Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BA (Honours) in Applied Social Studies in Social Care (BN107) - Mature Student

Options
  • 14-03-2016 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

I was just wondering what is involved in the Assessments for a Mature Student to see if they are accepted into the BA (Honours) in Applied Social Studies in Social Care (BN107).

All I know is that the college invites you to take part in an assessment which is based on English grammar and maths but I was hoping to get more detailed information to help prepare.

Any info would be most appreciated.

Thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hi there.

I'm currently in my final year of this course and I also applied via the mature student route.

The assessment is really just to get a grasp of your basic math skills and your use of the English language.

The maths question are very straightforward and you'll get an essay type question along the lines of "why you want to do this course/what you've done to prepare yourself for college".

It lasts an hour as far as I recall.

The very best of luck with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NVC2016

Hiya,

Thanks so much for all your information on the assessments. It's very helpful and much appreciated. I will start the prep work now for it.

All the best in your final year of college.

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

No problem at all. It's really straight forward but the essay question is really a good way to be able to sell yourself. To be honest, there are more mature students/PLC entrants to this course than those coming in straight from leaving cert.

Keep me up to date with how you get on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NVC2016

Heya,

That's brilliant, thanks so much for all the info. Fingers crossed it all goes well! :)

I will keep you up to date on how I get on.

All the best,

Chat soon :)

Advertisement