Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI switch question

• 14-03-2016 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭

Hi I've a multiroom sky box in the kitchen basically for myself to watch sports
    On the very odd occasion I would like to use this box to watch another tv that is in another room back to back to the kitchen when someone is using the kitchen for study
    I'd like to know could I get a hdmi cable with 1 connection in the box but 2 feeds out so I could use whichever is needed

Don't want to be plugging in and out all the time if possible

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

A 'switch' typically involves multiple inputs (feeds) and one output, you select the input source you want to be active at a given time.

What you're looking for is called a 'splitter' - one source (input) and multiple (two or more) outputs.

Google 'hdmi splitter', there's lots of them out there. The cheaper ones will probably only send a signal to one output port at a time which sounds like what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

make sure the splitter includes external power. Sky boxes are fussy about HDMI splitters and the ones use external power instead of using HDMI 5v are more compatible. ask about sky box compatibility before buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Thanks
    Any brand name I should look for

Advertisement