Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord Edward Street/Rosbrien Road

• 14-03-2016 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Any opinions on the area around the army barracks on Rosbrien Road - going towards the back of the Peony/to Punches Cross?

Not looking for any snark on the area, just opinions on what living there would be like. I know all places have good and bad people in them but im just looking for some general insight!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Parchment wrote: »
    Hi,

Any opinions on the area around the army barracks on Rosbrien Road - going towards the back of the Peony/to Punches Cross?

Not looking for any snark on the area, just opinions on what living there would be like. I know all places have good and bad people in them but im just looking for some general insight!

Thanks in advance

Generally it's a nice settled area with a lot of elderly. The only downsides are that you are close to Weston/Hyde Road and you have City Campus close by as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I'd agree with the above comment. I know a few people living up there and they're all good people. It's the proximity to some tough estates that can be a problem. I'd happily live there myself in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wigsa100

I'm househunting at the moment and was looking at some property on Edward St...based on my experience of the place and comments from other users on this forum I would stay away from it. It leads on to some lovely streets like Wolfe Tone St and Joseph St but is just a bit rough itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭Derbhoy

Too close to Prospect & Weston notoriously bad Areas .I hope you won't be parking a Car nearby. Edward St Quins Cottages would have decent Folk !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Lived there for a little over a year (but this was 6/7 years ago), directly across from the army field. Average age of our neighbours was in the 70s, lovely welcoming people. We never had any trouble. And now the qualifying statement... While our car (parked in driveway) was never harmed, a neighbour had their car keyed and wing mirror broken off. I wouldn't feel entirely safe walking home after dark - even though it is nice and close to town. With that being said, you can have bad luck everywhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement