Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business Landline / Internet Connection Nightmare !!!!

Options
  • 14-03-2016 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I submitted the form online for a new landline and internet service on the 16th of Feb.  On the 18th of Feb I got a call from a rep. named Michael O'Rourke who was a bit ratty at first and kept asking me what my landline number was.  It finally clicked that the online form I submitted requested a new landline and internet connection.  He said he fixed the order and gave me a prospect id of 473938.  The job was scheduled for the 3rd of March, I called the helpdesk to verify the appointment and I was told someone would call me before 5:30pm .... and no one called me and I haven't heard anything since.  I just tried calling the number listed on the original email (1800-601-701) the call was answered by Caroline, I gave her my order # 7489184 and then she said I was in the wrong department and she didn't have access to that billing system and transferred me to the Eir Mobile queue ... and I hung up.  Very frustrated at this point.  :mad:

Can anybody out there help ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

_Eddie_ wrote: »
    I submitted the form online for a new landline and internet service on the 16th of Feb.  On the 18th of Feb I got a call from a rep. named Michael O'Rourke who was a bit ratty at first and kept asking me what my landline number was.  It finally clicked that the online form I submitted requested a new landline and internet connection.  He said he fixed the order and gave me a prospect id of 473938.  The job was scheduled for the 3rd of March, I called the helpdesk to verify the appointment and I was told someone would call me before 5:30pm .... and no one called me and I haven't heard anything since.  I just tried calling the number listed on the original email (1800-601-701) the call was answered by Caroline, I gave her my order # 7489184 and then she said I was in the wrong department and she didn't have access to that billing system and transferred me to the Eir Mobile queue ... and I hung up.  Very frustrated at this point.  :mad:

Hi _Eddie_ 

I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having. 

I can your order has been cancelled and needs to be reissued I'm afraid. I've contacted Michael in relation to this, as soon as I have an update I'll come back to you.

Apologies for the delays. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

I've spoken with Michael in relation to this. 

There was an auto cancel processed on this as another order was place over the phone within a few hours of this order been processed. 

A new order needs to be processed I'm afraid, Michael can arrange this for you if you wish? 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 36 _Eddie_

Thanks for looking in to this Tracey.

I called and spoke with John and placed a new order.  He gave me an order number of 00423861.  

Hopefully this one will go through smoothly.

Thanks for looking in to this Tracey.

I called and spoke with John and placed a new order.  He gave me an order number of 00423861.  

Hopefully this one will go through smoothly.
    Ok no problem. 

I've checked this for you and this case is in hand and the order is processing.

Thanks 

Tracey 

WooHoo !! I now have an install date of the 4th of April.   Fingers crossed they actually call me and install it on that date.

Tracey, can you put a note on the order for the technician to call me at least 2 hours prior to calling out.  I'm based in a different office and have to travel about 1.5 hours to our new location where the install is.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

I'm glad to hear this :)

I've noted this on the order for you now.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Morning Tracey,

Sorry to be wrecking your head, but this morning I got the "Welcome to Eir Business" letters in the post.  The letter shows the previous order number of 7489184 and an eircom account number 2788xxxx.  Can you please confirm this order / account is cancelled so we don't get double billed ?

Cheers.

Morning Tracey,

Sorry to be wrecking your head, but this morning I got the "Welcome to Eir Business" letters in the post.  The letter shows the previous order number of 7489184 and an eircom account number 2788xxxx.  Can you please confirm this order / account is cancelled so we don't get double billed ?

Cheers.
    Hi _Eddie_ 

Don't be silly, it's grand.  

I can confirm this is cancelled and this letter being sent was an error. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Morning Tracey,

Cheers.
    Hi _Eddie_ 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks a mil Tracey ... You're the Best !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Morning Tracey,

Cheers.
    Hi _Eddie_ 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks a mil Tracey ... You're the Best !!!
    No problem at all :)

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

:mad: And the nightmare continues !!!  So I met the KN Networks technicians at the premises, they were in the process of hooking up the line when they noticed the order has the wrong exchange listed.  They were on the phone for over an hour trying to get the order fixed, but thanks to whatever convoluted system eir has, this order needs to be cancelled a new order needs to be set up with the correct exchange listed.  

I seriously need this connection in and live before the end of the week !!

Tracey, you've been a superstar to get the order this far, can you please expedite this for me ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

:mad: And the nightmare continues !!!  So I met the KN Networks technicians at the premises, they were in the process of hooking up the line when they noticed the order has the wrong exchange listed.  They were on the phone for over an hour trying to get the order fixed, but thanks to whatever convoluted system eir has, this order needs to be cancelled a new order needs to be set up with the correct exchange listed.  

Tracey, you've been a superstar to get the order this far, can you please expedite this for me ?
    Hi _Eddie_,

I'm really sorry to hear this, when orders are processed I'm afraid we would not be given the option to pick an exchange.
    I'm currently looking into this and will be back to you shortly.

-Pamela 

Hi _Eddie_,

I'm really sorry to hear this, when orders are processed I'm afraid we would not be given the option to pick an exchange.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I understand it's further down the line that the order gets created and an exchange port gets assigned for the line.  But whoever is doing these orders doesn't know what the @*$% they are doing !!  I can easily see which exchange it is by using your own website - http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ yet they have us down for a totally different one.  I put the original online order in on the 16th of Feb and here we are almost two months later and no phone line or broadband.  Ridiculous !!!

Hi _Eddie_,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I understand it's further down the line that the order gets created and an exchange port gets assigned for the line.  But whoever is doing these orders doesn't know what the @*$% they are doing !!  I can easily see which exchange it is by using your own website - http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ yet they have us down for a totally different one.  I put the original online order in on the 16th of Feb and here we are almost two months later and no phone line or broadband.  Ridiculous !!!
    Hi _Eddie_,

I understand your frustration completely with this, this is not the service we aim to provide. I have sent you a PM with an update, as soon as I have more information I will be back to you.

-Pamela 

Many thanks to Tracey and Pamela in getting this resolved.  I started the process of getting a phone line and broadband installed in our new premises on the 16th of February and it was finally installed on the 12th of April !! Wowzers.

The only outstanding issue is, the broadband speed is only 18Mbps and the speed coming in to the exchange is 60Mbps.  

Can we get more speed captain ?

Cheers.

Many thanks to Tracey and Pamela in getting this resolved.  I started the process of getting a phone line and broadband installed in our new premises on the 16th of February and it was finally installed on the 12th of April !! Wowzers.

The only outstanding issue is, the broadband speed is only 18Mbps and the speed coming in to the exchange is 60Mbps.  

Can we get more speed captain ?

Cheers.
    No problem _Eddie_Glad to hear you finally have service. :)

I have replied to your PM.

-Pamela 

Advertisement