Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Lock

Options
  • 14-03-2016 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi I would like to make a complaint regarding a Category Mod: Biko in the Motor Section.

I contacted the mod to lock a thread I had started asking about speeding. I used a phrase which certain users found amusing and began to troll the thread. I didn't find it funny and asked for the thread to be locked via pm.

The mod agreed if I made the request on the thread. I asked was this necessary to which the mod replied yes and then subsequently decided to no longer lock the thread even if I posted on the thread like they originally requested.

The mod then ignored my correspondence as they replied to other threads and said they changed their mind because I was "difficult".

All the correspondence can be viewed by the relevant parties so to confirm everything I am saying is true. I would like this resolved asap and feel that the Mod didn't act in the correct manner at all.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What ban or infraction is it you're meant to be disputing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Spear wrote: »
    What ban or infraction is it you're meant to be disputing?

I'm not banned I'm making a complaint regarding the mods treatment of me. If this is the wrong section for that, I'm sorry, if you could let me know the appropriate place for something like that I'll go there.

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP then.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm perfectly fine with whatever decision is made by an admin.

biko wrote: »
    I'm perfectly fine with whatever decision is made by an admin.

I just don't understand your decision to change your mind and also that you said I was difficult when I wasn't.
    I asked to have the thread locked for the simple reason that the thread like many others on boards are just over run with needless drivel with little relevance.
    I assume that by you posting this response, you won't have to have any further correspondence on this.
    That in turn allows you to get away with being ignorant and dismissive. I made a request, then asked a question and you were then ignorant. Allowing you to avoid this, which I'm sure will be the case just further demonstrates the politics on boards and how some get away with saying whatever they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

After more PMs from OP I have agreed to lock the thread. This case can be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'm a bit confused...
    Lock was requested & agreed.
    Then it wasn't locked & this thread was started.
    Now it has been locked.

What was the issue with locking it in the first place?

I'm a bit confused...
    Lock was requested & agreed.
    Then it wasn't locked & this thread was started.
    Now it has been locked.

What was the issue with locking it in the first place?

I requested a thread I had started be locked. The thread was just going off point. I used a phrase "fast lane" which some people somehow found amusing.

I asked Biko to lock to which he agreed provided I ask on the thread. I simply asked did I have to ask on the thread.

He responded yes and subsequently decided within the same message to no longer lock it.
    He insisted I was difficult.
    If you read the pms, I was not at all.
    He then began to ignore me.

I simply wanted a thread locked to which he agreed, he then decided to use his authority and not commit to my request for no apparent reason.
    Imo this is simply another scenario of one rule for one and another for someone else.
    I know if a reg asked him he would have instantly locked it.
    I think his ignorance, lack of communication and overall attitude should warrant an apology to me but I know I won't get it.
    He's now locked the thread another I sent him another pm.
    Why not lock it when I asked and after he agreed. It was a simple request. He was simply exerting his authority and needlessly throwing his weight around.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there. I've had a look at this & it would appear that the mod agreed to lock the thread thinking that it was problematic. However, after reviewing the thread they did not see sufficient reason to do so.

This is quite acceptable. We do not lock threads just because the OP doesn't like the responses. In mitigation, the mod asked you to report the specific posts that you had issue with.

I believe that this has since been resolved (ie, the thread has been locked) after further PM correspondence today.

I would like to note that I see no evidence of the mod "throwing their weight around" or over exerting their authority. I'd also strongly suggest that you refrain from calling our Moderators 'ignorant' in future when they are simply of a different opinion to yourself.

tHB

Hi there. I've had a look at this & it would appear that the mod agreed to lock the thread thinking that it was problematic. However, after reviewing the thread they did not see sufficient reason to do so.

This is quite acceptable. We do not lock threads just because the OP doesn't like the responses. In mitigation, the mod asked you to report the specific posts that you had issue with.

I believe that this has since been resolved (ie, the thread has been locked) after further PM correspondence today.

I would like to note that I see no evidence of the mod "throwing their weight around" or over exerting their authority. I'd also strongly suggest that you refrain from calling our Moderators 'ignorant' in future when they are simply of a different opinion to yourself.

tHB

Hi

I would strongly disagree with almost every aspect of your assessment. I assumed taking any action would fall on deaf ears which it has.

I could break down in each paragraph and explain why it's wrong but that would be pointless as your premise here seem to be to protect a core group.

I think my assessment of the mods actions and referring to them as ignorant is pretty fair. I haven't been in any way abusive which seems to be what you're insinuating.

Although I think the conclusion you came to seems bias, thank you for taking a look anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement