be night and day.
    The 1060 and the 2200 did get very good reviews but in my opinion the 550 is a league above these. The 679 would be more on a par with them.

How close are you to the Belfast store? We could set up a few demos for you and let you hear them running? Sometimes it is hard to come to a conclusion without hear what your getting.

Let me know what you think.
    Hi Subadub.

I like the sound from the Yamaha unit for stereo and the 550 handles it better than the 673.
    However its always very hard to compare to stereo amps as home cinema puts most its efforts in to the surround sound side of things.

I have to say at the moment (Had to down size, no room for two systems in my living room anymore :( ) I've my turntable going through my 673 along with a pre-amp, while its not perfect it still does sounds very good.

Over the years we have tried and tested many A/V amps in stereo and for me at the time the 673 produced it better than others available. For the money on the 550 it will be hard to find one that will do it better without a jump in price.

At our in store conversion rate it would be around 402.70 euro inc delivery. Or the sterling would be £296.94 delivery. You can pay in which ever way works our cheaper for yourself.

If you think of any more questions please drop me a post.
    Hi Kenny,
    After a bit more research I'm thinking I'll take a punt on the Yamaha - your comments have been reassuring and helpful, so thanks a lot for taking the time! Should I give ye a bell to take things to the next stage..?
    Regards,
    Seán
    Hi Sean.

No problem ata ll.

If you drop me a your contact number in a PM I can give you a buzz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Hi guys, do you have more Yamaha receivers left at that price?
    My Pioneer VSX423 I got from you long time ago( for peanuts :) ) is still going strong, but lack of connectivity ( Bluetooth etc) is forcing me to get something more up to date.

Will drop you an email, too.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Hi guys I really want the soundbar but can't afford it for 2-3 weeks , is this a limited time deal ?
    Can i put a deposit on one ?
    Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

wonski wrote: »
    My Pioneer VSX423 I got from you long time ago( for peanuts :) ) is still going strong, but lack of connectivity ( Bluetooth etc) is forcing me to get something more up to date.

Many thanks.
    Hi Wonski,

yep lots left as we are keeping this deal as a Boardie exclusive so no problem ordering - I'll dig out your mail and get back to you asap.

( BTW that RXA550 will D. E. S. T. R. O. Y. your VSX423! :D )

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi guys I really want the soundbar but can't afford it for 2-3 weeks , is this a limited time deal ?
    Thanks
    MupperK,

the Monitor Audio ASB2B deal at £299 is really only reserved for regular nice Customers and as we never hear from you these days we are not sure if you would qualify :D :D

- no need to put a deposit on - we know you and if you say you want one we are happy to hold one for you no problem, just keep us posted and give us a rough timescale and we will pop an order up on our system to hold one for you - they seriously are an amazing deal at that money!

Thanks again and drop us a line anytime,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Thanks
    MupperK,

the Monitor Audio ASB2B deal at £299 is really only reserved for regular nice Customers and as we never hear from you these days we are not sure if you would qualify :D :D

- no need to put a deposit on - we know you and if you say you want one we are happy to hold one for you no problem, just keep us posted and give us a rough timescale and we will pop an order up on our system to hold one for you - they seriously are an amazing deal at that money!

Thanks again and drop us a line anytime,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Whohooo sweet thanks :DYes I surely do want one ..I hope to make payment in full within 4 weeks time. Probably earlier but really want one.

Many thanks.

I hope so, otherwise I will send it back straight away :)

Thanks for calling me back, it looks like serious piece of kit when compared to old good entry level Pioneer.

Happy Easter 

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Many thanks.

Thanks for calling me back, it looks like serious piece of kit when compared to old good entry level Pioneer.

Happy Easter 
    Thanks for your purchase Wonski, you won't be disappointed :)

Happy Easter to you

Brian

Many thanks.

Happy Easter 
    Thanks for your purchase Wonski, you won't be disappointed :)

Happy Easter to you

Brian
    Speedy delivery, as always.

Got it up and running this morning. Have done nothing productive since then:D

Leaving the connectivity aside a hell of a difference in sound:eek:

I couldn't believe my ears. Yamaha app is also cool.

Many thanks. 

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Subadub

[Hi Kenny,
    Thanks for speedy reply!
    I'm based in Limerick, so demo not practical.. However, I'm willing to take guidance/advice, and considering you have a 673 yourself makes it easier...
    (...personally, I find the 673 ok for internet radoi and spotify and qiute good for "sparser" ie Piano trio cd's, but that it starts to struggle when "there is a lot going on", sounding a bit dense and wooly, with a poor sense of seperation and space...? Performs well - ironically - with concert dvds in pcm stereo, but struggles in 5.1..?
    Thanks again, Sean

I currently use a 673 myself and I think the upgrade to the RXA550 would be night and day.
    The 1060 and the 2200 did get very good reviews but in my opinion the 550 is a league above these. The 679 would be more on a par with them.

How close are you to the Belfast store? We could set up a few demos for you and let you hear them running? Sometimes it is hard to come to a conclusion without hear what your getting.

Hi Subadub.

I like the sound from the Yamaha unit for stereo and the 550 handles it better than the 673.
    However its always very hard to compare to stereo amps as home cinema puts most its efforts in to the surround sound side of things.

I have to say at the moment (Had to down size, no room for two systems in my living room anymore :( ) I've my turntable going through my 673 along with a pre-amp, while its not perfect it still does sounds very good.

Over the years we have tried and tested many A/V amps in stereo and for me at the time the 673 produced it better than others available. For the money on the 550 it will be hard to find one that will do it better without a jump in price.

At our in store conversion rate it would be around 402.70 euro inc delivery. Or the sterling would be £296.94 delivery. You can pay in which ever way works our cheaper for yourself.

Hi Kenny,
    After a bit more research I'm thinking I'll take a punt on the Yamaha - your comments have been reassuring and helpful, so thanks a lot for taking the time! Should I give ye a bell to take things to the next stage..?
    Regards,
    Seán
    Hi Sean.

No problem ata ll.

...Hi again Kenny,
    The amp arrived safe & sound promptly, as promised. I hooked it up, did a quick set-up and checked it out without doing ANY tuning and immediately twigged what you were getting at with your "night and day" comment! ... Then I actually spent a half an hour tuning it and setting crossover freqs etc on my Kefs... It is unbelievable!!! I cannot get my head around the step-up in pure quality from what was already a great set-up: the speakers just sing... I've tried it with a Bluray, a Sade live concert Dvd, a Few CDs, internet radio and Spotify and EVERYTHING sounds full and vibrant. I can't get over how good music sounds on this - particulary the manner in which it brings compressed music to life, it is throughly breathtaking! To think that it's not even warmed up,,?!! Absolutely outstanding value at full price, not to mind the price at which it is currently available: anybody that is after quality sound and performance, and that mught be sitting on the fence on this one and maybe feeling tempted by some of the others available with more bells and whistles - do yourselves a favour and seriously considet this one: It's savage!!! Thanks again Kenny!😉😎

• Advertisement

[Hi Kenny,
    Thanks for speedy reply!
    Thanks again, Sean

Hi Subadub.

Hi Kenny,
    Regards,
    Seán
    Hi Sean.

No problem ata ll.

...Hi again Kenny,
    The amp arrived safe & sound promptly, as promised. I hooked it up, did a quick set-up and checked it out without doing ANY tuning and immediately twigged what you were getting at with your "night and day" comment! ... Then I actually spent a half an hour tuning it and setting crossover freqs etc on my Kefs... It is unbelievable!!! I cannot get my head around the step-up in pure quality from what was already a great set-up: the speakers just sing... I've tried it with a Bluray, a Sade live concert Dvd, a Few CDs, internet radio and Spotify and EVERYTHING sounds full and vibrant. I can't get over how good music sounds on this - particulary the manner in which it brings compressed music to life, it is throughly breathtaking! To think that it's not even warmed up,,?!! Absolutely outstanding value at full price, not to mind the price at which it is currently available: anybody that is after quality sound and performance, and that mught be sitting on the fence on this one and maybe feeling tempted by some of the others available with more bells and whistles - do yourselves a favour and seriously considet this one: It's savage!!! Thanks again Kenny!😉😎
    Hey Sean.

Just wanted to say thanks for the nice post.

Hopefully by now you are fully setup and really enjoying your amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Is the Monitor Audio Sound-Bar still available and can it be delivered?

dricko_lim wrote: »

Yep, lots left as I'm keeping this as an exclusive Boards offer and we can deliver no problem anywhere in Ireland ( we don't deliver outside Ireland unfortunately :( )

If you would like to grab one - just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact number and one of the guys will give you a call to arrange a delivery.

Thanks again for thinking of us and don't hesitate to mail, post or PM us if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Yep, lots left as I'm keeping this as an exclusive Boards offer and we can deliver no problem anywhere in Ireland ( we don't deliver outside Ireland unfortunately :( )

If you would like to grab one - just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact number and one of the guys will give you a call to arrange a delivery.

Thanks again for thinking of us and don't hesitate to mail, post or PM us if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John, it'll be another week or two before I buy (gotta convince the wife too that its something I need rather than want!! - based in Limerick. 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John, it'll be another week or two before I buy (gotta convince the wife too that its something I need rather than want!! - based in Limerick. 
    Hi Dricko_lim.

No problem at all.

Lets us know when your ready to pull the trigger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

Just to way in also lad's the amp arrived on wednesday,extremely happy with it,set up last night the sound difference over the old rvx363 is night and day,excellent service as always,Thanks.

wilford wrote: »
    Just to way in also lad's the amp arrived on wednesday,extremely happy with it,set up last night the sound difference over the old rvx363 is night and day,excellent service as always,Thanks.
    Hi Wilford.

Excellent that you are up and running and enjoying you new amp :)

I'm really tempted myself to go for one of these to replace my older RXV673. 

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi Wilford.

Hi guys,
    I may be in the market for a new amp. How would the yamaha compare to a denon avr 3310?
    Cheers
    Mick

Hi Wilford.

Hi guys,
    I may be in the market for a new amp. How would the yamaha compare to a denon avr 3310?
    Cheers
    Mick
    3310 was an exceptional sounding amp to be fair, and if you were only just using it for music I'd say that the Denon AVR3310 may still have the edge but the Yamaha RXA550 is 6 or 7 years newer and the update specification with Airplay / Bluetooth / HDCP 2.2 and the ability to make an excellent multi room system with the Yamaha MusicCast system means that the RAX550 in reality is a huge step forward and going back to my first point - sound quality - the RXA550 is pretty damn superb as well as its part of the Yamaha upmarket Aventage series not just the standard RXV series..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭micks_address

3310 was an exceptional sounding amp to be fair, and if you were only just using it for music I'd say that the Denon AVR3310 may still have the edge but the Yamaha RXA550 is 6 or 7 years newer and the update specification with Airplay / Bluetooth / HDCP 2.2 and the ability to make an excellent multi room system with the Yamaha MusicCast system means that the RAX550 in reality is a huge step forward and going back to my first point - sound quality - the RXA550 is pretty damn superb as well as its part of the Yamaha upmarket Aventage series not just the standard RXV series..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John.
    I've thrown my 3310 up on adverts. If it sells I'll be in touch!
    Cheers
    Mick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Hi Lads,

I see that the MA soundbar is still available which is a nightmare for me as my interest has grown in it having previously ruled it out! I'm abroad with work for a few 3 years and am considering purchasing this as part of future upgrade plans for our front room. I don't mind buying now at this price (seriously, you're giving it away. Surprised its not sold out yet at that price) for something of this quality even if it means I can't experience it for a long time. However I have a few questions before I make up my mind, if you wouldn't mind giving me advice:

- I was considering going down the AV receiver plus 5.1 set up but I'm not sure the missus will entertain this (trailing leads etc with young kids) and not sure the room layout suits in any case. Is this quality of soundbar a decent compromise? I know its no substitute for the real thing but can it simulate the surround sound affect reasonably well? I had a cheaper Philips before that didn't do much for me but I'm guessing this is in another league.
    - Would you consider this pretty much future proof at this price? or would you think I'd be better off assessing my options in 3/4 years time when I'm back?
    - I bought a denon ceol plus MA BX2 speaker off ye, can this be hooked up to act like a centre speaker or is that plain stupid?
    - Can it be hooked up to the ceol to act as the main speakers and do away with the BX2 or am I better off keeping them separate to the ceol?
    - Would the soundbar be better to run the TV through than say the ceol+BX2 (not that I've ever tried it!)?
    - Does it need a subwoofer to get the most out of movie sound?
    - Is an AV receiver set up of any advantage (over the soundbar) if you're not able to go 5.1 for the speakers?

I know i'll get honest feedback to the above queries so I'm very keen to get advice before I make a decision.

Thanks in advance.....

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

I see that the MA soundbar is still available which is a nightmare for me as my interest has grown in it having previously ruled it out! I'm abroad with work for a few 3 years and am considering purchasing this as part of future upgrade plans for our front room. I don't mind buying now at this price (seriously, you're giving it away. Surprised its not sold out yet at that price) for something of this quality even if it means I can't experience it for a long time. However I have a few questions before I make up my mind, if you wouldn't mind giving me advice:

- I was considering going down the AV receiver plus 5.1 set up but I'm not sure the missus will entertain this (trailing leads etc with young kids) and not sure the room layout suits in any case. Is this quality of soundbar a decent compromise? I know its no substitute for the real thing but can it simulate the surround sound affect reasonably well? I had a cheaper Philips before that didn't do much for me but I'm guessing this is in another league.
    - Would you consider this pretty much future proof at this price? or would you think I'd be better off assessing my options in 3/4 years time when I'm back?
    - I bought a denon ceol plus MA BX2 speaker off ye, can this be hooked up to act like a centre speaker or is that plain stupid?
    - Can it be hooked up to the ceol to act as the main speakers and do away with the BX2 or am I better off keeping them separate to the ceol?
    - Would the soundbar be better to run the TV through than say the ceol+BX2 (not that I've ever tried it!)?
    - Does it need a subwoofer to get the most out of movie sound?
    - Is an AV receiver set up of any advantage (over the soundbar) if you're not able to go 5.1 for the speakers?

I know i'll get honest feedback to the above queries so I'm very keen to get advice before I make a decision.

Thanks in advance.....
    Hi MarcusP12.

The MA soundbar is a beast of a product and sounds fantastic at this price there is nothing that even comes close.

The delimma is that I have no idea how far technology will have progressed over the next 3/4 years but I would say there will be better products.
    Things change every year and products finish up and new version are released. Monitor Audio are not too bad for this as they don't change every year but again I have no way of knowing what 3 or 4 years in the future holds.

In terms of future proofing on the MA its as up to date as can be at the moment but again 4 years down the line I can't comment.

The MA sound bar could not be connected to run as a speaker from the Ceol. The Ceol is designed to only run 2 channel stereo and would be left as a separate system. There would be no way to connect the two together as the Ceol only has inputs and no digital outputs.

The MA soundbar could be connect direct to the TV via optical or HDMI. HDMI would be the preferred connection provided your TV has the ARC feature. If not the MA soundbar can take up to 3 HDMI sources and then one HDMI cable to the TV.

In comparing to a 5.1 system the ABS2 holds it own against some of the setups. I suppose the higher in price and the further up the range you better sound quality you get.
    You always get a more fuller and detailed sound from a 5.1 setup.

It really does hinge on the time frame. In 3 or 4 years there will be many new products. 4K will be more available along with 4K Blu Ray. Last year seen Dolby release ATMOS which gives you 5.1.2 as supposed to 5.1 / 7.2 etc.... it adds an extra . after the 1 (Subwoofer) This gives a more immersive sound:
    http://www.richersounds.com/information/dolby_atmos

I hope this is of help.

Any questions please drop me a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

hi,
    how much is  the soundbar in euros incd delivery.

thanks.

donegal. wrote: »
    hi,
    how much is  the soundbar in euros incd delivery.

thanks.
    Hi Donegal.

Working off our in store rate .72 it would be 419.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)

I'm not sure what your bank would charge on the sterling conversion or which would work out cheaper for yourself. We can charge in either Sterling or Euro, which ever work out cheaper for yourself.

Guys - I'm happy to do the Monitor Audio ASB2b sound bar to Boardies at either £299.95 or €399.99 ( as ever the euro price will include delivery anywhere across Ireland)

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12454-asb2.aspx

Give us a call if you would like to order and thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jcmjmurphy

Hi,

Do you still have the ASB-2 available at €400? How does it compare with the Q Acoustics M4, not bothered about it not having Bluetooth but how do they compare on sound?

Thanks

jcmjmurphy wrote: »
    Hi,

Do you still have the ASB-2 available at €400? How does it compare with the Q Acoustics M4, not bothered about it not having Bluetooth but how do they compare on sound?

Thanks
    On overall sound quality to be honest I'd have to say the ASB2. The Q acoustics M4 is a cracking soundbar, and destroys most of the competition, but the ASB2 just has the edge on bottom end, the QAC would need a sub added in my opinion

At the €400 price for the ASB2, it wins it for me :)

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jcmjmurphy

Hi Brian,

I will go for the ASB2 at €400 then, can you give me a call in the morning for payment, will PM you my number now.

Thanks,
    James

jcmjmurphy wrote: »
    Hi Brian,

I will go for the ASB2 at €400 then, can you give me a call in the morning for payment, will PM you my number now.

Thanks,
    James
    Cheers James, sorry been flat out with deliveries etc this morning, will call you shortly

Brian

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Cheers James, sorry been flat out with deliveries etc this morning, will call you shortly

Brian

Hi, Have you any more of the monitor audio soundbars?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.