If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exclusive Boardie Top end AV Receiver and (Very top-end) Soundbar Promo

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Pacifico wrote: »
    Cheers James, sorry been flat out with deliveries etc this morning, will call you shortly

Brian

Hi, Have you any more of the monitor audio soundbars?
    Hi Pacifico,

Yep we still have some of those if you're interested

Drop us a PM with your contact details, or give us a call on 0044333 900 0070

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Has anyone who bought one of these [the ASB2] also bought a subwoofer for it? I'm generally very happy with it, but if there are cheap-ish subwoofers that will expand the bass, I may be interested in upgrading further :)

Ste.phen wrote: »
    Has anyone who bought one of these [the ASB2] also bought a subwoofer for it? I'm generally very happy with it, but if there are cheap-ish subwoofers that will expand the bass, I may be interested in upgrading further :)
    I'm not sure anyone bought a sub with it, but it certainly would add to it  - you could use something like the Yamaha w050 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-10571-ystfsw050.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab at just €99.99 - a decent wee sub, and size wise is quite discreet
    or theres the Tannoy SFX - a better sub and a more conventional style - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-10513-sfx-sub.aspx at €114.95

Regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭3ka

Hi Brian,

Can I have the soundbar please? I hope these are still available :-)

Sent you my RS account details now,

Thank you,
    Peter.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

3ka wrote: »
    Hi Brian,

Thank you,
    Peter.
    Hey 3ka.

We will be in touch very soon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭3ka

3ka wrote: »
    Hi Brian,

Thank you,
    Peter.
    Hey 3ka.

We will be in touch very soon :D
    Soundbar arrived today, excellent service. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Any of the soundbars left ?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

gizabeer wrote: »
    Any of the soundbars left ?
    Giz,

yep lots left as we have held this offer exclusively for Boardies - as you can see from the feedback above, the Monitor Audio ASB2 is a great soundbar - at £299 its a R E A L L Y R E A L L Y A M A Z I N G piece of kit!

Drop us a PM or a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details if you would like to grab one,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭toddunctious

Hi guys
    Is the Yamaha receiver still available ?
    Cheers
    David

Hi guys
    Is the Yamaha receiver still available ?
    Cheers
    David
    Hey David.

Ohhh I really shouldn't as it was a limited stock offer but go on then its a Saturday ;)

Drop me a contact number in a PM and I can give you a buzz if you would like one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Thanks to John and all the team for great service. I ordered on Monday evening and soundbar arrived yesterday.

Got it set up for a quick play around last night and very impressed.

Are there any recommended settings for it?

I hooked up an old DVD player to it. The only options for digital audio on the DVD player are PCM (2ch) or Bitstream. However when I choose bitstream I get no audio through the soundbar. It is fine with the PCM. If the PCM is only 2 channel does this mean that the 3D/surround sound won't work with it?

Thanks again

nialldinho wrote: »
    Thanks to John and all the team for great service. I ordered on Monday evening and soundbar arrived yesterday.

Got it set up for a quick play around last night and very impressed.

Are there any recommended settings for it?

I hooked up an old DVD player to it. The only options for digital audio on the DVD player are PCM (2ch) or Bitstream. However when I choose bitstream I get no audio through the soundbar. It is fine with the PCM. If the PCM is only 2 channel does this mean that the 3D/surround sound won't work with it?

Thanks again
    Hi Nialldinho,

Is the DVD only outputting 2 channel PCM? which model is it and we can have a look at spec to see what to suggest

Cheers
    Brian

Hi Nialldinho,

Is the DVD only outputting 2 channel PCM? which model is it and we can have a look at spec to see what to suggest

Cheers
    Brian

Hi Brian

It's an old one - Samsung DVD-HD870.

Here's a pic of the manual. 2 channel seems to be the only option other than bitstream for digital audio output.

Thanks

Hi Nialldinho,

Cheers
    Brian

Hi Brian

It's an old one - Samsung DVD-HD870.

Here's a pic of the manual. 2 channel seems to be the only option other than bitstream for digital audio output.

Thanks
    HI Niall, thanks for the post.

On checking the ASB2 manual, if it receives a 2 channel signal, the 3d will create a wider sound stage than normal, but will not create extra channels so surround sound on it wouldn't be available unfortunately

Cheers
    Brian

On checking the ASB2 manual, if it receives a 2 channel signal, the 3d will create a wider sound stage than normal, but will not create extra channels so surround sound on it wouldn't be available unfortunately

Cheers
    Brian

Thanks for checking that Brian

Cheers
    Brian

Thanks for checking that Brian
    no probs

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭robnet77

hi,
    is this deal still on?

I already have very good floorstanders (Tannoy Revolution Dc6t) bought from you guys, but I would like to add surround effect without the hassle of cables: my question is, will there be a big difference with my current set (which I'll retain for listening to music)?

How does this soundbar compare against the Yamaha YSP-2500 (which is for sale on your website for 499£), especially in relation to surrond effects?

Thanks

robnet77 wrote: »
    hi,
    is this deal still on?

I already have very good floorstanders (Tannoy Revolution Dc6t) bought from you guys, but I would like to add surround effect without the hassle of cables: my question is, will there be a big difference with my current set (which I'll retain for listening to music)?

How does this soundbar compare against the Yamaha YSP-2500 (which is for sale on your website for 499£), especially in relation to surrond effects?

Thanks
    HI robnet77, thanks for the post

Yea we still have a few of these left at the deal price.
    Compared to the Yamaha, personally I'd say it is a good bit better. This was originally £800 when it was first released, and at that price it was excellent value for money. It doesn't come with a sub like the Yamaha, but to be fair it runs very well without one, but you do have the option to add one and still be under the price of the YSP2500, and it would be massively better than the Yamaha.

To compare to the Tannoys is a hard call. The Tannoys would be better on music to be fair, but the ASB2 is a very good all rounder so I don't think you'd be disappointed

Hope that helps :)

Brian

hi,
    is this deal still on?

Thanks

Compared to the Yamaha, personally I'd say it is a good bit better. This was originally £800 when it was first released, and at that price it was excellent value for money. It doesn't come with a sub like the Yamaha, but to be fair it runs very well without one, but you do have the option to add one and still be under the price of the YSP2500, and it would be massively better than the Yamaha.

To compare to the Tannoys is a hard call. The Tannoys would be better on music to be fair, but the ASB2 is a very good all rounder so I don't think you'd be disappointed

Brian
    Thanks, does this soundbar produce a decent surround effect please?
    If I buy a soundbar, it will be to get the surround sound my Tannoys are lacking.

hi,
    is this deal still on?

Thanks

Brian
    Thanks, does this soundbar produce a decent surround effect please?
    If I buy a soundbar, it will be to get the surround sound my Tannoys are lacking.
    Hi Robnet77,

The ASB2 has a decent surround sound for a soundbar but will never replace a good 5.1 system. Soundbars use what's called virtual surround which attempts to bounce the sound off walls etc but is limited by room layout etc. It would certainly give a better surround effect than stereo Tannoys but if you want a good 5.1 sound you can't beat a traditional system.

Hope this helps!

David

• Advertisement

thanks,
    I would like to see an improvement from my current system, I'm not sure the Monitor Audio would be the best choice for me.

Any deals on superior soundbars? The Dali Kubik One was rated very high by What Hi Fi, but they also rate the Yamaha YSP 2500 better than the Monitor Audio, so I'm confused as to whether their reviews are reliable.
    The Philips Fidelio B5 would seem to produce a convincing surround effect due to the wireless speakers which can be detached and placed at one's back, in a similar way to the Sonos soundbar when coupled with two Play 1's.

Perhaps you could advise please?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

thanks,
    I would like to see an improvement from my current system, I'm not sure the Monitor Audio would be the best choice for me.

Any deals on superior soundbars? The Dali Kubik One was rated very high by What Hi Fi, but they also rate the Yamaha YSP 2500 better than the Monitor Audio, so I'm confused as to whether their reviews are reliable.
    The Philips Fidelio B5 would seem to produce a convincing surround effect due to the wireless speakers which can be detached and placed at one's back, in a similar way to the Sonos soundbar when coupled with two Play 1's.

Perhaps you could advise please?
    Robnet,

thanks for your Post and your patience whilst we reply!

To be fair to the Monitor Audio ASB2 I think your comparison is a little unfair - irrespective of price I think that the ASB2 sounds better than the Yamaha YSP2500 - of course the YSP2500 does include a separate sub, whilst the ASB2 is the soundbar only, but the ASB2 is an exceptional Soundbar and started life at £900 - at the Boardie exclusive £299 deal its a complete bargain - the Yamaha YSP2500 is a good bar as well of course but its been discounted to £499 so even by any standards at £200 cheaper the Monitor Audio has to be a better buy than the YSP2500! ..and of course you can nearly buy 3 ASB's for the price of one of the Dali Kubik! - again the Kubik is a great soundbar but its more than 2 1/2 times more expensive!

If you were a bass freak, you could grab an ASB2 and add a £200 subwoofer and then the ASB2 would blow pretty much anything out of the water - on the minus side, the ASB is quite a large Soundbar and you have to have the space to house it ..

The Philips B5 is a bit of fun and as you can detach the speakers it does give a decent surround effect, but in pure audio terms its not at the races and again I'd say the same about the Sonos Playbar - if you add the Sonos Sub, it does sound effective but then your budget is over £1000 and again its comparing apples with oranges..

Sorry to be negative but if you are taking the prevailing prices into account then you do have to look at the relative price against the reviews - iof course if price isn't an object I would rank the Kubik (slightly) higher than the ASB2, but then if you can stretch to that budget you can look at the amazing Naim Mu-so....

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200925-mu-so.aspx

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks,
    Do you have any of the products you mentioned available for a quick demo in Belfast please?
    What is the best price you can do on the Naim in case?

Thanks,
    Do you have any of the products you mentioned available for a quick demo in Belfast please?
    What is the best price you can do on the Naim in case?
    HI Robnet,

Yep we have the ASB2, the Sonos playbar, and the Yamaha YSP2500 all on display, as well as the Naim Muso, so you could have a listen to them all and see what you think
    On the Naim Mu-so, I could do one for you as a boardie price at €1189 including delivery if that was of any interest

Cheers
    Brian

thanks,
    hopefully I'll be able to visit you in Belfast next Tuesday 7th.
    My priority is to have a system with great sound, so any purchase would need to be an improvement from my current system.
    I'm also considering the Chord Mojo to replace my basic DAC device, as possible alternative to buying a soundbar.

thanks,
    hopefully I'll be able to visit you in Belfast next Tuesday 7th.
    My priority is to have a system with great sound, so any purchase would need to be an improvement from my current system.
    I'm also considering the Chord Mojo to replace my basic DAC device, as possible alternative to buying a soundbar.
    no problem, we can let you have a listen to a few things so you can compare. If you are coming up, give us a ring beforehand and arrange a demo and we can have some of the stuff set up ready for you

Cheers
    Brian

great, thanks.
    I am also on the market for a low-end 60-65 inch TV, not sure what you have available in store, have been considering Hisense and Samsung so far.
    Anyway we'll see once I get there, cheers.

great, thanks.
    I am also on the market for a low-end 60-65 inch TV, not sure what you have available in store, have been considering Hisense and Samsung so far.
    Anyway we'll see once I get there, cheers.
    no probs, I'll see if I can sniff out a couple of bargains for you between now and then

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

A bit late replying here but a couple of months ago I took advantage of the Monitor Audio ASB2 and also acquired a Samsung UE43J5500 
    Both have been in storage until now, i took them out this weekend to check what connections I would need to set up

The Monitor Audio is awesome, totally lives up to the hype, beautiful sound and an extremely satisfying rumble during action scenes, so much so it startled my wife when I was demoing it to her and she was't expecting such grunt

The Samsung has an excellent picture, would highly recommend both and nowhere in Ireland has either product beaten on price

Guys,

I haven't done enough Boardie promos recently for you guys but here come 2 absolute scorchers!

1: Monitor Audio Sound-Bar

Monitor Audio ASB2B

It's not often that you see a soundbar that literally has everything AND looks really well built AND sounds amazing - but of course when you do see these all combined, the product normally costs a fortune!

We have secured a small amount of the Legendary Monitor Audio ASB2 Soundbar - yep, that's the one that What Hi-Fi gave a 5 start review to at £800, the one that is for sale in most Irish dealers at over €1000 and we are going to sell them as a Boardie exclusive at a silly price :)

They are really well equipped with 6 drivers including 2 * 5.5" Bass drivers - this bar really is HIFI!

The ASB2 also has Apple Airplay and Airplay direct, as well as its own App and DLNA compatibility - add in 3 HDMI inputs and 160Watts of amplification AND 2 digital inputs AND additional analogue inputs and you start to realise that this is a really serious piece of kit - but then we get to the price :)

• Advertisement

A bit late replying here but a couple of months ago I took advantage of the Monitor Audio ASB2 and also acquired a Samsung UE43J5500 
    Both have been in storage until now, i took them out this weekend to check what connections I would need to set up

The Monitor Audio is awesome, totally lives up to the hype, beautiful sound and an extremely satisfying rumble during action scenes, so much so it startled my wife when I was demoing it to her and she was't expecting such grunt

The Samsung has an excellent picture, would highly recommend both and nowhere in Ireland has either product beaten on price

Guys,

I haven't done enough Boardie promos recently for you guys but here come 2 absolute scorchers!

1: Monitor Audio Sound-Bar

Monitor Audio ASB2B

It's not often that you see a soundbar that literally has everything AND looks really well built AND sounds amazing - but of course when you do see these all combined, the product normally costs a fortune!

We have secured a small amount of the Legendary Monitor Audio ASB2 Soundbar - yep, that's the one that What Hi-Fi gave a 5 start review to at £800, the one that is for sale in most Irish dealers at over €1000 and we are going to sell them as a Boardie exclusive at a silly price :)

They are really well equipped with 6 drivers including 2 * 5.5" Bass drivers - this bar really is HIFI!

The ASB2 also has Apple Airplay and Airplay direct, as well as its own App and DLNA compatibility - add in 3 HDMI inputs and 160Watts of amplification AND 2 digital inputs AND additional analogue inputs and you start to realise that this is a really serious piece of kit - but then we get to the price :)

Hi NyOmnishhambles.

Excellent news that you are up and running and enjoying your new toys :D

Should you need any advice or information please drop us a post or PM.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.