Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angling Gear in Lidl 17th March.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭MarcinG

lines are good (for what they cost), and mackerel rigs works too. but i wouldn't touch most of other stuff with long stick ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭.red.

MarcinG wrote: »
    lines are good (for what they cost),

What does that mean? Good cos their cheap or just good? Mono and braid are something you should never scrimp on. If you have a good fish on and your rod or reel packs in cos their cheap you can always handline in the fish(its happened to me) if you have a cheap lineand it snaps the fish is gone.
    Its the only thing that you have in your hand thats in contact with the fish.

fwiw, the nets are fantastic value, the tripods arent great but do a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

I have a few spools of the lidl line, the mono is ideal for backing on a fixed spool reel to bulk up the spool before putting on braid.

I got a tackle bag from either aldi or lidl a few years ago, very well built, if they had a larger version for sale id but it in a heart beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭MarcinG

Thay are weaker than similar dia more expensive lined. But the hold closer to specs from box. (I do measure strength of my lines sometimes and quite often the reality is far from what it says on the box this applies to braids in particualr). Colors are often poor (i dont like brown or green lines) but im finding them good for seafishing and backing etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I got a tackle bag from either aldi or lidl a few years ago, very well built, if they had a larger version for sale id but it in a heart beat.

I have that for a few years now. Great bag for the price. Surprisingly good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭.red.

They are a great little bag. I use one for my lrf gear. The zips were very poor tho and corroded very quick from the salt. I bought another one the next time they came in and i put a tiny drop of oil on the zips after every use and its still going strong a few years later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I still have that bag . Got it bout 5 year ago. The lures aren't great but the boxes they come in Are handy. I thought they came out Monday considering the amount of poaching on dodder today

Advertisement