Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good quality power supply recommendation.

Options
  • 14-03-2016 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone seen a good psu deal recently.

I have a corsair cx600 at the mo,but I am looking for something a bit more powerful.

I am looking at an antec hcg 750(supposedly made by seasonic?) modular and a cx750m on amazon at the mo.Anyone happen to have either?

I have a powercolor devil r9 390x and its a bit power hungry!I suppose the cooling pump and radiator fan are responsible together with the 390x being hungry anyway,anyone else here have one?

I would also prefer a modular/hybrid at a push.

I almost pulled the trigger on a evga 750w b1 but wasn't very impressed by the reviews.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

600W shouldn't need an upgrade unless you are looking at going to crossfire at some point in the future?

Are you experiencing any noise issues or blue screens?

Assuming you have considered these questions, I recommend this:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-SuperNOVA-750W-Power-Supply/dp/B00J01K3E8

It has some excellent reviews

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Xenoronin wrote: »
    600W shouldn't need an upgrade unless you are looking at going to crossfire at some point in the future?

Are you experiencing any noise issues or blue screens?

Assuming you have considered these questions, I recommend this:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-SuperNOVA-750W-Power-Supply/dp/B00J01K3E8

It has some excellent reviews

cheers for the reply.
    No problems,but I done a couple of those power requirements totallers and it looks like I am sailing a bit close to the wind.I am a bit concerned that it might effect the reliability of the card.A bit of headroom would be nice.I came across that evga on my search,I might look at that too,the cx600 puts out 46 amps on the 12v rail that evga puts out 62 or 63 I think.

Advertisement