Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bread for a fry-up sandwich

Options
  • 14-03-2016 3:48pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Simple question - what's your go-to recipe if you're making bread (sliced, roll, bun, whatever) for a fry-up stuffed sandwich.

Have been thinking of doing something like potato farls, or even a nice bagel but looking for inspiration before I decide!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

A breakfast sandwich? I guess if it isn't a roll, it has to be something that holds together, so nothing too artisan-y or fresh.

Maybe Irish Pride sliced pan? Thickish slices, fairly sturdy, tastes ok. It's what i go for with a tayto sandwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

no question

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Ah lads - if we're taking sliced pan then it has to be fresh Superquinn bread at least (and a tray of jam doughnuts while you're there)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

If I'm buying, a loaf of brennans. No faffing about with fibre-filled bread for a fryup sandwich. Soda farls are pretty good for an open fry sandwich.

Usually, pudding or sausage sandwiches on a Saturday morning are assembled in doorsteps (I can't cut the damned thing thin) of a loaf made from leftover pizza dough the night before - http://www.scienceisdelicious.net/?p=575

Advertisement